Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did YOU get for Christmas? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What did YOU get for Christmas?

13»

Comments

• @FTNChris said: Cough You are forgetting something Cough

Oh yeah!

URPad will be going to Las Vegas in January! Can't wait!

• @MannDude said: URPad will be going to Las Vegas in January! Can't wait!

Yups Yups !!! E3 and E5 ! - coming coming !

• @darknessends said: Yups Yups !!! E3 and E5 ! - coming coming !

CES will be happening while we're in town, not sure if we're going or not (or will be able to).

But it's Vegas. We're going to get into a lot of fun, and hopefully not a lot of trouble :)

• @MannDude said: CES will be happening while we're in town, not sure if we're going or not (or will be able to).

But it's Vegas. We're going to get into a lot of fun, and hopefully not a lot of trouble :)

Since you guys are a lot into cheap webhosting, are u looking at the new ATOM series that is powerful enough for servers?

• Nothing either :X

Well, got a Humble Bundle from one of my online friends, but nothing from family itself.

Might have something to do with being in another country ¬_¬

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

A nice long vacation is all I wanted and this is exactly what I got. I am more than happy :)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

I only got money because I'm too fussy apparently. So maybe around £300.

• @Infinity said: So maybe around £300.

Holy.

That's a decent amount :D.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Nothing, aside from some additional generosity from donors.

Perfect :)

• Same as SimpleNode and Patrick nothing.

• 50 Dollar check from the mother-in-law, and 50 gift card to harbor freight.

• @24khost said: 50 Dollar check from the mother-in-law, and 50 gift card to harbor freight.

Harbor Freight is the bomb man congrats!!!!!

• Doctor Who on DVD <3
    New Logitech Keyboard/Mouse
    Money
    Nook (<3 the e-ink screen and I rooted it)

• Thanks best tool store ever!

• My wife went to walmart on black friday. Bought the ipad 2 and got a $75 dollar gift card for buying it. Then had them price match sears for the nook which was on sale for $39.99 and bought 2 of them with the gift card. 2 nooks less than $12.00

• @AuroraZ said: Same as SimpleNode and Patrick nothing.

:<

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Truthfully, I've reached the age where the giving presents is more fun.

My three favorite gifts I gave this year:

1. A board book to my 3-year-old. Bought a board book from Goodwill, used Photoshop to make new pages for it (story about our family), glued each page I made over the book's page, and wah-lah, Christmas story about our family.

2. A miniature Christmas ornament for my wife. Gave my daughter a huge homemade dollhouse for her birthday. Gave my wife a 1/15th miniature of it as a Christmas. Mostly small pieces of oak with hardwood molding.

3. And the best was...a vacuum cleaner. For our 16-year-old. OK, so the story is that vacuuming is one of her chores. Christmas eve, my wife is preparing for the holiday party and realizes she needs to vacuum (16yo is already in bed). The vacuum is broke. I've fixed it several times but now it's completely dead. So I go to Wal-mart and buy a new vacuum at 9:30pm. On the way back, I deviously think that we'll use it and then wrap it up and give it to our 16yo. "Here's your great Christmas present - a new vacuum!" So we did...and her face was a bit crestfallen. Then we gave her the real Christmas present - new netbook - and she was a lot happier :-)

• @raindog308 said: And the best was...a vacuum cleaner. For our 16-year-old. OK, so the story is that vacuuming is one of her chores. Christmas eve, my wife is preparing for the holiday party and realizes she needs to vacuum (16yo is already in bed). The vacuum is broke. I've fixed it several times but now it's completely dead. So I go to Wal-mart and buy a new vacuum at 9:30pm. On the way back, I deviously think that we'll use it and then wrap it up and give it to our 16yo. "Here's your great Christmas present - a new vacuum!" So we did...and her face was a bit crestfallen. Then we gave her the real Christmas present - new netbook - and she was a lot happier :-)

Good one :)

• Nothing to be sad about bro I have my health for another year. This time last year did not know if I would make it. I am here and that is all I need. :-) Be happy man not sad to much sadness in the world as it is.

• @raindog308 said: (16yo is already in bed). The vacuum is broke. I've fixed it several times but now it's completely dead. So I go to Wal-mart and buy a new vacuum at 9:30pm.

Wow, 16 year old in bed at 9:30pm, you got it good for xmas, better than the vacuum

• @miTgiB said: Wow, 16 year old in bed at 9:30pm, you got it good for xmas, better than the vacuum

My 3 yr old won't even go to bed at 11pm.

1. really nice Electronics kit :P
    2. $50 dollars
    3. $10 Amazon Gift Card
    4. $10 Barns and Nobles card - I don't really read though...
    5. Really nice metronome for drums
    6. Black Ops II / another game
    7. Clothing

Thinking about buying a Pi but I don't want to wait.. :( A lot I want to buy. Perhaps another pocket knife..

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@miTgiB said: Wow, 16 year old in bed at 9:30pm, you got it good for xmas, better than the vacuum

Well, in "bedroom" was probably more accurate. Announce you're going to clean the house and it's amazing how fast kids scram to their rooms to avoid task delegation...

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@miTgiB said: Wow, 16 year old in bed at 9:30pm

I wish I could do that. I just can't sleep; I'll physically get into bed at like 4AM in the holidays but not to sleep until like 6AM by which time it's already getting brighter outside. On a school day it's around midnight and I can't get to sleep until 2AM.

@raindog308 said: Announce you're going to clean the house and it's amazing how fast kids scram to their rooms to avoid task delegation...

I do pretty much most of the cleaning here, I don't really mind, but it is a hassle to get up in the first place.

• Cobalt s700 Android tablet ( 512 - 8 - A10 1.2ghz ) with USB keyboard in carrying case.

RAWR! It rocks. Now I have to figure out how to shoehorn Debian into the thing. Anybody got a good link?

Also clothing, food, and Lowe's gift cards.

Been needing a new cordless drill for a while, my old Skil 9.6v has a dying battery and it is so old that replacements are not available. Might grab a new one with the gift cards.