Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2GB Windows VPS for $1 month in Australia
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

2GB Windows VPS for $1 month in Australia

DomainBopDomainBop Member
edited December 2012 in Offers

I saw this on WHT. This might be a new record low for a 2GB VPS (note: personally I think $1 is too much to pay for anything that runs Windows...Microsoft should be paying people to use their bug infested OS)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1216359

" a $1.00 VPS comprising of 1 CPU Core, 2GB RAM, 40GB Disk, 100GB Traffic Allowance per month hosting the BRAND NEW Windows Server 2012 on a Hyper-V based VPS."

"Alternatively, a personal plan is available for only 50 cents per month for 1 core, 1GB RAM, 20GB space and 50GB traffic.

All delivered with FREE setup. Refer a friend to increase your traffic at NO EXTRA CHARGE!"

"All servers delivered at single core. Pricing valid for the first 1000 buyers "

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Someone call for age verification of the host ;)

• Dear customer, your order has been placed, however it has been suspended by our fraud screening.

You will be notified shortly once our moderator has reviewed it.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

lol

• FreekFreek Member
    edited December 2012

@DomainBop said: Microsoft should be paying people to use their bug infested OS

Aawwh that's really cute!

Also: '$1.00 for the first 6 months then $29.95 per month'

• @Freek said: '$1.00 for the first 6 months then $29.95 per month'

There is the catch lol

• I don't mind paying 69p for a Windows server for 6 months :)

• Hang on, won't they be running at a loss as each windows server instance / license costs them money?

• 'To proceed with your account setup please scan and forward the following documents.

If you have used a Credit Card for your account - a copy of the front of the credit card that was used.
    If you have used PayPal for your account - a copy of your drivers license, or equivalent PHOTO ID'

Nope Chuck Testa.

• AsadAsad Member
    edited December 2012

Placed an order, got the fraud thing.. so waiting now

• I think sending in a Photo ID should not be a problem

• @darknessends said: I think sending in a Photo ID should not be a problem

Indeed, this offer is skippable. There are many other hosts to chose from that aren't going to steal your identity/money don't ask for a photo ID.

• They didn't ask me for any ID. I just logged in to their Parallels panel, paid for the $1 using PayPal, and support said provisioning takes 1-2 hours.

• I have made an order and paid. Wait till they activate my account. 6 months enough for me to learn the new windows 2012 new features.

• The order is scheduled for processing. Please wait or contact your hosting provider if you need an additional information.

It flagged as fraud check, but if you go through the backend and pay the balance of $1/0.50 it starts processing it :P

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

@DomainBop said: "All servers delivered at single core. Pricing valid for the first 1000 buyers "

1000 buyers offer .. seems dodgy to me.

Tread with caution :)

• He'll be using 2TB of RAM by the end of this? For $1 it's worth the punt, he seems new? But his site and support looks expensive o.O

• "he seems new?"

They've been around for at least 5 years. The reviews are mixed.

Search google for web24 site:forums.whirlpool.net.au

• gubbytegubbyte Member
    edited December 2012

Well, got mine. :)

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

holy cow...

• Hmm, nice @gubbyte.

• Can't use for gameserver :(
    But that's still wow

• they has ip space :) seem legit

Dear customer, your order has been placed, however it has been suspended by our fraud screening.
    You will be notified shortly once our moderator has reviewed it.
    We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Well, I expected that, if they ask for any ID, I wont give, no matter how tempting the offer,
    I fully agree with Damian.

• Can you run 3d game on that?

• @Maounique why, run out of IDs? ;-)

@rds100 said: @Maounique why, run out of IDs? ;-)

No, can always make up one, however, i do not break the law. Faking an ID would be breaking the law, not giving correct data breaks only the ToS.

• Too good to be true?

• @Paul said: Too good to be true?

My server works, and from what people have said it looks like a long-lasting company. I'll have to wait and see if it lasts 6 months, though.

• Just got a missed call of these guys probably to confirm it, was too late to get it though. Not calling back as it's Australia and probably expensive ;d

However, just logged into my acc and I can pay the invoice now so I guess I passed the fraud check.

• InglarInglar Member
    edited December 2012

Wow, that's a real too cheap :)

• smile93smile93 Member
    edited December 2012

@AsadHaider
    I put my office number as my contact number but I am not in my office.

But they did send me a sale mail asking for account verification.
    I have sent them a copy of my driving license. Waiting for account activation now.