Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with high storage and low RAM - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with high storage and low RAM

2»

Comments

• @karatekidmonkey said:
    What about primary backups? I backup to a NAS in my house and to Freevirtualserver's cloud. I want to use a T4VPS server as the first backup destination.

With encryption in-transit(ssh) and at-rest(your backup utility) , any dumb storage is fine as a push-destination. If you're a windows-user, you'll have to Google for suitable software options.

• @MarkTurner said:
    On Monday Delimiter will announce its Storage VPS, pricing will be good.

if you mean $5/m for 150GB, $10 for 300 and $15 for 500G
    https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?gid=63

• vimalware said: borg shoutout: feature-rich community fork of Attic - encrypted block level deduplicated backups

Thanks, will check that out

yywudi said: if you mean $5/m for 150GB, $10 for 300 and $15 for 500G

Hum, if that's what @MarkTurner was speaking about, then it's not that interesting...

• HadrielHadriel Member
    edited November 2015

If that is what they have, that is a bummer. For $5 more you can get a fully dedicated from them with 500G.

They are however more priced in line with Scaleway. How the prices compare:

150GB@Scaleway - ~$5.50/m
    300GB@Scaleway - ~$8.50/m
    450GB@Scaleway - ~$12.00/m
    600GB@Scaleway - ~$15.00/m

Even though we don't know what CPU or how many cores you get with Delimiter, you would get more RAM on the lower end plans per dollar and on the high end you get more storage. With Scaleway you also get more transfer if thats your thing.

I guess it would come down to just the CPU Delimiter gives.

• yywudi said: if you mean $5/m for 150GB, $10 for 300 and $15 for 500G https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?gid=63

No, you won't find it on the site. Its not there. I am waiting for the links, then I'll post it.

But its not going to be silly pricing, its actually going to priced to be sustainable which is more critical with storage as you don't want to be having to upload it all to another provider when the product gets cancelled.

The market is littered with providers chopping and changing their offerings when they wake up and find that the prices they charge won't pay the bills.

• Um..Has Delimiter released the links yet?
    Sorry for bumping.