Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHoP - a new web hosting panel (commercial but got free trial)

Comments

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@cassa said:
    That english though

Those idiots don't know how to use simple PHP functions or stink at using proper English. It is essential to running a reputable company, am I right?

<?php
    $installs = 5;
    if($installs >= 2) {
    $word = 'Installations'; // plural
    } else {
    $word = 'Installation'; // singular tense as the number one is only one "thing"
    }

echo ''. $installs .' '. $word .'!';
    ?> 

Result = PHP figures if it should be be plural (it will echo "1 Installation" or "Installations" if there are more than one). Wasn't that easy?

I thought that the developers would at least be able to do that (or speak proper English and stick "(s)" in front of the word "install" for that matter) ._.

EDIT: Fixed version below @HBAndrei's comment :P

Thanked by 2cassa lukesUbuntu
  • HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@doghouch said:

You forgot the case for zero installations :D
    (that is if you want it to be truly complete and usable in any scenario)

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited October 2015

@HBAndrei said:
    (that is if you want it to be truly complete and usable in any scenario)

Be that way (I didn't check the code afaik so don't judge me) :P

Crappy, normal version:

<?php
    $installs = 3;

if($installs >= 2) {
    } elseif ($installs == '0') {
    $word = 'Installations'; // in case that someone wants your code to be perfect
    } else {
    }

?> 

A more awesome, updated version:

<?php
    $installs = -1;

if($installs >= 2) {
    } elseif ($installs == '0') {
    $word = 'Installations';
    } elseif ($installs <= -2) {
    $word = 'Installations';
    } elseif ($installs == -1) {
    $word = 'Installations... OR UNLIMITED??? I CALL HAX BATMAN!!!';
    } else {
    }

?>

Anyway, let's get back on-topic :p

Thanked by 1cassa
  • Has the panel been security audited?

• @TheOnlyDK said:
    I wonder how people all the sudden know that someone posted something on LET about them and then immediately register an account over here. Unless the OP is related.. Or OP told them so.

I was going to tell him after I view this thread again today. But since he is already here, then no need for me to do so.

Not related, I'm in the event where @whop showcase his product and I find it interesting to shared it out to you guys.

• deadbeefdeadbeef Member
    edited October 2015

@doghouch said:
    I thought that the developers would at least be able to do that (or speak proper English and stick "(s)" in front of the word "install" for that matter) ._.

a) Why the f*ck would a developer need to speak proper English you racist pig?

b) If we're going to be anal about code style, your own code stinks from noobness. What kind of an imbecile would stack 5 cases using ifs instead of utilizing switch? And where's the freaking indentation? Let me guess, you've never used a static code analyzer in your miserable coding life.

• @deadbeef said:
    b) If we're going to be anal about code style, your own code sticks from noobness. What kind of an imbecile would stack 5 cases using ifs instead of utilizing switch? And where's the freaking indentation? Let me guess, you've never used a static code analyzer in your miserable coding life.

Better question is, why the fuck waste so space coding when you can fix it by typing installation(s)?

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

WHoP have no support for IPv6

In 2015?

• @charlie said:
    In 2015?

Not yet. We do not have any ISP that utilize IPv6 yet in our country. And by that, how am i suppose to test if it is work

• @whop said:
    Not yet. We do not have any ISP that utilize IPv6 yet in our country. And by that, how am i suppose to test if it is work

https://tunnelbroker.net

Thanked by 1runcloud_fikri
  • @SwiftCloudVPS said:
    no actual picture of the product.. who would buy such a product..

This is not production ready yet and we still building our website

• @HBAndrei said:
    No offense whop but your pricing is all wrong, from a business point of view.

You're new on the market (or will be when you launch) but your price is as high as cPanel which is known/trusted/feature-packed/secured/supported/etc.

I get that you're not trying to replace/take-over cPanel, but who would go with your panel when they can (for the same price) go with cPanel?

We have coupon btw which is not yet release to the public. And this is not even my thread to put everything in here. I will make my own thread when the time has come.

• Sorry but I am not going to answer any other questions after this. I will open up my own thread later. Thank you for all those suggestions. If you have any more suggestion(s), please leave a reply.

Thank you

• whop said: We do not have any ISP that utilize IPv6 yet in our country.

All unifi / streamyx packages from TM, malaysia offers native ipv6 for all broadband connections for 2 years+ now. Time to validate your facts..

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

As for the installation/installations thing - localization is hard. It's not really fair to criticize people for that alone.

@whop One question: can users look at and audit the source code themselves, or is it encoded with something like Ioncube?

• edited October 2015

@upfreak said:

All unifi / streamyx packages from TM, malaysia offers native ipv6 for all broadband connections for 2 years+ now. Time to validate your facts..

oops.. sorry.. thanks for the corrections..

@joepie91 said:
    As for the installation/installations thing - localization is hard. It's not really fair to criticize people for that alone.

whop One question: can users look at and audit the source code themselves, or is it encoded with something like Ioncube?

it is not encoded to make the execution fast. We are not native english speaker, thank you for your support. But we are going to consult with someone who is good in english to correct it for us.

• @whop good job. Sincerely hope this will be a success. Semoga berjaya.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited October 2015

deadbeef said: b) If we're going to be anal about code style, your own code stinks from noobness. What kind of an imbecile would stack 5 cases using ifs instead of utilizing switch? And where's the freaking indentation? Let me guess, you've never used a static code analyzer in your miserable coding life.

Nah, ternary operator one-liner is the best way.

$word = ($installs >= 2 || $installs == 0 || $installs <= -2 ? 'Installations' : ($installs == -1 ? 'Installations... OR UNLIMITED??? I CALL HAX BATMAN!!!' : 'Installation'));

It couldn't get much easier to read than that.

In a bit of seriousness, what is with that echo? You should be using prinf.

printf('%d %s!', $installs, $word);

• @drazilox said:

What's wrong with echo?

• @Jonchun said:

Absolutely nothing.

• Jonchun said: What's wrong with echo?

Yeah, nothing, but in my opinion

printf('%d %s!', $installs, $word); (or even echo sprintf('%d %s!', $installs, $word);)

looks nicer than

Thanked by 1Junkless
  • @drazilox said:

echo $installs.' '.$word.'!';

looks nicer to me. What if there were more than just 2 variables? The C syntax adds unnecessary complexity. Why have 2N variables when you can just concatenate N variables into your string?

• @Jonchun said:
    looks nicer to me. What if there were more than just 2 variables? The C syntax adds unnecessary complexity. Why have 2N variables when you can just concatenate N variables into your string?

As far as I know, you can give printf/sprintf any amount of values, atleast more than two.

In my opinion, printf looks a lot better, versus all the dots and apostrophes.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited October 2015

@drazilox said:
    In my opinion, printf looks a lot better, versus all the dots and apostrophes.

What I meant is that printf looks worse once you start having more than a couple variables.

While not recommended, if you don't like those dots and apostrophes, you could also use the double quoted echo

echo "$installs $word!";

• cjdcjd Member

This sounds like a really interesting panel - especially SSH for each account if that works properly and is actually secure. CPanel doesn't even offer this does it?

Off topic:

$word = 'Installs';
    if($installs === 0){ $word = 'Install'; }

• AmitzAmitz Member
    edited October 2015

My cPanel/WHM offers jailed ssh access for user accounts. Or what do you mean?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • @deadbeef said:
    b) If we're going to be anal about code style, your own code stinks from noobness. What kind of an imbecile would stack 5 cases using ifs instead of utilizing switch? And where's the freaking indentation? Let me guess, you've never used a static code analyzer in your miserable coding life.

I never said that I was good at coding. You can search the entire forums, even attempt to search Google and it's entirety, but you will never find a statement of me EVER stating that I was a good coder. It was to prove a simple point, and you obviously didn't get that.

If you don't like the "noobness" of the code, read the statement above. I am an "imbecile" because you don't like the code; this is your opinion to get angered over. I suggest that you go take a few beers and relax. You don't have to get f*cking pissed over the fact that I didn't do a good job writing the code and it still doesn't mean that the point doesn't go through. Simple.

• HBAndreiHBAndrei Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I just love it how the guy designed a panel, incomplete as it may be, and yet everyone is discussing the (literally) most insignificant text on his website :D

I like this place.

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider
    edited October 2015

@Jonchun said:
    echo "$installs $word!";

You'd want to use the braced variant instead.

echo "{$installs} {$word}"

This prevents syntax edge cases.

• @doghouch said:
    If you don't like the "noobness" of the code, read the statement above. I am an "imbecile" because you don't like the code;

You're an imbecile because you attacked the person while you are in no position to judge his work, as it was clear and which you have now admitted. You just thought you would be cool to bash him and that's moronic, to say the least. So take your pseudo-macho ass somewhere where kids fall for this crap.