Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wable Review - Good(GREAT!)/Bad/Ugly - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wable Review - Good(GREAT!)/Bad/Ugly

2»

Comments

• SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member
    edited October 2015

5,000+ customers, less than 5 ever terminated (and usually illegal content or stolen card, etc), rock solid service :-). We have penalties for spammers in our TOS to ward off spammers. Have you ever heard anyone complaining of being charged them though? Nope.

Thanks for the review and your business. :-)

• I've used wable several months and ended it last month. The service was ok in general. But the network performance is not so good from my end to the server. It may be caused by my isp. Can't blame wable.

I also didn't know before the purchase that there are fees for backups. My charges for backups which were relatively very small since I stored very few on the server.

Can't say too much negative on wable. They don't have lowest price among all low end services here. They don't have too bad service. They do have a special feature to sell products in bundle. Customers can allocate the resources in the bundle and create multiple vps servers by users.

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • @Incero said:
    5,000+ customers, less than 5 ever terminated (and usually illegal content or stolen card, etc), rock solid service :-). We have penalties for spammers in our TOS to ward off spammers. Have you ever heard anyone complaining of being charged them though? Nope.

Thanks for the review and your business. :-)

You are welcome. It is a unique service with a cool setup. I think it will be ideal for an interesting slice of the vps market. Your 5k users proves that. I was a little sorry to hit delete.

I wouldn't even run a mail server on the instance. If there was anything like sendmail on it it gets deleted.

The point in the TOS didn't seem at all scary until the extra charges for backups started rolling in.

Then I wonder... someone with access to my bank account is beginning to charge me more than we agreed upon. Whoa. What's next?

Check in here... read the "refund" story, and yeah... I'm out. Seas too choppy for my little boat.

Thanks for the service.

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM MikePT
  • I don't get it why people act as this company, it's owner and workers personal guard.
    Leave op alone . he is doing a non biased review which seems like certain people don't like.

• smalletsmallet Member
    edited October 2015

cAPSLOCK said: I wouldn't even run a mail server on the instance. If there was anything like sendmail on it it gets deleted.

Sigh. I am pretty happy with wable, but I feel so needlessly anxious running a mail server on it. Their TOS line regarding spam is pretty scary.

I changed my SMTP incoming port to a random 1000+ port (all my mail is received by Gmail servers, which gets re-transmitted) and routing all outgoing emails through external SMTP server.

• sirmbhesirmbhe Member
    edited October 2015

@tarek4web said:

it is shit

Confirm on that, based on my personal experience. I have a VPS with them a while ago, which is in use for quite a heavy traffic website. I see that the CPU usage are steadily increase, and also disk io are start to decrease also in overall performance.

I open a ticket, to ask if it was from my vps and ask about suggestion of what should I do, or something like that. Their supprort promptly answered that it is not a problem. I ask again to make sure, and he saya it is okay.

Few days later my VPS are suspended because my VM are affecting the node performance. Quite many ticket (and non are useful responseresponse btw) they ask me to leave them unless I upgrade my VPS plan. On note : at that time, that heavy traffic website is already moved into another server and the server are basically idle. I dont know why, but they threaten to closed my account if I don't upgrade immediately.

I ask an explanation, why should I upgrade while the VPS at that time are idle? And why they blame me, when I notice that there will be a problem and they said confidently that there will be no problem.

In the end, they shut down my account after I asking my last question. It still has about 2-3 days before next billing period.

Tl;Dr - shit company : true.

F****u*****c*******kk them (oops broken censor)

• @sirmbhe said:

now you feel regret my bro??

i told you before this happen..

come and join me with drserver :p

• @Ndha said:
    come and join me with drserver :pp

Haha bagusan Andrej & dr server kemana mana bro. Parah.

• WilliamWilliam Member
    edited October 2015

Nekki said: Who for then? You said yourself you you'd already seen the same thing posted here, and your story is no different except for some reason you just assumed Gordon would chuck you out and you ran first.

So? There are also like 10 buyvm reviews here, 3+ edis and lots of 2+ of other ISPs. He is fine to post whatever review he wants.

Incero said: We have penalties for spammers in our TOS to ward off spammers. Have you ever heard anyone complaining of being charged them though? Nope.

You think any spammer will really pay that fee? You live in a dream world....

cAPSLOCK said: Then I wonder... someone with access to my bank account is beginning to charge me more than we agreed upon. Whoa. What's next?

In US this might even be legal, if you do this kind of stuff in EU you have extremely serious problems.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • 4n0nx4n0nx Member
    edited October 2015

sirmbhe said: In the end, they shut down my account after I asking my last question. It still has about 2-3 days before next billing period.

-

Incero said: , less than 5 ever terminated (and usually illegal content or stolen card, etc),

• @4n0nx said:

Incero said: , less than 5 ever terminated (and usually illegal content or stolen card, etc),

Surely that's not the reason why they shut me down.

• ssst. don't complain they have thousand of client ;)

just believe in them, and you'll have heart attack when that sh** come.