Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hackintosh vs mac (OSX) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hackintosh vs mac (OSX)

124»

Comments

• Frecyboy said: Also, I don't know what was in @Williams image with regard to additional kexts for power management etc?

Nothing, my images are raw output of unibeast.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

elwebmaster said: not many people want a desktop Mac second-hand.

The flaw in your analysis is that refurbished iMacs and Minis sell out almost immediately on apple.com.

More anecdotally, there is a robust second hand market on Craigslist and the like. LOTS of people want Macs, particularly in the ecosystem's traditional strengths.

Lee said: Friends stop when the dictionary links come out.

Oh sweet jesus, yes. There is nothing so lame as quoting the dictionary in an attempt to win an argument.

Lee said: I now know more mac owners than PC.

I'd say in the last five years, about 80% of people I know have moved to Mac. Of course, most of those people are devs/techs who are on laptops...the only people who haven't moved are business dufi for whom a laptop is just a Outlook booter and poor bastards who have to develop .NET apps for a living.

While I still have a soft spot in my heart for taking a pile of components and putting together a desktop, for laptops, the PC market has sunk to such epic depths of crappery that no one wants a Windows laptop any more. I sure don't.