Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anybody tested 123Systems so far? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anybody tested 123Systems so far?

2»

Comments

• @upfreak said:
    123systems was acquired by colocrossing, so if you see a good offer and location is right.. go for it...

That one made me laugh.

Uptime stats for the box I have with them:
    https://nodeping.com/reports/uptime/iu0el4jd-1gfp-4ury-8hxt-y5doivl56qvc

• As far as I noticed Colocrossing Routes cause highpings or unstable pings. Is that the case for you too?

• @JustRefleX said:
    As far as I noticed Colocrossing Routes cause highpings or unstable pings. Is that the case for you too?

I don't know. I had plans for this vps but the uptime wasn't good enough so this thing basically idles for months now and isn't used at all.

• @tr1cky said:
    I don't know. I had plans for this vps but the uptime wasn't good enough so this thing basically idles for months now and isn't used at all.

What specs does the server have, the one that idles for months now? and the location.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited October 2015

@JustRefleX said:
    What specs does the server have, the one that idles for months now? and the location.

It's a 256mb openvz in New York.

• @tr1cky said:
    It's a 256mb openvz in New York.

Oh can't need a 256 mb. I would've asked you how much you want for it if it wouldve been a 1024 MB one.

• @JustRefleX perhaps you can try @davidgestiondbi, think they may have NY

Thanked by 1gestiondbi
  • edited October 2015

century1stop said: @JustRefleX perhaps you can try @davidgestiondbi, think they may have NY

Technically, we are not in NY, but in NJ ;)

We also have Atlanta in the East Coastish

You can see all of our plans deepnetsolutions.com/premium-vps.html

If you`d prefer a more custom solution, simply file in a sale ticket.

Regards!

Bryan

Thanked by 2gestiondbi KamA
  • @Jonchun said:
    Hey it's doing great for October!!

Do you have a server at them?

• @JustRefleX said:
    Do you have a server at them?

No.. I just clicked the link..

• After the crash I requested to have my vps terminated and recreated on another node. They said they are working on it, so far without any success apparently. I was actually surprised to get an initial response this fast but still... Like I said, I don't care much for the server as I'm only using it for file distribution to clients from time to time but provisioning a new vps shouldn't take that much time. Sure they're cheap just like Hostus, VMBox, evoburst, virmach, vpsdime, ramnode, and lots of others but they do provide decent (if not outstanding) support.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    After the crash I requested to have my vps terminated and recreated on another node. They said they are working on it, so far without any success apparently. I was actually surprised to get an initial response this fast but still... Like I said, I don't care much for the server as I'm only using it for file distribution to clients from time to time but provisioning a new vps shouldn't take that much time. Sure they're cheap just like Hostus, VMBox, evoburst, virmach, vpsdime, ramnode, and lots of others but they do provide decent (if not outstanding) support.

Which Package do you have at them?

• A 256mb ram OpenVz vps.

• I had a bad experience with 123systems, and had to move my websites, but FTPiT is wonderful. The fastest server I've ever had within LEB price range.

Thanked by 1komputerking
  • IceCreamIceCream Member
    edited December 2015

My experience with 123Systems is quite good actually. Not sure if I'm just lucky, but my box got a decent uptime and perfomance (their cheapest OpenVZ plan). I just have a single ticket regarding some issues with my IP, which has been resolved quickly.

ZNC is currently running on that VPS.

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

@JustRefleX said:
    I can recommend him so far though for his friendly support IMO. They have Live-Support btw.

Were you able to resolve that situation? If you have any another idea you want to run by me to see if we can resolve your issue, let me know.

• komputerkingkomputerking Member, Host Rep

@JustRefleX said:
    I need to know if they are reliable at all. They prices are indeed good, but all comes down if it works.

I also need to know if "ftpit.com" is reliable if anybody has a clue.

I like to think that I am reliable. What kind of hosting setup are you trying to make use of? If you want, I can set you up with a VPS for a free 1 week trial and see if it works for your needs.

If you have a specific location in mind, send me a PM and I'll send you a link to our Looking Glass servers

• I do not have a good experience with them

• Some necro here?

Anyway...

I used several boxes in 2-3 years with them. To be honest, Andrew was very helpful with me when they has outages, and then I claimed the corresponding SLA credit.

Unfortunately, their nodes were mostly oversold and low performing, particularly they had very high IO latency and your CPU was always capped to 50% of the nominal frequency.

I used them just to try, and then a little bit as testbeds for gameservers or as a VPN server, because they had services at Dallas, which is my best USA location for that usage.