Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

mxroute joke review fails on delivery - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

mxroute joke review fails on delivery

2»

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited October 2015

@Gunter said:
    Most of this thread is true and I still recommend it for most people, but the spam filtering capacity is just absolutely terrible. I get 80 spam emails everyday in my inbox, and the baynesian spam filter just isn't working :(

Anyone have a solution?

Move the spam to a separate folder, open a ticket giving me permission to read email in that folder (and tell me where it is) and I'll handle the rest.

Keep in mind that my spam filter is already too much for most people, I've had to resort to whitelisting major services to prevent false positives because of how strong they are. So if you're getting that many every day, you're an above average target for some reason.

I do not rely on automation with new spam trends. The best filter is the human brain and filters made by a person actually creating them from real, solid examples. Bayesian filtering is worthless in the latest spam trends.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

On the contrary, I find this post was rather a pleasant surprise. I was expecting drama and instead got a good laugh! @MrGeneral no harm no fowl. In fact... I will be purchasing from Mxroute after this 'review' :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

risharde said: On the contrary, I find this post was rather a pleasant surprise. I was expecting drama and instead got a good laugh! @MrGeneral no harm no fowl. In fact... I will be purchasing from Mxroute after this 'review' :)

Thank you! And am happy to know I made you laugh!

Feel free to order it, until now, I'm a very, very satisfied client and Jar's support is unbeatable.

Thanked by 1risharde
  • haha

• Sometimes I'm tempted to buy a gvh type of domain just to start a crap service.

• Should i create another thread now to say how much i am offended to hold an mxroute account with "unlimited" domains/bandwidth/space for $5/yr..

Thanked by 3jar MikePT cassa

upfreak said: space

I should really set second level quotas. Just don't want to restart the container. Meh, no one is nearing their disk allocation anyway :)

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @Jar said: Keep in mind that my spam filter is already too much for most people, I've had to resort to whitelisting major services to prevent false positives because of how strong they are (…)

Yep, exactly right. My only complaint is that a few of my clients and partners complain their email sent to me at MXroute is being bounced. This is likely due to their MX misconfig, but that's no consolation when business is lost at your end.

edited October 2015

@aglodek said:
    Yep, exactly right. My only complaint is that a few of my clients and partners complain their email sent to me at MXroute is being bounced. This is likely due to their MX misconfig, but that's no consolation when business is lost at your end.

Always happy to look into this too. Now if their server is just doing something really really wrong I think it's good they get bounced, just because as a general rule you don't let things through lack wrong PTR, etc, but I'm happy to review each case :)

Also happy to discuss more dedicated packages for people who need to be able to declare the rules for the server to fit their needs, as opposed to sharing a rule set that is tailored to everyone.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • It would be better to use another title. Many people will just read the title and not the content

@jcaleb said:
    It would be better to use another title. Many people will just read the title and not the content

Honestly I encourage it, I never see MXroute being huge, just steady and taking care of its own ;)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • I read the title earlier at work and said I have to read that later, what can you say about MXRoute that is bad.

Thanked by 1jar
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I can definitely get the title changed. Don't hurt it to hurt @Jar's business.

@mikho please edit it, to something funny? :P

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

How about "mxroute joke review fails on delivery" ???

see the pun? fails on delivery ......

• Add to 9. They support unlimited domains. What ze fck? Usually I want to pay $10/y per domain. Now I'm saving monies

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • When I've seen the new title, I thought it was a new thread by mrgeneral again about mxroute.

mikho said: How about "mxroute joke review fails on delivery" ???

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • @mikho said:
    mxroute joke review fails

Not too sure what you were expecting from a mrgeneral thread...

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Jar said: Honestly I encourage it, I never see MXroute being huge, just steady and taking care of its own ;)

Such a horrible service don't deserve to be huge

Thanked by 2jar Jonchun
  • @Jar, any chance of a Columbus Day special signup plan?

@B1g4 said:
    Jar, any chance of a Columbus Day special signup plan?

50% off promo in the offer forum ;)

Thanked by 2B1g4 VPNsh
  • @Jar said:
    50% off promo in the offer forum ;)

Thanks! Just signed up.

Thanked by 1jar
  • blackblack Member
    edited October 2015

Reading these comments makes me think of

Thanked by 1jar