Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Denver Colocation - Ideas, Prices? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Denver Colocation - Ideas, Prices?

2»

Comments

• @Kris,

Your setup sounds like what we have implemented.

Zerigo? Using them for geo-balancing? If so too much $$$. Check out Rage4 DNS. That's where we went and it's significantly less and under way more development.

• KrisKris Member
    edited December 2012

@pubcrawler One step below GeoDNS, DNS Plus - 30 domains and a 1 minute TTL allowed. 1 million queries per month, vanity DNS included on every domain - $39/year.

Never had one issue with them. 4 years and 1 location was attacked, all 5 other DNS servers answered fine.

I may check out Rage4 in the future if it's Anycast. Right now the 6 locations Zerigo offers is perfect honestly, and 1 minute TTL's are great for mission critical websites.

Zerigo DNS has always been quite robust and it's a bit more established right now.

I do plan to check out Rage4 as it's more developed. Right now Zerigo has just saved me too many times with low TTL for a quick site migration, no reason to pack up.

Started out with the free plan w/ 3 domains, never looked back.

• Yeah, well with Geo-balancing feature at Zerigo I was into them for $40+ a month.

We'd get strange monthly deviations on queries and asked for some accounting. They provided zippo.

Which sucks since each 1 million queries is like $5 more. It starts to snowball fast.

Rage4 is Anycast. They are real helpful too in debugging funky issues. Works quite well, thus, why you see a number of providers here partnering with them.

• unusedunused Member
    edited December 2012

www.dnsmadeeasy.com the leader in this space (excluding dyn), and not too costly either. Will be interesting to see how rage4 and others compete.

• @pubcrawler said: Rage4 is Anycast.

I might try them, is a trial available? For those using, Is it out of development per se / OK for production usage?

I depend on TTLs of 1 minute for lawyer's websites who I host, who can't go a minute without email / downtime.

So far Zerigo DNS has saved us many a time. Any idea if Anycast is a premium feature / how many AnyCast locations they announce?

Often announces are done within 30-60 seconds across all servers, it's just hard to move away from something so steady. While I don't have Anycast through Zerigo, I pay 39/year for DNS Plus 1 - Includes 6 locations & TTLs of 1 minute + 1 million queries per month + Vanity NS for all domains.

• @Kris, first 250k lookups a month are free on a per domain basis with Rage4.

Unsure about the Anycast locations.

They are on here, make contact and ask away: @gbhouse

• I'll test them out, thanks.