Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net Limited edition 4815 - an excellent deal - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net Limited edition 4815 - an excellent deal

Comments

• tehdan said: hoarding limited servers you don't need :)

Spending 20eur + VAT a month for something you don't need doesn't make much sense, does it?

Thanked by 1ehab
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Amitz said: Want me to order one for you?

Benedikt straight up called me to verify. I love that guy.

• sc754sc754 Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    Online.net looking out for my spending habits. Can't order without confirming cell phone, SMS not received :(

I put my number in like this +44.7812341234 and it worked (UK mobile phone)

• Well, with the same CPU as in their last offer this is a very straight downgrade to their previous offer which had 2x2TB, 16GB Ram and same CPU for 99ct more.

Thanked by 1Rolter
  • God that took an entire 5 minutes to deliver, they really need to work on their delivery times

Thanked by 2VPN sin
  • RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@jarland said:
    I say this, then they call me and confirm it within 5 minutes of opening a ticket. I love online.net.

Benedikt straight up called me to verify. I love that guy.

He is the best , always polite .

Hah , so it seems like one person can only buy 1 of these servers .

Why are they being so restrictive now ?

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Rolter said:

You said you've got 3 of these, how then?

• So , i got a 1220 as well .

• @pbalazs123 said:

They cancelled 2 of them and when i tried to buy again , i got the error that the offer is not available to me anymore.

• Maybe you should try harder @bene_online

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

no minimum guaranteed bandwidth, huh?

• Why do you need guaranteed? Just do as much as you can.

exception0x876 said: no minimum guaranteed bandwidth, huh?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

Where is their DC exactly?

• @agoldenberg said:
    Where is their DC exactly?

France, Paris

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

@GM2015 said:
    Why do you need guaranteed? Just do as much as you can.

This just makes me wonder how much of those special boxes they put per uplink.

• RolterRolter Member
    edited November 2015

@GM2015 said:
    Why do you need guaranteed? Just do as much as you can.

They keep sending you emails after a while , if you use above the 95th percentile of speed.

So it would be nice to know the BW limit , would help to setup wondershare or other programs to keep server from going above the limit and keep from paying 79 euros for unmetered 1Gbps BW on a 20 euro server.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

Really? This limited server is my second dedicated from online and my kidechire doesn't do that much bandwidth.

I plan to put windows on this, so it might it bandwidth problems.

I wonder how much of 1gbit advertised is intentionally right or mistaken.

Rolter said: They keep sending you emails after a while , if you use above the 95th percentile of speed.

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited November 2015

They now show it as 1220 and not as 1220v2. You can be happy if you received the v2. Their last special offer was MUCH better...

• I'm not sure I understand this RAID stuff at online. I went to RAID setup and chose No Raid then went ahead with their confirmation. Server status showed updating the hardware raid choice, then it went away.

Now on installing debian 8(I want to install own windows iso after that either as VM or a new os) it doesn't let me remove /boot from the second disk. Why is that?

• Really, what did they expect?
    @bene_online told me that the deal wasn't even live and that's why it showed wrong:

Did they really expect that nobody on LET monitors their Limited offers order-page?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I rang @bene_online and got a full refund on it.

• @tr1cky said:
    Really, what did they expect?
    bene_online told me that the deal wasn't even live and that's why it showed wrong:

Did they really expect that nobody on LET monitors their Limited offers order-page?

If it is not officially launched yet , why are the servers being provisioned and delivered ?

Does not make sense.

• Got 1 :D
    Installation in progress

• can someone post a benchmark

• blackblack Member
    edited November 2015

Rolter said: If it is not officially launched yet , why are the servers being provisioned and delivered ?

Does not make sense.

Because their system is highly automated. They don't go send techs out to build your server, rack it, then provide you with login information. A typo happened and they're refunding if you don't want it, I think that's fair.

Thanked by 2iKocka netomx
  • I am waiting for the old offers, need more ram und hdd.

• krishnap said: can someone post a benchmark

this would be a recent one someone has done

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/3072373

Thanked by 1krishnap
  • Dead sale gone wrong.

tr1cky said: wasn't even live

• @black said:

Ofc that is fair , and a brawback of automation , but still when you are such a big brand , you can expect butterfly effect from tiny errors.

I am not saying this deal is bad or i will ask for a refund , it is just that i would have liked it more had i known what exactly i was buying .

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited November 2015

My benchmark

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench3/4318979

Info: http://valid.x86.fr/01j7v4

And it appears to have 1.35V ram rather than 1.5

Thanked by 1Rolter