Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rasberry Pi alternate Banana pi - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rasberry Pi alternate Banana pi

13»

Comments

• @deadbeef said:

We are still under capital control so purchases with greek cards are only allowed for certain kind of purchases.

• @Nihim said:
    We are still under capital control so purchases with greek cards are only allowed for certain kind of purchases.

I'm Greek, I buy stuff online with cc/debit without an issue (for example this month I paid scaleway, amazon, bookdepository etc) . Haven't tried aliexpress recently though.

• Yea depends on what category each company is listed at.
    Btw seems aliexpress processes orders even if payment is unsuccessful, as a result just saw I had like 4-5 orders pending for the same item :(

@deadbeef: i.imgur.com/JAJx78m.png

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • If you're into bitcoins, see http://techcrunch.com/2015/11/18/mining-and-learning-with-the-21-bitcoin-computer. Bad investment, but it's a rasperry pi.

noaman said: goog

• Just hit 12MBps on file copy on usb 2.0 banana pi
    attached usb HDD seagate backup plus

• @noaman said:

Thx, paypal is accepted will have to check prices for the pi and see if sellers / site is ~trustworthy.+

@GM2015 said:

I got 0.x something BTC but mining at this time is worthless but as the article states it's an nice proof of concept.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited November 2015

@hawkjohn7 try some of these settings and let me know if this improves it for you any:

echo 912000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

echo 912000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq

echo 1008000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

echo 1008000 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo ondemand > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu1/cpufreq/scaling_governor

echo 25 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

echo 1 > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpufreq/ondemand/io_is_busy

echo deadline > /sys/block/sda/queue/scheduler # Please note use your drive in place of sda if different

>

If you are using this over network:

echo 1 > /proc/irq/$(cat /proc/interrupts | grep sw_ahci | cut -f 1 -d ":" | tr -d " ")/smp_affinity

echo 2 > /proc/irq/$(cat /proc/interrupts | grep eth0 | cut -f 1 -d ":" | tr -d " ")/smp_affinity

echo 2 > /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/rx-0/rps_cpus

echo 2 > /sys/class/net/eth0/queues/tx-0/xps_cpus

Some tweaks for the Banana Pi (A20) that I have found useful.

Note: these reset each boot usually, but you may also want to cat each one for their default value before changing it just so you know what you're changing ;)

Cheers!

Thanked by 1hawkjohn7
  • @nihim
    Could you do a transaction for me in paypal ?
    I could send you the payment in other form ....

• I hope I am not breaking any law :-)

• @noaman I have a policy of not using paypal or any other payment for people I don't know in RL, plus since atm I can only use paypal for cross country transactions...

Still you can pm me and tell me what it was you wanted but 90% + I will prolly have to say no :/

• @nihim no probs....actually I found the 9 bucks UHS 1 card micro SD 32 GB...and they accepted paypal