Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's here. Proxmox 4.0 FINAL - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's here. Proxmox 4.0 FINAL

2»

Comments

• Only think not mentioned is the 4.2 kernel do rebootles updates as Vanila Kernel promises

I converted dev node yesterday (I run another dev node with beta2 for 26 days )

let it run and then will decide when to convert production VMs

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • A question to the experienced insiders out there:
    Do you think that LXC will out-compete OVZ in the market during the next years or will it be "just another vitualization technique"?

• joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@Amitz said:
    A question to the experienced insiders out there:
    Do you think that LXC will out-compete OVZ in the market during the next years or will it be "just another vitualization technique"?

Pretty likely that it will outcompete OpenVZ, once the tooling catches up. LXC support being part of mainline kernel is a significant draw - both for providers (less dependency on a third-party vendor for their kernel patches) and for individuals (ability to run any distro of choice and still get LXC).

Thanked by 2Amitz mpkossen
  • Hello,

We start using Promox long time ago 1.7 version, which where great for our KVM users, however due as doing all manual, we had to drop it for SolusVM/KVM, however now because of a lot of issues with SolusVM backups and etc.. we are going back to SolusVM, due as allowing our customers to backup and restore whenever they want for free, an option that solusvm does not yet support, we will working with whmcs module to make it work with all we need, however new lxc makes Promox much more as a solution to switch from solusvm.

+10 for Proxmox.

Also if you plan to upgrade from 3 to 4, make sure you full backup your data, i had it crash from 1.8 to 2.0 :)

• Installed it on my Online.net dedi.

I tried using the same config file I used at 3.4 Debian 7 (@earl's method)

Didn't work.
    I tried dibbler, didn't work.
    What's left is using wide-dhcpv6-client now.

Did anyone make this work with Online.net's ipv6 BS? If so, how did you?

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Well, damn. Personally I hoped they will revert to OVZ at least for a while, I need OVZ features. LXC does progress fast, but it is not yet there, OVZ can look like a real VM in some scenarios and proxmox supported veth...
    I guess I will have to do a KVM with OVZ instead...