Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hosts that allowed torrents/Seedbox - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hosts that allowed torrents/Seedbox

2»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Was there an rm -rf between "let us skim" and "go ahead"? :-)

• @Francisco said: The US/CA thing was because we used to have IP space from hurricane electric and they used to complain when people would snag shows.

So how does this figure now that you're at Fiberhub? Are your addresses still a mix of geolocating to US or Canada?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@raindog308 said: Was there an rm -rf between "let us skim" and "go ahead"? :-)

Not by us, the VM was spun down and they gave us permission to look. We aren't the first host to report discrepancy's in a lot of these companies doings.

I'm fairly sure @bluevm had a thread they opened a few months back where they ranted about abusive DMCA groups with inaccurate record keeping. I think his policy of requiring certified mail makes sense. While it can be annoying to people wanting to report things, it also stops companies from carpet bombing your email.

@Soylent said: So how does this figure now that you're at Fiberhub? Are your addresses still a mix of geolocating to US or Canada?

Things still come to me since we're a CA company and things get handled through CA sources. Whenever we've had to deal with the authorities, they always get the RCMP as the initiator in any discussions and they then bring in other groups if we're OK with that.

Francisco

• Regarding CA IP/US IP usage i got a reply from buyvm support:

"Non-US IPs are no longer required to torrent, you can freely torrent with any IP in our ranges."

• As someone who used to work netsec at a University, I can attest to the claim that DMCAs are often incorrect; we got so many DMCAs with bad data that we rarely even enforced the policy of shutting them off after 5 warnings,, since many times the 5 we forwarded to them weren't correct at all

Also, torrenting isn't really resource-abusive if you allow for a small amount of ram for caching and limit connections, which is fine if you are on a private or personal tracker