Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

holy crap budgetvm really sucks
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

holy crap budgetvm really sucks

skirtTightskirtTight Member
edited December 2012 in Providers

their solusvm control panel has been lagging like no tommorrow ever since I ordered

I can't do anything : |
just around 24 hours ago, plus install crap takes ages, heck even yum update takes ages for some reason

anyone experienced this with them before?

Comments

• Did you submit a support ticket with them about this?

• found your problem

• @gubbyte

Yeah. Why use an easy and simple OS like centos or fedora?

No..No..

Lets make it complicated, instead of using a good OS like centos let's use gentoo. That's somehow easier.

/sarcasm.

• skirtTightskirtTight Member
    edited December 2012

@CVPS_Kevin said: Did you submit a support ticket with them about this?

Nop, it could've been only for a small amount of time and i'd consider it normal, guess ill ticket them now : |

@Cirium said: fedora

FEDORA MASTER RACE

• @Cirium said: Yeah. Why use an easy and simple OS like centos or fedora?

No..No..

Lets make it complicated, instead of using a good OS like centos let's use gentoo. That's somehow easier.

/sarcasm.

Or you could just install APT on CentOS/Fedora.

• @gubbyte said: Or you could just install APT on CentOS/Fedora.

Why would you do such an awful, sinful act?

• @ihatetonyy said: Why would you do such an awful, sinful act?

Why not?

• @skirtTight said: FEDORA MASTER RACE

@Cirium said: fedora

Fedora is the best Linux OS.

Ontopic: Yes, you should have read their customer reviews first before ordering.

Do some homework or you will be at loss.

They always oversell and overload their servers like shit, their network is terribly slow as well.

• @skirtTight said: anyone experienced this with them before?

There are lots of reviews here and WHT about them. No other comment.

• Their xen LA plans seem okay, stable, but besides their support not speaking English it ain't that bad. :)

• @Cirium said: it ain't that bad

That's like saying 9gag is not that bad.

• sometimes, the control panel is lagging up. packet loss in high this month. last month was ok. the support replies in 2 - 3 hours ave.

• @GIANT_CRAB said: That's like saying 9gag is not that bad.

That's why the master race goes to encyclopediadramatica rather than kiddie lulz sites

• @skirtTight said: encyclopediadramatica
    @skirtTight said: kiddie lulz

sorry but that is the exact same thing

• @gubbyte said: sorry but that is the exact same thing

No

• Never had a problem with them, vps is running stable here

• I no longer have any VPS with them for some reason.

but as far I concerned, when I do, their HW was great and performing consistently. Decent network too.

OP, so you want to open a ticket? friendly advice: don't set your expectation high.

• I had a Xen VPS with BudgetVM for a year and was reasonably happy. Switched to OpenVZ, and lately it's been painful (at the Los Angeles location). Lots and lots of network problems. At the moment it's ok, though. I'm hoping it was just temporary, but time will tell.

• WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited December 2012

CentOS is a good OS?

But no, this isn't the fault of the OS, it's probably terrible I/O.

• Don't have any issues here, network speeds around 79M/s to cachefly and disk IO around 300mb/s at the Chicago location

Open a ticket, they usually fix stuff pretty quickly.

• @david said: at the Los Angeles location

thats where I have my instance at

• @Wintereise said: CentOS is a good OS?

CentOS is a good OS.

• Centos isn't an OS, and Linux Distribution is all the same, it's just bundled with different packages. So it's stupid to say CentOS is a bad 'os' when this is a Debian biased community.

• @skirtTight do u have any solid evidence to back up your frivolous claims or do you just enjoy bashing a good companu like fudgetvm?

• @DraterTel said: @skirtTight do u have any solid evidence to back up your frivolous claims or do you just enjoy bashing a good companu like fudgetvm?

>

I couldn't do crap on their solusvm panel w/e it's called a few hours ago, I can prove im with them but thats it, how the fu** do you prove they were lagging a while back?

• He's most likely trolling, lol.

FudgetVM.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

i have a chicago one and is okay. I am thinking if to pay one more month or not.

• mahjongmahjong Member
    edited December 2012

I had a los angeles one, for one month. It was the second ovz plan, and laggy (slow network, bad I/O) as hell. I'm happy that i bought it only for one month.

• I left them due to their incredibly slow network. I would struggle to break even 100kB/s. Having friends in america test, they got similarly awful speeds. Unacceptable. I/O seemed OK for me.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I guess it depends on location, i find the chicago deal going well on network.