Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for KVM stoarge - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for KVM stoarge

2»

Comments

• So I'm guessing you're using it as a seedbox?

• 100GB of disk space for $7?

That should be doable all day long. That's 7 cents per gigabyte.

Problem here is there aren't many KVM offers generally. OpenVZ seems to be 80%+ of offers.

I'd always watch out for offers for large disk space on OVZ. Not only is overselling a huge concern (and usually what happens 99% of the time), I'd be scared shitless having millions upon millions upon MILLIONS of inodes spread over multiple TB of space.

This problem seems to just be the nature of disk, period. Same plague that strikes many VPS offers. Count me as ignorant, but I can't see how KVM would prevent this or any other platform virtualized or not.

I don't really understand all the big fancy disk arrays for a pure cheap storage model. There is selling storage and then there is selling premium storage with redundancy folks pay for (i.e. true remote backup service).

Real scared of providers with existing VPS nodes who are selling excess capacity as storage. Think many of the offers recently were that. I haven't even started testing the storage nodes we've picked up, but continue to shuffle ones in and out as small annoyances push me in other directions (peering, slow throughput on bandwidth, bad routes between other storage sites).

I know there are more offers forthcoming, whether KVM will be in the mix, not many out there. ServerAxis offers Xen, but does 1TB disk minimum @ $24/mo.

BuyVM is best bet and KVM. I tried to get someone to sell me one of their plans a few months ago with no luck :(

• A few dollars above here would be a £8.99 /month Kimsufi mKS 2G...

http://www.ovh.co.uk/dedicated_servers/kimsufi.xml

• @pubcrawler said: A few dollars above here would be a £8.99 /month Kimsufi mKS 2G...

That's over double the price.

• 8.99 British pounds now translates to $14.51 USD.

Sorry, the USD sure is weak currently.