Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Website down? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Website down?

Comments

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

@Zen said: I'm not sure why you don't have your website clustered, that'd avoid situations like these.

I should have done that...and think I might look into it.

Also, I'm not very experienced with clustering and have never done it before. Unless there are services that do it for you?

• KrisKris Member
    edited December 2012
    7. telia.dfw03.atlas.cogentco.c  0.0%    10   22.9  22.9  22.8  23.1   0.1
    8. ash-bb1-link.telia.net        0.0%    10   50.1  50.5  50.1  52.2   0.6
    9. ldn-bb2-link.telia.net        0.0%    10  205.1 135.5 125.4 205.1  25.2
    10. ldn-b5-link.telia.net         0.0%    10  125.4 126.3 125.4 132.6   2.2
    11. ldn-tch-i1-link.telia.net     0.0%    10  125.9 126.4 125.8 127.6   0.6
    12. ldn-tch-i2-link.telia.net     0.0%    10  126.3 129.7 125.9 161.7  11.3
    13. ukdedicated-ic-148645-ldn-tc  0.0%    10  127.6 128.1 127.6 131.2   1.1
    14. bsd1.as48321.net              0.0%    10  130.1 129.9 128.8 131.2   0.8
    15. 78.110.164.194               50.0%    10  142.3 142.9 141.2 146.6   2.1
    16. 78.110.164.197               20.0%    10  146.6 146.2 145.4 146.8   0.6

Shits out at your host-node / VPS on that IP. Machine being attacked?

• @Jack said: @dominicl how much you gonna sell it for this time?

1 week , 2 week?

How long is the Christmas break in schools?

edited December 2012

@Kris said: Shits out at your host-node / VPS on that IP. Machine being attacked?

As far as I know not, it's a cPanel shared server. They're looking into it.

@zhuanyi said: How long is the Christmas break in schools?

3 weeks, and I can guarantee you we'll be open for longer than 100 times that :)

@dominicl said: Also, I'm not very experienced with clustering and have never done it before. Unless there are services that do it for you?

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2012

@zhuanyi said: I guess Christmas break has started right?

At my school yup, for me it's 3 weeks.

@dominicl said: 3 weeks, and I can guarantee you we'll be open for longer than 100 times that :)

So that is 5.7 years, I am going to hold you to that promise. Somehow I know you're just not going to stay open that long..

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Zen said: Everyone's sales are good :)

Tell that to DataShack :P

@mpkossen said: You got KPN (or Telfort) or XS4All? If it's KPN, I would recommend XS4All. They've got native IPv6 and better TV facilities (STBs are better).

Right now we have KPN, yes. Not planning on moving to XS4ALL (too expensive), but going to move to T-Mobile. KPN wasn't my choice, it was already here when I moved in. Horrible horrible connection.

• From that IP schema and route, if it's a shared cPanel server, I think it's a on a VPS server.

@Infinity said: At my school yup, for me it's 3 weeks.

as above ;)

Someone must know about clustering. Are there any services that do it for you? I've never done it before...

@Kris said: From that IP schema and route, if it's a shared cPanel server, I think it's a on a VPS server.

My provider use a Dedicated E5 (I think) node with Xen and have 3 or 4 VPS's for their shared servers running off it.

• Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to www.premiumvm.com

• Google.

• @dominicl said: My provider use a Dedicated E5 (I think) node with Xen and have 3 or 4 VPS's for their shared servers running off it.

One of them's getting attacked.

• @dominicl said: 3 or 4 VPS's for their shared servers running off it.

Soladrive? @_@

@Kris said: One of them's getting attacked.

Looks like that might be the case in which case, it's probably going to be a long time before they shift themselves and do anything about it. If it's anything like the last DDoS they had.

Might look at a cluster-based solution. It seems the safest/best option. How many servers would you recommend in the cluster - 2? 3? 4?

Regards

@NHRoel said: Soladrive? @_@

Yeah, that's who I use..they've been great till now.

• 78.110.164.194 , 195, 196, 197 (you) all experiencing packet loss.

So far the one with the most has been 78.110.164.195, probably the machine that's getting attacked. 70%-90% loss while others are 30-50%

I wouldn't put a hosting site on a shared cPanel server. Nor would I suggest 3-4 servers.

What's wrong with 1 dedicated server, even sitting behind CloudFlare just for basic protection...

Right now your hosting companies website is down because you're hosted on a shared cPanel server, that's on a VPS, and you sell VPS servers.

You can see the Irony.

There is a middle ground between shared cPanel on a VPS / 4 servers in a cluster.

My actual site is .197 as it's on a Dedicated IP. Looks like I'll be moving to a VPS pretty soon then. With CloudFlare.

edited December 2012

@Jack said: That's gonna cost quite a bit for one site

+1. I think a VPS with CloudFlare should do the trick, or possibly 2 VPS's in clustering. Maybe start with 1 and then upgrade to clustering with 2 or 3 later on.

The site is kind of back..but slow..and gone again. So yeah it's up and down.

• @dominicl said: My actual site is .197 as it's on a Dedicated IP. Looks like I'll be moving to a VPS pretty soon then. With CloudFlare.

Your site is down because someone on a shared server, or one of the other VPS's on that host-node are being attacked.

Moving to another VPS isn't preventing this issue.

Even if it's a BHS Kimsufi special, get a dedicated server if you're going to be selling VPS servers.

Having a site where you sell VPS servers hosted on a shared cPanel server is like selling cars at a dealership, while living out your own car, which happens to be your office.

edited December 2012

@Kris said: Even if it's a BHS Kimsufi special, get a dedicated server if you're going to be selling VPS servers.

I suppose that is an option, or an Atom or something. I may do clustering, however as that seems a less expensive option

• @dominicl said: I suppose that is an option, or an Atom or something.

That's what I was referring to, an Atom with 4GB of Ram and 2 TB drive, 119 euros per year, based in BHS (OVH North America)

http://www.kimsufi.com/fr/bons_plans/index.xml

Your server Kimsufi in North America!
    Intel Atom D425 1.8 GHz (512KB cache)
    Architecture 64-bit
    NIC GigaEthernet
    RAM 4 GB
    Disk 2 TB

@Kris - will look at that, thank you. Still considering clustering though.

• @Jack said: @Kris maybe he doesn't have 119 euros to go throw on it?

Not going to be around 12 months?

10 euros per month / 13 dollars.

If you can't spend that towards infrastructure (or as you say, "throw on it") and you're selling servers, you shouldn't be.

Simple as that.

@Jack said: @Kris maybe he doesn't have 119 euros to go throw on it?

I probably could find it. I am guessing quite a lot of hosts on here host their sites on a VPS though

• up for me @ mexico

• @dominicl said: I probably could find it. I am guessing quite a lot of hosts on here host their sites on a VPS though

If you have to explain this outage to your VPS customers, let alone if someone has a dedicated server with you, your site was down because a customer on a shared server you use (or VPS) was attacked, that would be very worrisome.

I'm sure a lot of hosts on here use VPS servers, but probably on their own dedicated hardware.

I suggest to keep things off-site away from your servers incase of network issues, but I don't think many hosts on here run their production sites at the mercy of another provider's customers.

DNS servers, of course... Main sites on a shared server, or even a small VPS? Nah.

• Up for me in Canada.
    But all honesty, your logo makes me cringe.

@Kris said: I suggest to keep things off-site away from your servers

It is. My VPS servers are currently in Chicago, and the shared server is in the UK.

@XtreamServers said: But all honesty, your logo makes me cringe.

this will be changed in the next week