Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

do you need a ebay server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

do you need a ebay server?

yothyoth Member
edited December 2012 in General

quickpacket is your choice.
and reinstall 60 dollars/time
and no refund!
and the i/o , oh ,no
ou will be regret to buy such a rubbish

Comments

• Pointless

• what

• SimpleNodeSimpleNode Member
    edited December 2012

Trying to understand it;

Do you need a ebay server?
    QuickPacket is your (best) choice (sarcastic.)
    Reinstalls cost 60 dollars per reinstall!
    And they don't offer refunds!
    And the I/O, oh, no, it's terribad.

You will regret to buy such a rubbish (server).

srsly, what is a "Ebay server"?

• Guess I am lost what is the point in this post?

• @SimpleNode said: what is a "Ebay server"?

I assume he's saying the server's so bad that they must have bought it for cheap off of eBay?

• fanfan Veteran

@qps Let's see the other part of the story.

I see quite a lot cheap refurbished L5420's on ebay, perhaps the OP is meaning this.

• I don't see any problem with a refurbished anything. Ditto for used gear.

If you are buying at the price points or with advantages you know the semi-risk with such (i.e. fan failures, perhaps aged drives). Aside from that, performance should be identical to the same or similar machine that is "new".

If what you are buying is misrepresented, then sure, an issue.

All that said, I am a former Quickpacket customer (Atlanta). Only reason I stopped being a customer was because I was overloaded with offers too nearby geographically (i.e. RamNode and offers out of Dacentec in North Carolina).

Quickpacket had one node overload issue in my time with them and it was handled gracefully, but went on for a few days.

@yoth, I say post something meaningful. As is, no one is sure what the problem is or was. Were you a shared hoster? VPS? Dedicated?

• hi

• TazTaz Member
    edited December 2012

Hello this is potato speaking.

• who would order from them? their website is gross.

• Read their ToS before you order, it is pointless to post here and expect for sympathy.

• Come on @David_P... What is a gross website? I could frankly care less how pretty someones website looks. It's about as relevant as how ugly the owner's face is. You should care about the ability of the company to own, operate and admin their gear. Things like uptime, throughput speed, disk IO, etc.

The OP is a customer who had a problem mucking around with a dedicated server. Disk IO issue it appears. Then wanted someone to rescue him and do OS re-install outside of business hours, for free. Doesn't want to pay to get immediate hands on and doesn't want to wait until next business day.

Then complains to PayPal about it being an unauthorized transaction.

Perhaps something on OP is being lost in English translation.

Fact is, when I deal with installs done by companies/facilities, sometimes things aren't right or not easily fixed. So I build the time into the new system. What's another day to wait?

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited December 2012

@pubcrawler said: What is a gross website?

It shows that the person cannot hire someone to professionally do it, or they will not put the time into a decent design.

@pubcrawler said: how ugly the owner's face

naw, id careless how his face looks, I'm just not impressed.. I love beautiful websites<3,

trolololo

• Thanks for the great review, OP.

We will stay away from them as much as we can, thanks for the advise! :)

• What is this?

• Bought my first server through them. Definitely great response times, will use again!

[as if...]

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2012

@David_P said: It shows that the person cannot hire someone to professionally do it, or they will not put the time into a decent design.

No, it shows that they do not have a "good design". Nothing more, nothing less. Your conclusion that they "cannot hire someone and won't put time into it" isn't much more than a guess.

Do you really know the reasons for someone not to have a (subjectively) good design? You probably don't.

• Considering I received a nastygram from them for a single line in another post, tagging @qps in here.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

This customer ordered a Dual Xeon L5420 from one of our offers on WHT.

The customer requested an OS reload within hours of ordering the server. As it was after business hours, we advised that we could conduct the OS reload for free during business hours, but if he wanted an OS reload outside of business hours that it would be an additional charge. The statement about free OS reloads during business hours was clearly stated in the offer on WHT.

Shortly there after, the customer opened a PayPal "unauthorized payment" dispute. We told them to close the false dispute if they wanted to continue service with us.

They then claimed that they had never ordered service from us, that someone had hacked their e-mail and PayPal account, and requested a refund. We reported all of this to PayPal, including the IP address that they ordered from. PayPal reported to us that their claims were false and decided in our favor. As a result of the customer lying to us and to PayPal, we terminated service.

The customer never reported any I/O error to us. If it is true that the customer encountered an I/O error, I believe it was a result of the customer's actions to repartition the hard drive while there was a live system running on it, not by any fault with the server, as we test all of our servers thoroughly before turning them over to customers.

Our terms of service are clear about what happens if a payment is returned. The customer electronically agreed to the terms of service when they signed up. Our decision is final and we are not going to issue a refund, nor are we going to reactivate service. We have no interest in doing business with a customer who attempts to defraud us.

• @qps Be careful they don't open a CC dispute, it will cost a fee even if they win.

edited December 2012

@Taylor said: Be careful they don't open a CC dispute, it will cost a fee even if they win.

We are fully aware and that's the reason we have the policy in place in our Terms of Service.

• you guys are plebs
    clearly this is
    a poem
    of something higher
    than your understanding

• @yoth said: reinstall 60 dollars/time

and no refund!

For $60/reinstall I'd rather get a professional company (like Joes Datacenter) to get me a server up for like $30 and pay maybe $5 per reinstall, ect.

@curtisg said: For $60/reinstall I'd rather get a professional company (like Joes Datacenter) to get me a server up for like $30 and pay maybe $5 per reinstall, ect.

The OS reinstall would have been free if the customer was willing to wait for business hours.

• I don't know why the PITA customer wasn't just cabled a KVM and told to have at it.

People are damn impatient. Could have been hardware error as later alleged or it could have been user error (happens to the best of us at times).

@pubcrawler said: I don't know why the PITA customer wasn't just cabled a KVM and told to have at it.

People are damn impatient. Could have been hardware error as later alleged or it could have been user error (happens to the best of us at times).

The free KVM and free OS reload services are only available during business hours in Las Vegas because the data center is not staffed 24x7 yet.

It definitely was not a hardware error, as we've tested the hardware since and it is functioning perfectly.

• Poor @qps. Some customers just aren't worth having.

That's kind of scary that Fiberhub doesn't have 24x7 staffing?!? Lots of providers moving into Fiberhub. I smell problems. @Francisco you aware of this?