Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why LeaseWeb required an initial deposit of $1250 to process your order.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Why LeaseWeb required an initial deposit of $1250 to process your order.

Because the user from China? Why? ethnic discrimination?

Comments

• Probably for a guarantee

• @joodle said:
    Probably for a guarantee

For any user? or only Chinese?

• qibinghua said: For any user? or only Chinese?

A few years ago Indonesian have had a hard time dealing with international trade due to too many carding fraud. So it's just about risk management each company applied.

• They did not ask me to put in any deposit before approving my order.

• As far as I know it's just for China.

• @qibinghua said:
    ethnic discrimination?

I triple check and closely monitor clients from asian countries and sometimes straight up refund/block because of the high abuse rates.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I was expecting this thread today

Thanked by 2vimalware Amitz
  • @Jonchun said:
    I triple check and closely monitor clients from asian countries and sometimes straight up refund/block because of the high abuse rates.

I am a law abiding citizen

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited October 2015

@qibinghua said:
    I am a law abiding citizen

I'm sure you are, but loads of people from your country sadly are not, which forces providers to do stuff like this.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited October 2015

qibinghua said: I am a law abiding citizen

That's what we all say.

• @qibinghua It is sad, but the abuse (not only for providers) is very high from China... A lot of European ot US web sites automatically block any traffic comming from China or some other high risk countries.
    In my site, the brute force tries from china's ips are 8 times higher than in any other countries.

• @drazilox said:
    I'm sure you are, but loads of people from your country sadly are not, which forces providers to do stuff like this.

Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

Thanked by 1vRozenSch00n
  • @Lee said:
    That's what we all say.

I am not only say

• @jvnadr said:
    qibinghua It is sad, but the abuse (not only for providers) is very high from China... A lot of European ot US web sites automatically block any traffic comming from China or some other high risk countries.
    In my site, the brute force tries from china's ips are 8 times higher than in any other countries.

Very sadly!

• I empathize with the good chinese netizens who don't want anything to do with the bad apples.

I was surprised when my order with Indian address was accepted. I'd held off on wasting time with Leaseweb support for NL/DE/US offers, when those reports of deposit requirements, had emerged in August.

• LeeLee Veteran

qibinghua said: Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

I disagree but lets see your evidence to back that up and we can discuss.

• @vimalware said:
    I empathize with the good chinese netizens who don't want anything to do with the bad apples.

I was surprised when my order with Indian address was accepted. I'd held off on wasting time with Leaseweb support for NL/DE/US offers, when those reports of deposit requirements, had emerged in August.

Indian address???? no phone verification?

• @Lee said:
    I disagree but lets see your evidence to back that up and we can discuss.

Do not see bad point.
    In China,that is a saying:Not the old man gone bad, but the bad guys getting old.

• LeeLee Veteran

qibinghua said: Do not see bad point. In China,that is a saying:Not the old man gone bad, but the bad guys getting old.

Thought so, you have no idea.

Thanked by 2Issam2204 raindog308
  • qibinghua said: Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

The thing with China is that the population is ~1,4 billion and the rules are stricted for the inside, not outside the Great Firewall. Means that Chinese government is obviously not care if their netizen are doing attacks to foreign ip's, as long as they do not brake the censorship or rules about attacking china's ips.
    And there are limited actions a foreign company can do for fraud tactics of Chinese clients, inside China...

• qibinghua said: Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

Yep, sure changed, the spam rates are up like 1000%, the botnets like 5000% and now there are also funky DDoS attacks by redirecting Chinese website viewers/users (which, i have to admit, is a pretty neat thing your gov made there, essentially leveraging free ressources). Don't even get me started on all the damn portscanners coming from CT ranges.

Thanked by 2Shade inthecloudblog
  • Haha raise funds No interest
    A joke

• ru_tldru_tld Member, Host Rep

LeaseWeb had security issues with orders from China few years ago.
    A group of customers from China has been constantly ordering large amount of servers for DDoS activity. This was some kind of government agency which used their servers to shut down dissident websites.

So I think they are just taking precautions to lower abuse risk.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

ru_tld said: This was some kind of government agency which used their servers to shut down dissident websites.

eh... what?

Why would the Chinese gov rent like 100x1Gbit boxes from Leaseweb when (state owned) CT has a like 3Tbps backbone? To diversify power? Or leave less traces (how did LW trace it then to gov?)?

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

qibinghua said: ethnic discrimination?

No such thin or what do you call when almost all order from china or Indonesia are fraud? ethnic abuse to specific company?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • In the past few months police force in Indonesia arrested tenth to hundred Chinese citizens in several major cities for international IT fraud and blackmailing.

They use proxy servers, and the nearest location to a high band width in SEA is Singapore.

Just some facts.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

qibinghua said: Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

My CSF disagrees with you.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

@qibinghua said:
    Chinese has changed. it is not like a few years ago.

I'm sorry but the long list of Chinese and Vietnamese IPs in my IP Tables are calling you a liar.

• fkjfkj Member
    edited October 2015

@agoldenberg said:
    I'm sorry but the long list of Chinese and Vietnamese IPs in my IP Tables are calling you a liar.

I got nearly half a million SPAM comments writen in Japanese every week, should I consider those Japanese people who are trying to post regular comments as spammer? Should I move their comments to trash simply because of those SPAM-written-in-Japanese?