Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a lowendbox for a trial period.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need a lowendbox for a trial period.

Hello,
I'm looking for IPV6 only lowendbox on a trial period, for atleast 1 week. Spec wise, I would need atleast 128MB RAM, virtualization doesn't matter. I'm looking to run an IRC daemon (server) to test its feasibility in IPv6.

Thanks!

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

That's so cheap that you can simply buy it for a month ?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • just buy a vps from lowendspirit. 2-3 euro/year.

• Why are people so tight. What is there to test? That spec would literally cost next to nothing.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Does not accept any new entries.

Many people just wants something for free. Hosting is a service. It's not like the provider magically creates it and it cost him nothing. If you want the service - pay for the service.

LES is dirt cheap for a year.
    There's iwstack and atlantic.net who are also hourly billed.
    And if you have some brain activity recognizing that I've got DO and vultr ref in my signature, well, then you've won the Smartest Person of the Year Award.

Thanked by 1retry
  • €3.00 can buy a lot of gum you know. Hey, it's not like mom's going to up my allowance.

• @ratherbak3d @Ole_Juul I don't believe in investing in something unless I know I will use it.

@GM2015 Will check it out, thanks!

@mosan7763 Thanks, but that's exactly why I need a trial VPS beforehand. LES would be where I'm going if I knew IPv6 only would best fit my purpose.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015
  • retry said: @ratherbak3d @Ole_Juul I don't believe in investing in something unless I know I will use it.

I don't believe in investing in people too cheap to spend a few dollars for their own test server.

So I guess you are stuck in a catch 22.

Good luck.

Cheers!

Thanked by 1singsing
  • retryretry Member
    edited October 2015

@rm_ said:
    3 EUR for a year, such investment, wow

Heh, why don't you buy one for me then? Actually don't answer that.

• GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited October 2015

Man, just move on, use one of the hourly billed providers I mentioned and stop replying before you get more negativity.

retry said: Heh, why don't you buy one for me then? Actually don't answer that.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@retry said:
    ratherbak3d Ole_Juul I don't believe in investing in something unless I know I will use it.

GM2015 Will check it out, thanks!

mosan7763 Thanks, but that's exactly why I need a trial VPS beforehand. LES would be where I'm going if I knew IPv6 only would best fit my purpose.

Need to test something? Virtualbox. It is free!

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

retry said: why don't you buy one for me then?

So not only you're too cheap for 3 EUR/year, you are now begging that someone else pays for you? Wow...

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    So not only you're too cheap for 3 EUR/year, you are now begging that someone else pays for you? Wow...

Nonono pal, you misunderstood... he demands!

• The low end spirit is strong in this one...

• Didn't know this could make people butthurt. :<

Thanked by 1NexHost
  • Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited October 2015

@retry said:
    Hello,
    I'm looking for IPV6 only lowendbox on a trial period, for atleast 1 week. Spec wise, I would need atleast 128MB RAM, virtualization doesn't matter. I'm looking to run an IRC daemon (server) to test its feasibility in IPv6.

Thanks!

Why not register for the IaaS service at Gandi.net ? Anyone can test their hourly-billed IaaS service (Fr / Lux / Baltimore MD) by receiving 30,000 credits for free, they don't expire, no need for CC. By choosing the lowest specs (256 MB RAM, 3 GB HD, 1 CPU, 0 IPv4, 2TB BW) it consumes 70 credits per hour, that's about 17 days on a XenHVM IPv6-only VPS, total costs USD 0.

Thanked by 2retry vimalware
  • AgaAga Member
    edited October 2015

retry said: Didn't know this could make people butthurt. :<

Asking for free stuff sometimes affect people this way.

It doesn't help too much when you asks for something that costs close to nothing for free. Specially when it's something so easy to find by yourself on google.

It's just make the asker looks bad.

• retry said: Didn't know this could make people butthurt. :<

Now you do. :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • See today's not wasted you learned something

Thanked by 2netomx Janevski
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

Well, that is all rather unnecessarily rude. Please do keep in mind that 3 euro does not have the same value to everybody.

If you don't want to provide what the OP is asking for and you have no reasonable alternative suggestions, you're free to ignore the thread.

Thanked by 2retry mpkossen
  • @netomx said:
    Need to test something? Virtualbox. It is free!

But VirtualBox doesn't include a network connection you can abuse for a week!!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • joepie91 said: Please do keep in mind that 3 euro does not have the same value to everybody.

Good point. As an OAP with a limited food budget I too find it difficult to fund my computer addiction. I accept gifts graciously, but don't expect other people to pay my way. However, the fact that I've got a nice place to live and actually am eating, makes me not too badly off in the greater scheme of things. Yes, I could afford to give the OP €3. But I won't - because I find his request rude.

Thanked by 2netomx Janevski
  • joepie91 said: Please do keep in mind that 3 euro does not have the same value to everybody.

You're not wrong, that €3 pays for my morning coffee and it would be a seriously bad day without coffee. I certainly wouldn't pick an LEB over a cup of coffee.

@retry do you need a daily €3 coffee like me? If so I feel your pain.

Thanked by 2Aga NexHost
  • Nekki said: that €3 pays for my morning coffee

That's expensive coffee, Let's make donations and buy a coffee machine for Nekki :)

• rds100 said: That's expensive coffee, Let's make donations and buy a coffee machine for Nekki :)

Hahahahaha @retry no-one will give you a €3/year VPS but LET is going to buy me a coffee machine hahahahahaha

• @Nekki said:
    retry do you need a daily €3 coffee like me? If so I feel your pain.

$3 for morning coffee? I make my own and it costs me a few cents each day. That's 90/mo savings and more than 1K a year. I could afford to buy a good car with that every 10 years :P lol

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Shot2 said: Why not register for the IaaS service at Gandi.net ? that's about 17 days on a XenHVM IPv6-only VPS, total costs USD 0.

17 days? AWS Free Tier gives you a VPS for a whole year, for free. And it's AWS.

Thanked by 2Junkless netomx
  • PremiumN said: $3 for morning coffee? I make my own and it costs me a few cents each day. That's 90/mo savings and more than 1K a year. I could afford to buy a good car with that every 10 years :P lol

1) I can barely get up in time to get to work, let alone get up in time to make coffee
    2) I'd need a to buy another cup by the time I got to work so I'd actually be spending more money
    3) If I bought a car I'd drive to work and not answer emails on the train, so would have to work longer and would therefore need more coffee and would be spending even more money.

In short, taking your advice would ruin my life. Probably.

Thanked by 2perennate Clouvider
This discussion has been closed.