Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a lowendbox for a trial period. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a lowendbox for a trial period.

2»

Comments

• @Nekki said:
    In short, taking your advice would ruin my life. Probably.

It was a joke kinda

• @PremiumN said:
    It was a joke kinda

I'm aware of that. Did it appear I was being serious?

Don't forgot to throw a few $ to @rds100 on the way out for my coffee machine. I've already got one of those Dolce Gusto machines so I'd like a Keurig if possible, ta.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • emgemg Veteran

@retry said:
    I don't believe in investing in something unless I know I will use it.

You are investing in your own education and knowledge.

Many lessons come free. That includes the ones you are learning in this thread.

Others cost money: Paying 2-3 euro for an IPv6 VPS gets you the knowledge that comes from your planned tests. If you find out that you cannot use the VPS, then that is valuable knowledge too. It seems like a very reasonable cost to figure out what you want to know.

If the knowledge is not worth the 2-3 euro to you, then don't spend it and live with not knowing.

By now, it should be clear that your request is impertinent.

Thanked by 2Aga Janevski
  • Someone who's demanding a free vps to test some IRC daemon, and don't want to spend 3$ for this, probably is not someone who doesn't have the money to do it, but someone that do not want to reveal his real id by providing payment details.
    So, requests like OP's, smell fishy to me...

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Nekki said: Did it appear I was being serious?

Well, you are a death hawk holding a shotgun...

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep

Seriously, you could pick 3 euro up of the street if you went in your town centre for an hour.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

@LordSpock said:
    Seriously, you could pick 3 euro up of the street if you went in your town centre for an hour.

You could get more than that in my city (Madrid) but there are countries where 3€ aren't exactly spare change.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@rm_ said:
    3 EUR for a year, such investment, wow

I believe the correct way of saying it is "much wow" if it's a doge reference :P

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @rm_ said:
    3 EUR for a year, such investment, wow

When I buy my cheeseburgers man, that's an investment. And if I don't like the cheeseburger I may even chargeback.

• @CFarence said:
    When I buy my cheeseburgers man, that's an investment. And if I don't like the cheeseburger I may even chargeback.

lel. But didn't have to bring back the thread. :<

• @retry said:
    ratherbak3d Ole_Juul I don't believe in investing in something unless I know I will use it.

I believe you invest for your knowledge to confirm it's usable or useless. Why would you get the providers to pay for your knowledge?

Thanked by 2retry Janevski
  • @elgs said:
    I believe you invest for your knowledge to confirm it's usable or useless. Why would you get the providers to pay for your knowledge?

Ah, sorry if you got the wrong idea. You are right, but I wouldn't mind paying, but I thought I wasn't asking much especially since I mentioned "trial". I mean companies do that all the time, right?
    Also, I try to save every penny I can, 'cause I'm still a 3rd year student, that too for Bachelor's degree.

• jbarrjbarr Member
    edited October 2015

It's all about how you use it. I got a BudgetVZ 1024 VPS for 10 Euros per year, and its been an excellent and reliable learning tool. I've learned so much about Linux in general, shell scripting, and network configuration. Sure it's a waste if you just let it sit, so use it and make the investment work for you, even if it's "just" for education.

Thanked by 2netomx retry
  • retry said: Ah, sorry if you got the wrong idea. You are right, but I wouldn't mind paying, but I thought I wasn't asking much especially since I mentioned "trial". I mean companies do that all the time, right? Also, I try to save every penny I can, 'cause I'm still a 3rd year student, that too for Bachelor's degree.

No, companies don;t do it all the time. Some companies run promos for new products or increase sales, when there is a profit margin.
    LES is not profitable, nor the companies who run it are willing to gain profits from it. It is more something like a give-back to the community, so, you are asking much. I do not believe that "a 3rd year student who's saving... every penny for his bachelor" cannot afford to give 3$ for a whole year to gain access to a box for learning stuff.
    And why a company give you a trial of a box that costs 3$ per year? To... earn a 3$ client if he gets satisfied with the product?
    Your whole post is pathetic...

Thanked by 1Aga
  • jvnadr said: LES is not profitable, nor the companies who run it are willing to gain profits from it.

I believe that when i see certified numbers. Until then what Anthony, Oliver etc. tell is simply BS.

• retry said: I'm still a 3rd year student

If you are a student, you should apply for the GitHub student pack. It gives you enough credits for hosting on Digital Ocean. As others have indicated, you can also get trials on Amazon EC2 and Vultr.

You can always disable your IPv4 address, if you want to test out something on pure IPv6.

Thanked by 2netomx retry
  • retryretry Member
    edited October 2015

@jvnadr said:
    Your whole post is pathetic...

If only you could wrap your brain around "I wouldn't mind paying" part.

• CFarence said: And if I don't like the cheeseburger I may even chargeback.

Ah yes, cheeseburger chargeback. I think I stepped in it.

• retry said: Ah, sorry if you got the wrong idea. You are right, but I wouldn't mind paying, but I thought I wasn't asking much especially since I mentioned "trial". I mean companies do that all the time, right? Also, I try to save every penny I can, 'cause I'm still a 3rd year student, that too for Bachelor's degree.

Do it in the university lab then.

• That's $4 worth of abuse for being cheap. Guess the obvious option is just to part with some cash, now.

• https://kloud51.com

The free trial 256mb.

Thanked by 1retry
  • Also need one, if anyone provide trial for 12 month, please let me know.

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@jvnadr said:
    Someone who's demanding a free vps to test some IRC daemon, and don't want to spend 3$ for this, probably is not someone who doesn't have the money to do it, but someone that do not want to reveal his real id by providing payment details.
    So, requests like OP's, smell fishy to me...

There's a bunch of providers who don't care about the customer's identity, so that's not likely to be the issue.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@joepie91 said:
    There's a bunch of providers who don't care about the customer's identity, so that's not likely to be the issue.

I guess it's perhaps less about what the providers care about, more like money leaves a trail that can lead to revealing the identity ;)

Thanked by 1classy
  • Clouvider said: I guess it's perhaps less about what the providers care about, more like money leaves a trail that can lead to revealing the identity ;)

^^ This

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @joepie91 said:
    Well, that is all rather unnecessarily rude. Please do keep in mind that 3 euro does not have the same value to everybody.

If you don't want to provide what the OP is asking for and you have no reasonable alternative suggestions, you're free to ignore the thread.

I actually agree with this. The initial passive aggression feels quite unnecessary, regardless of the amount of money involved.

I'd be happy to have the OP have a go at a LES VPS given that I know he won't abuse it under my name.

Thanked by 1retry
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Clouvider said: I guess it's perhaps less about what the providers care about, more like money leaves a trail that can lead to revealing the identity ;)

No, not necessarily. These same providers typically accept any of Bitcoin, UKash, PaySafeCard, or cash-in-mail. All of which can be nicely anonymous with a bit of effort.

• mpkossen said: I'd be happy to have the OP have a go at a LES VPS given that I know he won't abuse it under my name.

That's kind of you @mpkossen, but I ended up buying a VPS from VDS6 for 2$, I have just been ignoring the thread actually.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

closed on request

Thanked by 1netomx
This discussion has been closed.