Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial) - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial)

13»

Comments

• if {'bank balance' 'less than' '9999999999999999999999'
    then 'add balance' 'bank balance' '9999999999999999999999'
    else
    echo 'Youre shit out of luck'}

such poor hippie programming(php6.9)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@deadbeef said:
    You're an imbecile because you attacked the person while you are in no position to judge his work, as it was clear and which you have now admitted. You just thought you would be cool to bash him and that's moronic, to say the least. So take your pseudo-macho ass somewhere where kids fall for this crap.

I never said that I was trying to act "cool," did I?

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@doghouch said:
    I never said that I was trying to act "cool," did I?

If you had to say, it would have been more than pathetic.

• edited October 2015

thank you guys.. i plan to stick with "installation(s)" wording.

• pcfreak30pcfreak30 Member
    edited October 2015

The best format for that install code is

<?php
    if($installs >= 2 || $installs == 0 || $installs <= -2) {
    $word = 'Installations'; // plural
    } else {
    $word = 'Installation'; // singular tense as the number one is only one "thing"
    }

echo $installs .' '. $word .'!';
    ?>

or

<?php
    echo $installs .'  'Installation'. (($installs >= 2 || $installs == 0 || $installs <= -2) ? 's' : '').'!';
    ?>

btw @whop, despite all the hate your getting I think you are having something unique to a nitch market. I would possibly use this myself over vesta if the pricing were different. The development costs may be high, but the business model isn't good for the pricing.

The big thing for you is the nginx/php and control.

One thing I do ask is that you have a 3rd party audit code. For security and just personal freelance experience that workers in the middle east have sub-par craftsman ship. No offense intended, but thats only based on what I have come across.

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • edited October 2015

@pcfreak30 said:
    The best format for that install code is

<?php
    > if($installs >= 2 || $installs == 0 || $installs <= -2) {
    > $word = 'Installations'; // plural
    > } else {
    > $word = 'Installation'; // singular tense as the number one is only one "thing"
    > }
    > 
    > echo $installs .' '. $word .'!';
    > ?>

or

<?php
    > echo $installs .'  'Installation'. (($installs >= 2 || $installs == 0 || $installs <= -2) ? 's' : '').'!';
    > ?>

btw whop, despite all the hate your getting I think you are having something unique to a nitch market. I would possibly use this myself over vesta if the pricing were different. The development costs may be high, but the business model isn't good for the pricing.

The big thing for you is the nginx/php and control.

One thing I do ask is that you have a 3rd party audit code. For security and just personal freelance experience that workers in the middle east have sub-par craftsman ship. No offense intended, but thats only based on what I have come across.

Thank you @pcfreak30 for your support. I never see it as hatred. I look it as advise to improve what i already had.

We will revise back our pricing. But as i said before, this is not even my thread. No promotion was made in here.

Code is available online. If you ever feel insecure you could look at it. The thing is we did not want to raise any money from VC or from other source. So, we have no money at all.

WHoP was originally built to make it open source. But if I make it open source, project will just go like that. if there is an improvement, there will be an improvement. If there is not, then no update at all. For example the current open source panel. Why would people still buying commercial panel (cPanel/plesk/etc) if current open source panel is really good. Yes, i understand that some of it is really good (virtualmin/vestacp/ajenti/cwp/etc). I am a fan of open source too. Even the software that ship with WHoP is an open source product.

By making it commercially available, we could hire powerful programmer and even better security auditor. And even better, we could hire english native speaker to fix our wording. It is about give and take instead of for personal gain.

Back to the question why did i built this panel on my own is that i tried most of the panel and i find it lacks of something called simplicity. I want a panel that just work, not where if have to fix something just to install the panel or even break after the update (might happen to WHoP too). I tried WHM/cPanel on my server but i did not understand much about the setting (maybe I am just a complete noob).

What WHoP is serving is where you install WHoP, it will just run without you need to set anything. It will automatically optimize your setting based on your server resources. What you need to focus is just running your web application not where you have to google what is the best value of certain service for your server resources.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1vpsGOD
  • @whop said:
    Thank you.

May I recommend then looking at a service based model for management and/or support? Keep open source but paid consulting/support. Worked well it seems for many projects.

• @pcfreak30 said:
    May I recommend then looking at a service based model for management and/or support? Keep open source but paid consulting/support. Worked well it seems for many projects.

why not paid but with cunsulting/support?

• @whop said:
    why not paid but with cunsulting/support?

Doesn't make sense. You charge for software and bundle support, or you keep it on github and focus on enterprise/business support/dev. Having it open source gives better code review thus trust as well.

• @pcfreak30 said:
    Doesn't make sense. You charge for software and bundle support, or you keep it on github and focus on enterprise/business support/dev. Having it open source gives better code review thus trust as well.

Well, I don't really agree with the trust part. Many programs/software on the web such as WHMCS are encrypted, yet companies still trust and rely on the software to operate. On the side note: the panel looks pretty decent @whop. Sorry for bombing your thread though :/

• @doghouch said:
    Well, I don't really agree with the trust part. Many programs/software on the web such as WHMCS are encrypted, yet companies still trust and rely on the software to operate. On the side note: the panel looks pretty decent whop. Sorry for bombing your thread though :/

Drama started and ended by the same member. Kudos.

• @doghouch said:
    Well, I don't really agree with the trust part. Many programs/software on the web such as WHMCS are encrypted, yet companies still trust and rely on the software to operate. On the side note: the panel looks pretty decent whop. Sorry for bombing your thread though :/

@doghouch no problem and thank you.