Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Delimiter Slot Hosting - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Delimiter Slot Hosting

2»

Comments

• raspberrypi.org

cmsjr123 said: I'm still looking into I'd having a spare laptop running all the time if energy efficient enough right now.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @cmsjr123 said:
    If it works great. I might actually put a bunch of content on one disk and have it for plex.

It would probably work fairly well for Plex as long as you ensure the encoding is correct before you load content into it. A single L5520 core would not handle video transcoding very well, although it would probably handle Plex direct stream (audio transcoding/video container change) for a single stream.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • cmsjr123 said: I might actually put a bunch of content on one disk and have it for plex.

As @mikeyur says transcoding on an L5520 is going to /painful/. If its just serving, then it should be fine, there are a couple of customers on here that do that.

• Mount server with SSHFS, and have plex pull from the mounted share that goes to your slot host.

Which is what I do.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Mun said:
    Mount server with SSHFS, and have plex pull from the mounted share that goes to your slot host.

Which is what I do.

Where's your box that's running Plex located? What's the delay like on indexing & streaming?

• Mun said: Mount server with SSHFS, and have plex pull from the mounted share that goes to your slot host.

One customer for extra hardcore value, pulls his data from ObjSpace into Plex. Don't know what the config is, but says it works

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I don't think its that, he is making native S3 requests for the file rather some FUSE/POSIX arbitration layer.

I'll find out

• @MarkTurner said:
    I don't think its that, he is making native S3 requests for the file rather some FUSE/POSIX arbitration layer.

What would be the advantage of using Slot Hosting rather than the KVM resource pool in this particular case? Since S3 is taking care of all the storage needs?

• spammy said: What would be the advantage of using Slot Hosting rather than the KVM resource pool in this particular case? Since S3 is taking care of all the storage needs?

He started with Slot Hosting, then added ObjSpace.

KVM resource pool was not available at that time.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Come on @MarkTurner , just activate my dedi :P

• netomx said: Come on @MarkTurner , just activate my dedi :P

You only ordered yesterday, I don't even think Anne has reviewed everything from Saturday yet!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@MarkTurner said:

But I'm special :) You don't need to review it :P

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • glusterfs also works very well for sharing data, and avoids FuseFS

Thanked by 1MarkTurner