Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance to get any Indonesian lowend VPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any chance to get any Indonesian lowend VPS

Comments

• @fazar said:
    IMO, 5 usd per month on Indonesia is impossible (for now). thats why I prefer SG location for my projects. AFAIK, some Indonesian high traffic website, such traveloka also use SG (Amazon EC).

Equinix tier III+ dc.. is it possible? we only have one electricity supplier, PLN. III+ dc is required at least 2 electricity supplier, right?

i think cikarang listrindo and PLN supply their electricity

• @shell said:
    i think cikarang listrindo and PLN supply their electricity

good to know it, since we cant count with PLN.
    @tommy .. daxa. its a solid provider, you are lucky if have a nice deal with them. ;)

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@fazar said:

Equinix tier III+ dc.. is it possible? we only have one electricity supplier, PLN. III+ dc is required at least 2 electricity supplier, right?

PT DCI Indonesia, the first DC equipped by its own power plant in Indonesia. Followed by Biznet Green at Cikeas now.

@tommy said:
    [OOT] Here (Indonesia) office/home user had faster upload than server in datacenter. I can download/upload up to 100mbps/50 mbps from office while using my indonesia server only able to push 5 mbps max and shared to maybe thousand of people. lol

@sirmbhe said:
    I have vps an Indonesian VPS, and the network and the performance is kinda so so. So, yeah, SG like DO is a better option if you are looking for a lowend one. But, if you are on enterprise level, the conversation would be quite different.

It might be that you are not on one of Jakarta DC. In every Jakarta DC, the IIX and OpenIXP port are all lose-less (means unlimited). If you are complaining about IX or APAC traffic, yes you are right, like previously mentioned, I saw someone big enough has 4 racks but only utilize 10 MBps IX link (that would be a big big big very big problem). That's why I understand that your home broadband download connection would be faster than at the DC. The last time Cpanel's server in SG down, many Indoesia's host suffered because of this. So before you go with any VPS provider, you might ask them at first, how many racks have they occupied and can you see the MRTG of all traffic to IX :) (if possible and they are willing to share this 'unofficial' information). That'll be a very top secret information.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Indonesian connection very suck,
    i have 1 vps with telkom, but connection not good on local network,
    Preffer vps on singapore than indonesia dude.

• @DalComp said:

Still merem bro :v

• @winnervps said:
    elgs are all of them (factory, office and cloud app servers) residing in Jakarta/Indonesia?

They are in both Jakarta and Surabaya. Currently majority of them are in Surabaya.

• If any interested using "My Republic" for bandwith connection
    They offer 299.000 IDR for 100mbps conenction on region Jakarta.

@hawkjohn7 said:
    If any interested using "My Republic" for bandwith connection

They are on broadband home connection, not for the DC, cmiiw. For DC, the price per MB ranging from US$ 35 to 100

@elgs your best bet would be finding a VPS in Jakarta DC then obviously. With IIX and OpenIXP unmetered you'll be all fine.

Thanked by 1elgs
  • winnervps said: It might be that you are not on one of Jakarta DC. In every Jakarta DC, the IIX and OpenIXP port are all lose-less (means unlimited). If you are complaining about IX or APAC traffic, yes you are right, like previously mentioned,

yup traffic to outside indonesia/IX.

winnervps said: They are on broadband home connection, not for the DC, cmiiw. For DC, the price per MB ranging from US$ 35 to 100

that why I prefer upload from my home connection than from my VPS :) at least 5x faster

• i was trying Telkom 100mbps last month 1.3 jeti /month get max 53/26mbps

• @hawkjohn7 said:
    If any interested using "My Republic" for bandwith connection

Tebet 15c bro?

• robohost said: i was trying Telkom 100mbps last month 1.3 jeti /month get max 53/26mbps

do you mean Indihome? If yes, then you better complain to plasa telkom :P

edited November 2015

@tommy said:
    that why I prefer upload from my home connection than from my VPS :) at least 5x faster

Hahahaha I understand how you feel.

[root@vpsharry ~]# wget https://lgsg.serverkeren.com/100MB.test
    --2015-11-13 14:12:42-- https://lgsg.serverkeren.com/100MB.test
    Resolving lgsg.serverkeren.com... 103.236.148.13
    Connecting to lgsg.serverkeren.com|103.236.148.13|:443... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 100000000 (95M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: “100MB.test”
    1% [ ] 1,130,496 144K/s eta 10m 14s

@elgs another thing your best bet is finding provider with Padinet as they have good backbone in Surabaya (HQ) and Jakarta (Branch).

Thanked by 1elgs
  • robohostrobohost Member
    edited November 2015

@tommy said:

percuma bro paling jawabannya "Sorry for the inconvenience our technician will check your connection" ,seminggu beres kumat lagi mending down grade :D

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • Intinya mah ya, if you want lowend don't go for Indonesia.

We have our own unique problem, such as the size of our country in which most of it are islands, and sea, and don't forget to mention our lunatic politician that makes building an infrastructure would be quite hard (well.. or easy if you have the money and know the right person).

But, if you happen to love LowEndFood, we have quite a choice for you and your thin wallet :)

edited November 2015

@sirmbhe said:
    But, if you happen to love LowEndFood, we have quite a choice for you and your thin wallet :)

Nasi uduk, nasi goreng, ketoprak, gado gado, aha nasi kucing 15rb kenyang abis ($1.5 you can grab fantastic food with large bowl ;))....wesssssssss lama2 ini jadi threadnya orang indo ngendon....aya aya wae lowendfood idenya boljug tuh, serius nih.

• asem pada curhat semua, hahaha...

banyak juga ya di LET anak indonesianya, sampe ketawa sendiri ane baca curhatannya... haha

nunggu Dediserve aja katanya mau buka di Jakarta :D

Thanked by 2winnervps dediserve
  • Semoga saja gan, katanya akhir November bakal selesai yg dediserver

Thanked by 2winnervps dediserve
  • keyword, maybe

Thanked by 1winnervps
  • andiklive said: banyak juga ya di LET anak indonesianya,

Ini aja lom nongol semua :P

Thanked by 1winnervps
  • For Indonesia South Korea is OK but When Singapore is just next door probably You should consider Singapore . You can't find reliable cheap VPS that budget in Korea. The cheap providers are not much reliable for VPN

• Korean blocking is worse than Indonesia, good luck with warning.or.kr

• MarkTurner said: The question comes down to demand, is there a high enough demand over 5-10 years to justify the build? We don't need to turn a profit it on short term, the business case could easily stretch 5-10 years but the concerns would have, having been involved with deployments in Africa and Middle East - stability both politically and economically, access to local skilled/reliable workforce and ability to get the relevant permits/licenses without having to keep relying on 'wasta'.

Demand in 5-10 years will be increasing significantly, especially from low-mid business sectors. In these past 3-4 years, after the first 4Glte network launch, Internet market expands significantly.

We can see this by looking at the reality that Chinese made androids and refurbished blackberry (ex. Verizon) are quite popular among factory workers with an average wage of USD250. This huge market is currently being tapped by more and more increasing numbers of apps development

We have quite an abundant of skilled workforce both in technical and management areas. The only thing my countrymen lack of are mostly foreign language skill and self confidence. Many of the finest men got beaten down by the bureaucracy, and those who are lucky go abroad and have good careers in major international companies or establish their own venues.

We are quite stable politically, but there is also my personal concern that several politicians are looking for contacts with economically strong entities like D Trump for their own benefit and start setting business in property and technology sectors incognito. This means that there would be some obstacles in obtaining permits as monopoly and 'wasta' still play a significant role here.

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Any NAT Indonesian VPS will suffice I believe.

• vRozenSch00n said:
    Demand in 5-10 years will be increasing significantly, especially from low-mid business sectors. In these past 3-4 years, after the first 4Glte network launch, Internet market expands significantly.

I totally agree, we're seeing the same in North Africa and Middle East. The growth is phenomenal, but requires good people on the ground to obtain and maintain licenses, develop the market and of course package the products suitable for local market.

vRozenSch00n said: We are quite stable politically, but there is also my personal concern that several politicians are looking for contacts with economically strong entities like D Trump for their own benefit and start setting business in property and technology sectors incognito. This means that there would be some obstacles in obtaining permits as monopoly and 'wasta' still play a significant role here.

This would be my concern too. I saw when we applied in a certain country trying to get a telecom operating license, we were at it for months, then one phone call from the right person and it was literally printed, stamped and signed the same day.

Getting those level of contacts is critical.

• Fritz said: Any NAT Indonesian VPS will suffice I believe.

no, by sharing up to 5/10 mbps to hundred or thousand user ?

• @tommy said:

Back to gprs/wap era, i supposed. Lol

edited November 2015

As you can see now, there are some big online companies doing a big venture here. Likewise Tokopedia, Lazada, Sukamart. And the last (I affirmed this will not the last) concept from local, is Go-Jek that use online system to outturn and generate their revenue. Not to mention some startups. I believe things have been changed this far and will be for the next couple of 5 to 10 years in the online industries in Indonesia, influencing the hosting industries as well.

I thought Japanese have eyes on the industries yet by injecting a big amount of fund into Tokopedia, while Mr. Makarim (CEO of Gojek) is taking the chance to step into the USA big fish to propose an endowment.

I believe there will be more and more of the "Kaskus phenomena" alike here, and this will boost the online industries here. FYI, Kaskus, Detik, and Vivanews have many rows in IDC Duren Tiga. While Garena, the famous online gaming industry owned by young people (I read it in Forbes, 37 years old multi millionaire) from Singapore, did the same in CDC (Cyber Building).

What I'm just a bit curious is, why Yahoo, Google, Amazon left Indonesia, in housing their servers, abandoned their plan to build the DC here. Is it because of the unstable regulations? workers? I can't comprehend but that's the truth sad fact. But well life must go on.

I think I know how medium to small providers sense and experience in performing business in Indonesia. I saw something bad, and it is terrible and I know it will hurt everyone, not only people in hosting industry.

AFAIK, You can't get your refurbished (used) items, i.e. servers, network equipment,etc. to get through (import) into Indonesia's gate of Custom and Tax, especially from USA (as I know many peoples here love eBay's cheap used servers, as well as providers out there). But there is one exception through custom (Bea Cukai)...........UUD/"bribe"/dirty work (If you are Indonesian, you know how it works right? Otherwise you can dispart and slice them into smaller parts, but I don't think 1U or 2U casing can work that way. Well I don't feel comfort in teaching you how to 'trick' as I, myself feel terrible and very sad that we faced similar problems here). That's why foreigners I believe won't and refused to do this, but I do perceive this situation as I acquainted many MNC avoid doing this, as well). Even though, you bring and have valid documents on them.

In Singapore there is a GST 7% and the regulation is published openly. 7% for all items https://www.iras.gov.sg/IRASHome/GST/GST-registered-businesses/Learning-the-basics/Goods-and-Services-Tax--GST---What-It-Is-and-How-It-Works/

I hope there will be something like that in the future here. I'm so sorry as this topic has gone wild, sorry for the OP. But I think we know and understand how Dediserv, MarkTurner, and might be some others to come in their perspective of future market in Indonesia

• hawkjohn7hawkjohn7 Member
    edited November 2015

If you do import from external to internal, you will get tax 40% of your price, (that usualy tax i got) on Indonesia

Example, if server price is 800 usd (750 usd will get tax, 50 usd free tax)

Tax 750 usd * 40% = 300 usd

Total price server after arive to Indonesia is 800 + 300 usd = 1100 usd

Some dirty goverment employ will mark up twice of final price, that will make tax become twice.

Oh My God :(

@hawkjohn7 said:
    If you do import from external to internal, you will get tax 40% of your price, (that usualy tax i got) on Indonesia

Example, if server price is 800 usd (750 usd will get tax, 50 usd free tax)

Tax 750 usd * 40% = 300 usd

Total price server after arive to Indonesia is 800 + 300 usd = 1100 usd

Some dirty goverment employ will mark up twice of final price, that will make tax become twice.

Oh My God :(

Twice??? I think four or five? :D hehehe (as much as they like) What do you think?
    Law in Indonesia prohibited importing any used items (anything from electronics to clothing, etc.) That's why the 'mark up' will be slightly higher.