Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feedback & Suggestions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Feedback & Suggestions

Comments

• The link showing which posts of mine have been thanked, is not working. Showing only blank white page.

• @Junkless said:
    The link showing which posts of mine have been thanked, is not working. Showing only blank white page.

Issue with vanilla

mpkossen said: LowEndTalk has just been updated to the latest version of Vanilla. The >copyright notice has been changed as well. Also, the 'Thanked by' page has been >disabled pending a fix for a permission issue.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@HBAndrei said:
    Please!

HBAndrei said: Well, it's almost 2016 now, so if you do change it at least change it to 2016 :D

Victory!!

:D

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • It's not, this means they just hardcoded the year 2016. In 3 years we'll have the same problem. Why is it so difficult to just use date('Y')?

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep
    edited November 2015

@vedran said:
    It's not, this means they just hardcoded the year 2016. In 3 years we'll have the same problem. Why is it so difficult to just use date('Y')?

That will be "future us" problems, let those guys deal with it.

• @vedran said:
    It's not, this means they just hardcoded the year 2016. In 3 years we'll have the same problem. Why is it so difficult to just use date('Y')?

Because I didn't think of that :-)

• @mpkossen said:
    Because I didn't think of that :-)

And because it's not that simple.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

mpkossen said: Please stick to serious and actionable suggestions!

Tell us when and why you sink threads, and mark them as "sunk by mod".

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • GM2015GM2015 Member
    edited November 2015

A Sticky thread of "Do not buy from these hosts!". It should be locked and edited by mods/admins only every period you want. It could incorporate some/all of the dead pool by Bruce(or who) and could be open to suggestions every month/3 months/whenever.

Not sure how you could keep it objective with Colocrossing owning this forum anyway, but blacklisting Nuggets and Thomas Dale like people would be beneficial to some people.

Also, banned people/providers should have their ads taken down whether they've still got days paid or not. That's one way to say banning crap hosts doesn't really matter.

• GM2015 said: Not sure how you could keep it objective with Colocrossing owning this forum anyway, but blacklisting Nuggets and Thomas Dale like people would be beneficial to some people.

They both have been banned from LowEndTalk and from having their offers listed on LowEndBox.

GM2015 said: Also, banned people/providers should have their ads taken down whether they've still got days paid or not. That's one way to say banning crap hosts doesn't really matter.

That is outside my area of influence, but I doubt this is possible from a legal point of view (practicalities aside...). Let's just hope that the fact that these people are banned, combined with all the negative feedback, is enough warning.

GM2015 said: A Sticky thread of "Do not buy from these hosts!". It should be locked and edited by mods/admins only every period you want. It could incorporate some/all of the dead pool by Bruce(or who) and could be open to suggestions every month/3 months/whenever.

I like this idea, but mostly for those we ban (like GVH and Hostress). Those who deadpool shouldn't have to be listed as they have, well, deadpooled.

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • mpkossen said: That's been disabled on purpose as that page was not checking permissions (and it wasn't easy to fix it). We will fix it eventually but the focus is going to be on LEB for the next couple of weeks, so I'm afraid you will have to do without that page for a while.

I am sorry, but I have just found out that I cannot live well without access to that page. Is there any chance that you change the eventually to a clear soon so that I can regain the will to wake up in the morning?

• smalletsmallet Member
    edited November 2015

Hmm. Profile pictures, in the profile screen, look like shit (more than normal) after the recent update.

Ex:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/3071/mpkossen - nice blob of a face :)

I am viewing from mobile, dunno about desktop.

• @smallet said:
    Hmm. Profile pictures, in the profile screen, look like shit (more than normal) after the recent update.

Ex:
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/3071/mpkossen - nice blob of a face :)

I am viewing from mobile, dunno about desktop.

It seems like when vanilla embeds the url for gravatar its putting an old image url. Gravatar is redirecting the request to the new url format (You can see it in chromes network tab in developer tools) but the ?amp; in the original request screws up the get parameters that are requesting a 250x250 image size. Instead gravatar is returning the default 80x80 image and it gets stretched, making it look like crap.

• too much sticky announcements, hard to see threads on mobiles.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited November 2015

Is it me, or is the view thanks page broken?

Edit: @Ishaq, didn't see that, so thanks for the heads up.

• @FlamesRunner

This has been asked above 2 times already. It has been disabled due to a permissions flaw.

• Agreed with @namhuy... less announcements would make it a good deal more mobile-friendly. Maybe at least un-announce the old locked feedback thread?

• When are we getting the new blue favicon on LEB?

• If you login in mobile the sticky threads will be gone after you un-sticky them on desktop.

• It seems the search function is currently broken. Receiving a forbidden error during all searches.

• Use google blahblah site:lowendtalk.com

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited November 2015

ServerObsessed said: It seems the search function is currently broken. Receiving a forbidden error during all searches.

See here

jbiloh said: Search is disabled currently because it is routinely used as part of attacks to take the site down.

They should just replace it with the "site:lowendtalk.com $searchterm" google search.

• Can we have something to hide posts? I think with all the sticky posts I don't read the relevant threads anymore, so an option to hide the sticky posts would be great.

• @donglong said:
    Can we have something to hide posts? I think with all the sticky posts I don't read the relevant threads anymore, so an option to hide the sticky posts would be great.

On homepage, hover your mouse around the sticky post link until you see gear-like settings button.

• Better rules for reviews. The current rules are bad.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@donglong said:
    Better rules for reviews. The current rules are bad.

Better writing from the users who writes reviews, the current writers are bad ... ;)

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • @mikho said:

No, the rules are stupid and too simple. If you just have to provide proof that you are a customer of a provider, you can simply write "Provider X is good" and include a picture.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@donglong said:
    No, the rules are stupid and too simple. If you just have to provide proof that you are a customer of a provider, you can simply write "Provider X is good" and include a picture.

In that case, give some examples of what you would like to include in the rules.... it is a crap response to scream for change without hint on what to change it to.

• mikho said: In that case, give some examples of what you would like to include in the rules.... it is a crap response to scream for change without hint on what to change it to.

I'm currently writing an essay on how to write reviews. It's now 9 pages long already. I will publish it once I'm done.

• donglong said: I'm currently writing an essay on how to write reviews. It's now 9 pages long already. I will publish it once I'm done.

Please don't, we've all got more important things to do with our lives than read 9 fucking pages on how to write a review, and I'm sure you've got more important things to do with your life than finish it.

Delete the file, go get a beer.