Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

holy crap budgetvm really sucks - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

holy crap budgetvm really sucks

2»

Comments

• sandrosandro Member
    edited December 2012

is budgetvm still considered bad?

lol i though this was from last year. so the Chicago one seems to be good. Anyone using one in Amsterdam?

• @GIANT_CRAB said: Fedora is the best Linux OS.

Debian is better than Fedora.

• @tux for sure, even though my last name is Fedora hahah

• Screw Debian. it can never find the packages I'm trying to install without having to go find public downloads and install it manually.

• @Cirium Debian/Ubuntu have the best repos..

nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Add "contrib non-free" to the end of your deb repo

apt-get update

• @zachfedora said: @Cirium Debian/Ubuntu have the best repos..

Nop baby, fedora + rpm fusion is better than old packages in debian <3

• I've got a ping tester setup to monitor my BudgetVM VPS, and the emails go into a "monitor" folder. That folder is constantly full of notification emails, that the VPS is going up & down, up & down. Useless.

• @skirtTight said: Nop baby, fedora + rpm fusion is better than old packages in debian <3

http://debgen.simplylinux.ch/

• budgetvm works good for me, i had 4 vps there.

• @dedicados said: budgetvm works good for me, i had 4 vps there.

location?

• 2 chicago
    2 los angeles

amsterdam was very bad like 4 months ago, right now im going to test.

• @dedicados said: 2 los angeles

My 3 VPSes with them in LA were working as a shit.

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

guys the secret is
    it isnt about YUM or CentOS issue.
    if anybody has ever used host1free - free vps, will agree, they also experience the same problem!!!
    its all about low bandwidth, lesser cache, lesser swap, and excessive overselling.

• Yeah, LA quite slow. But Chicago so far so good. I have 3 Chicago and 1 LA. At least considering their price. Its "Budget".

• XeiXei Member
    edited December 2012

@dedicados said: amsterdam was very bad like 4 months ago, right now im going to test.

Hey dedicados how did the retest of Amsterdam location go? How's the network uptime been for you? I was considering picking up one there when they become available. My main concern is there's a lot of negative feedback and fewer neutral or positive reviews so it's left me undecided.

• After about a week of working through a support ticket, the network quality improved (Los Angeles). I hope it lasts this time.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I can only say that chicago works within the expected parameters for the price. I have a 1 GB one with 3 IPs.

• @Xei i dont have any downtimes anymore, looks great.