Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS with high storage and low RAM
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS with high storage and low RAM

UnixfyUnixfy Member
edited November 2015 in Requests

I need at least 200GB disk, 512MB RAM, dedicated IPv6 (dedicated IPv4 if possible under my price range, if not then NAT is OK), any amount of CPUs, and any location. Bandwidth should be at least 1TB. I'd like the price to be between $0-$40 per year.

If any providers here can meet those needs, please PM me or reply below :)
And make sure to include what virtualization technology, and what control panel, if possible.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1IgniteServers

Comments

• Time4vps, as usual

• That's way above what my budget is. The price of the VPS I listed above at Time4VPS is $120/year!

• @karatekidmonkey said:
    That's way above what my budget is. The price of the VPS I listed above at Time4VPS is $120/year!

Look under "Storage Servers", first plan is ~$25/yr. No IPv6 though.

Thanked by 1Unixfy
  • Maybe because you need to check storage on the right tab, not their normal offer:

https://www.time4vps.eu/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=2

• If you find something in $0 year please pm me also lol

Thanked by 4sandro cassa ehab Shade
  • On Monday Delimiter will announce its Storage VPS, pricing will be good.

• @Shot2 said:
    Look under "Storage Servers", first plan is ~$25/yr. No IPv6 though.

There is a dedicated IPv4, though, I assume??
    Thanks for that share.

• SpartanHostSpartanHost Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

If you're happy to go a little above your budget to $42/y then our 250gb storage + 512mb RAM + 1 core + 1TB Bandwidth + 1 IPv4 + 16 IPv6 plan in Dallas, Texas would fit your requirements

Coupon: storage30

https://billing.spartanhost.net/cart.php?gid=15

• @MarkTurner said:
    On Monday Delimiter will announce its Storage VPS, pricing will be good.

source?

• sandro said: source?

I work for their parent company, I was advised by one of our directors on Friday :)

Storage offering 1TB - 100TB per VPS

• @MarkTurner said:

Oh wow, that's really good :)
    I wonder how much it'll be...

• @MarkTurner said:

Mark stop offering things that I want. :)

OP I recommend Time4VPS, their 500gb storage VPS is only $26 ruff conversion a year. Not sure where you see the $120 a year for your requirements.

• rickey318rickey318 Member, Host Rep

PM me if paris france would work for you.

• delimiters can provide everything ;) just ask!

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Do you consider 512 mb as low ram indeed?

• UnixfyUnixfy Member
    edited November 2015

@SpartanHost said:
    If you're happy to go a little above your budget to $42/y then our 250gb storage + 512mb RAM + 1 core + 1TB Bandwidth + 1 IPv4 + 16 IPv6 plan in Dallas, Texas would fit your requirements

Coupon: storage30

https://billing.spartanhost.net/cart.php?gid=15

I will have to turn that down, as the specs are too low for the price. Even if it's KVM.

@CFarence said:
    OP I recommend Time4VPS, their 500gb storage VPS is only $26 ruff conversion a year. Not sure where you see the $120 a year for your requirements.

Time4VPS I will definitely consider. > @bohdans said:

MarkTurner https://clients.delimitervps.com/cart.php?gid=67 ?
    $20 a month for 1TB

Not bad, but I'm not paying so much for storage I'm never going to use.

@bersy said:
    https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php XenPower XP-L €36/year

Another good one, however price is a bit too high. I don't need all of those bundled features.

@rickey318 said:
    PM me if paris france would work for you.

Thanks, but no that wouldn't work for me.

@tommy said:
    delimiters can provide everything ;) just ask!

I will :)

Sorry about that long article.

• bohdans said: $20 a month for 1TB

Totally different product, that is object storage, not a storage VPS

• @MarkTurner said:
    Totally different product, that is object storage, not a storage VPS

I contacted Delimiter this morning, and 7 hours later, nothing has happened. I like good support, that's one of my considerations. Maybe Outlook.com is blocking Delimiter mailservers? I never received that email saying that they had gotten the ticket, either.

• MarkTurner said: Totally different product, that is object storage, not a storage VPS

Will be announced later on today?

• @2bb3 said:
    Will be announced later on today?

I'm assuming so..let's hope..

• karatekidmonkey said: I'm assuming so..let's hope..

:)

Not sure they can make anything cheaper than time4vps though but we will see!

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • karatekidmonkey said: I contacted Delimiter this morning, and 7 hours later, nothing has happened.

How did you contact them? Which email?

2bb3 said: Will be announced later on today?

I am just waiting for the order links and the final spec; and I'll copy/paste it here.

2bb3 said: Not sure they can make anything cheaper than time4vps though but we will see!

That pricing isn't actually sustainable/profitable unless you're assuming that the majority of customers are not going to use their space. Its our experience that customers expect to use 100% of these types of spaces.

• @MarkTurner said:
    How did you contact them? Which email?

I used my personal email address, an outlook one. I've messaged it to you.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2015

@2bb3 said:

I recall @time4vps first pricing their 500G NAS on LET at 49.9 Eu/year (edit:yearly, not monthly) .

Sometime nearby, they used to have 8TB NAS packages for 80Eu/m (don't remember if those had annual discounts)

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/1034484/#Comment_1034484

So yeah, current pricing looks like a loss-leader funded from their marketing budget, I guess.

If you love them, do your part and write up your review/experience . Reciprocity is the universal human value. :)

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @vimalware said:
    If you love them, do your part and write up your review/experience . Reciprocity is the universal human value. :)

I won't forget, maybe if I choose them I'll write a review after being with the VPS for a month or so. Right now I'm stuck between 2 VPSs, an offer from ZXPlay and the one from Time4VPS.

• I have two @time4vps : 2tb biennial in October and 500g annual since may.

@time4vps is perfect for encrypted secondary backups. I use the borg backup utility (borg shoutout: feature-rich community fork of Attic - encrypted block level deduplicated backups ) from my Primary pull-backup host : a kimsufi.

Implement the backup 'rule of 3' NOW before you get bitten badly by bad luck.

Thanked by 2time4vps Falzo
  • @vimalware said:
    I have two time4vps : 2tb biennial in October and 500g annual since may.

time4vps is perfect for encrypted secondary backups. I use the borg backup utility (borg shoutout: feature-rich community fork of Attic - encrypted block level deduplicated backups ) from my Primary pull-backup host : a kimsufi.

Implement the backup 'rule of 3' NOW before you get bitten badly by bad luck.

What about primary backups? I backup to a NAS in my house and to Freevirtualserver's cloud. I want to use a T4VPS server as the first backup destination.