Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Limited edition 4815 - an excellent deal - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Limited edition 4815 - an excellent deal

Comments

• So.. how does one use the HW RAID controller? How will I know a drive is broken?

• Dell huh?

Might have tempted me with 16gb ram.
    I just snagged a KS3 with i5-3570S+16Gb

I am spoilt.

• Have a Serveur Dedibox Limited Edition 3915 expiring soon if anyone wants it? Be 10 or 15 euro over the asking price and only root access as we cannot seem to pass things on at the moment?

• I swear I really want to know how you got windows working. Now I'm looking all over google, oracle java is downloading and installing now to have java(wtf in 2015?), so that I can use idrac virtual console to mount online.net's windows isos on this Dell server.

Apparently, this https://documentation.online.net/en/serveur-dedie/systemes-d_exploitation/installation_from_the_kvm_hp_ilo works.

TarZZ92 said: My benchmark

• because i am great :) and java works fine in IE

Thanked by 1netomx
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

I just hate anything related to java and flash.

Especially that downloading the virtual console file spew out this https://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml then needed this https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/exception_sitelist.xml.

Crap piece of outdated tech.

Great I got connected to the "virtual console of idrac" and the window dies after seconds.

TarZZ92 said: because i am great :) and java works fine in IE

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@TarZZ92 said:
    because i am great :) and java works fine in IE

• GM2015 said: Great I got connected to the "virtual console of idrac" and the window dies after seconds.

>

change java security levels

Thanked by 2netomx GM2015
  • I barely ever used java and don't remember what for. But now it seems to work. I'm on the kvm login console.

I will just attach the virtual media and see where this goes.

TarZZ92 said: change java security levels

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider

@Infinity580 said:

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

@DewlanceVPS said:

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

** Online support did their part and windows' on its way. **

How the are you supposed to mount any iso or img files on idrac6 with these servers when you can't change any configuration at virtual console/configuration?

The attach media on the java applet doesn't work either.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/servers/f/177/t/19337739

I get the same error.

"When I try to Map the drive (still in launch virtual media menu) I get the error:
    Drive Error
    Either Virtual Media is detached or
    Virtual Media redirection for the selected virtual disk drive is already in use."

Changing the configuration is greyed out on that tab.

"i got the solution from dell support:

i had to open idrac. go to system > console/media, then click configuration and enable virtual media.

i tought i had already checked this, and the cause is that iDRAC has a blue text for the current tab, and black for the tab you are NOT in.

Example:
    Console Redirection and Virtual Media Configuration

Wheras Configuration is now NOT active! You have to click Configuration even though it's not marked as a link. Lame programmers :)"

** Online support did their part and windows' on its way. **

• WolfWolf Member
    edited November 2015

You have to open a support ticket.

They will manually have to enable it in the iDRAC... as you lack the rights.

Once they have enabled it, you can mount any ISO / whatever via the Java-Client. :)

(Had the same issue)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • ericlsericls Member, Patron Provider

No set up fee, that's what tempted me

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

That's so fucking obvious(I mean I didn't even think of this, lol). Why is there idrac enabled if you can't do shit on your server? /rant

Thank you, didn't know that.

Just opened a ticket asking them about this stuff.

Wolf said: You have to open a support ticket.

They will manually have to enable it in the iDRAC... as you lack the rights.

Once they have enabled it, you can mount any ISO / whatever via the Java-Client. :)

Thanked by 1Wolf
  • WolfWolf Member
    edited November 2015

Yeah, was also a little confused and searching the solution for almost 2h...

Didn't feel like bothering the support with something 'this easy'.

In the end I just gave up but just love 'online.net' 's support. :)

Still copying... my network is damn slow :(

@GM2015 said:
    That's so fucking obvious(I mean I didn't even think of this, lol). Why is there idrac enabled if you can't do shit on your server? /rant

Thank you, didn't know that.

Just opened a ticket asking them about this stuff.

• I made a windows server for this. I realised I'm not going to upload a few gigs of iso to France with max 300kbps second until their times runs out.

Wolf said: Still copying... my network is damn slow :(

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

Oh, and you'd probably need to use openvpn(try nyr's script) and possibly squid3. They outright 403-d me on a amazon aws ip.

Wolf said: Still copying... my network is damn slow :(

• If anyone's interested, we have a spare Dedibox Limited 1115 (2x2Tb) server available. I just moved a client to a closer location. Will fully outsource if you're an established Let member with a small markup for the hassle. Drop me a pm if interested.

• First time use their server.Is there a fast way to change Raid1 to 0.

• @yingchun said:
    First time use their server.Is there a fast way to change Raid1 to 0.

Yes:

Thanked by 1yingchun
  • @Saragoldfarb said:
    If anyone's interested, we have a spare Dedibox Limited 1115 (2x2Tb) server available. I just moved a client to a closer location. Will fully outsource if you're an established Let member with a small markup for the hassle. Drop me a pm if interested.

I sent you a PM.....

• jarland said: Online.net looking out for my spending habits. Can't order without confirming cell phone, SMS not received :(

My dear friend, open a ticket and u'll have it unlocked in just some minutes ;)

• Grabbed one! Thanks!

• I failed miserably at restraining my self from getting another online.net box this year, on a side note online's support was insanely quick as usual when I had problems with verifying my phone number.

• I bought one from myself. I want to know the delivery time of server.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

** Non-moderator edit: **
    http://ccm.net/forum/affich-32218-2nd-sata-hard-drive-not-shown-on-my-computer
    ** Learn to google man **

Anyone know why windows server 2008 is not showing the second drive of the server?

It was shown offline during the drive formatting screen at installation and there's no sign of the drive on windows computer either.

Device manager shows 2 ATA Hitachi HUA72201 scsi disk devices. I still don't get it why I only have a drive.

I turned off standard raid 1 yesterday after buying, waited for online.net console for this raid setting update. Installed debian 8 WITH NO RAID AT ALL during drive formatting.

Then installed after many hours a windows trial iso via idrac6 and then we're back to line 3 of this post.

SM Bus Controller also doesn't have driver installed according to device manager.

• @GM2015 said:
    Anyone know why windows server 2008 is not showing the second drive of the server?

It was shown offline during the drive formatting screen at installation and there's no sign of the drive on windows computer either.

Device manager shows 2 ATA Hitachi HUA72201 scsi disk devices. I still don't get it why I only have a drive.

I turned off standard raid 1 yesterday after buying, waited for online.net console for this raid setting update. Installed debian 8 WITH NO RAID AT ALL during drive formatting.

Then installed after many hours a windows trial iso via idrac6 and then we're back to line 3 of this post.

SM Bus Controller also doesn't have driver installed according to device manager.

You do not refund?o(^▽^)o

• I plan to install a virtualize two hosts on the server. May i will use KVM or wait for the MS 2016 Hyer-Visior. Which Server would you recommend:

The one from the offer:
    https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-limited4815
    Or thhis one:
    https://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

The Second one has a not so good CPU Score, but got's more Threads, what in most cases is more important if you plan to virt computes.

The 2 VMs on the Hypervisor will run a Webapplication and a small Database

Any thoughts would be helpful, thanks so far. BR Bernd