Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has anybody tested 123Systems so far?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Has anybody tested 123Systems so far?

JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
edited October 2015 in Providers

I need to know if they are reliable at all. They prices are indeed good, but all comes down if it works.

I also need to know if "ftpit.com" is reliable if anybody has a clue.

Comments

• JustRefleXJustRefleX Member
    edited October 2015

//

• Yes, they are total crap, even after several people working for them promised that they'd be better now.

Thanked by 1yomero
    edited October 2015

@tr1cky said:
    Yes, they are total crap, even after several people working for them promised that they'd be better now.

You got a clue about ftpit?

• No. https://www.google.com/search?q=123systems+site:lowendtalk.com

JustRefleX said: I need to know if they are reliable at all. They prices are indeed good, but all comes down if it works.

http://www.lowendtalk.com/profile/104859/ftpit_cameron
    http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussions/tagged/ftpit/p1

JustRefleX said: I also need to know if "ftpit.com" is reliable if anybody has a clue.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @GM2015 so what about FTPit?

• marlmarl Member
    edited October 2015

i have that $2.25/yr 128MB box with them, to be fair it has no problem. maybe its just lucky. i have Procon running on linux in it for my BF4 gameserver.

• We are sorry for the inconvenience caused but our Hard-disk was crashed and hence all the data was lost . We did everything possible to avoid loss of data However, the virtual drive cache failed to import and would not rebuild. If you have the backup of your data, we would restore it for free.
    Currently we are working on the server to get it online and once its back we will get back to you soon. Meanwhile your co-operation and patience is greatly appreciated. 

Still down... That email was from the 24th. Couldn't care less about the server but it nicely illustrates the current status of this company.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Dumbest f*cking thread title ever. 123systems are around since 2010, and even back then they were already widely known to be mediocre at best. I.e. a crappy provider that's been causing heaps of complaints on LEB since forever, and you with your "so far" make it sound like they are something new and exciting and everyone is so eager to sign up and "test" them.

Thanked by 2yomero ValdikSS
  • it's pretty simple, close your eyes and jump in, not like a lifetime commitment anyway. 1 or 2 months will tell you quite a bit.

• We are sorry for the inconvenience caused but our Hard-disk was crashed and hence all the data was lost . We did everything possible to avoid loss of data However, the virtual drive cache failed to import and would not rebuild. If you have the backup of your data, we would restore it for free.
    > Currently we are working on the server to get it online and once its back we will get back to you soon. Meanwhile your co-operation and patience is greatly appreciated. 

Still down... That email was from the 24th. Couldn't care less about the server but it nicely illustrates the current status of this company.

lol i have that too. i remember around maybe last year. they just created me new vps like nothing happened. :D

• @rm_ said:
    Dumbest f*cking thread title ever. 123systems are around since 2010, and even back then they were already widely known to be mediocre at best. I.e. a crappy provider that's been causing heaps of complaints on LEB since forever, and you with your "so far" make it sound like they are something new and exciting and everyone is so eager to sign up and "test" them.
    @century1stop said:
    it's pretty simple, close your eyes and jump in, not like a lifetime commitment anyway. 1 or 2 months will tell you quite a bit.
    @Saragoldfarb said:

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused but our Hard-disk was crashed and hence all the data was lost . We did everything possible to avoid loss of data However, the virtual drive cache failed to import and would not rebuild. If you have the backup of your data, we would restore it for free.
    > Currently we are working on the server to get it online and once its back we will get back to you soon. Meanwhile your co-operation and patience is greatly appreciated. 

You guys could say all of this in a normal way like "Trust me you won't want to get a server at them. They untrustful as hell. They have server issues all the time and don't respond to tickets" You guys are really weird, no shit.

Thanked by 1NanoG6
  • I still get messages from them to this day.

• If my memory serves me right, they were good when they were using BuyVM's hardware or BuyVM help them setup their hardware back then, something like that.

This is the VPS - Linux (OVZ) (SSD-Cached) - Linux-1GB-SolusVM $9.5/year:

wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    CPU model :  Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2620 v2 @ 2.10GHz
    Number of cores : 4
    CPU frequency :  375.000 MHz
    Total amount of ram : 1024 MB
    Total amount of swap : 1024 MB
    System uptime :   144 days, 6:38,
    Download speed from CacheFly: 5.53MB/s
    Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 1.55MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 13.8MB/s
    Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 5.97MB/s
    Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 9.05MB/s
    Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 15.8MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 7.55MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 21.6MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 14.0MB/s
    Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 249KB/s
    I/O speed :  157 MB/s

Thanked by 1yomero
  • risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited October 2015

Believe it or not, I haven't had any problems with their service with the following caveats

1. I have never ticketed in for support
    2. I do not have monitoring tools on it
    3. I do not use it for anything production related

With that being said, I use it for a basic netflix proxy and it works fine. No downtime from using it but as I said, I don't use it 24/7.

I am not going out on a limb to recommend this provider for production stuff but its definitely not bad for the use I mentioned above.

@JustRefleX said:
    I need to know if they are reliable at all. They prices are indeed good, but all comes down if it works.

I also need to know if "ftpit.com" is reliable if anybody has a clue.

Edit: No fails or hard drive crashes so far (knocks on wood)

• emgemg Veteran

@JustRefleX said:
    You guys could say all of this in a normal way like "Trust me you won't want to get a server at them. They untrustful as hell. They have server issues all the time and don't respond to tickets" You guys are really weird, no shit.

Do you realize that there is a Search bar at the top of every LowEndTalk page? Did you try to do any web searches or other research before starting this thread? Is your answer to everything to get someone else to answer your questions rather than doing a little work on your own?

Perhaps we are really weird, but your thread title might trick unsuspecting noobs that 123systems has potential, when in fact there have been countless threads on LowEndTalk and other websites from real 123systems customers complaining about one fiasco after another. As others have already pointed out, you could have easily found all kinds of threads about problems with 123systems, without launching a thread about it.

Grow up. You are really immature, no shit.

Thanked by 3TheLinuxBug rm_ Corey
  • manlivomanlivo Member
    edited October 2015

I had a box 512MB RAM KVM only ~6 USD per year, but I had canceled it. I had regret about my decision.

Uptime good, performance good, support friendly but slow response.

• downtime was most of the time. worst service, no support. I hated them for a year and couldnt pay me to use them again. Got worse after the buy out.

• 123systems was acquired by colocrossing, so if you see a good offer and location is right.. go for it...

• @emg said:

You could have saved you some time by just saying "They're in my opinion not reliable. Stay away from them"

And you're calling me immature? Get a grip

• why ask for opinion if you don't want any? weird, immature or otherwise, it's to your request.

• @century1stop said:
    why ask for opinion if you don't want any? weird, immature or otherwise, it's to your request.

Do you speak English?

Where did I say that I don't want one? Where? I wanted to hear people's opinions first so I don't buy something where I wont get my money back.

Please dont waste my time. I don't see why most people don't get the point of this Thread.

Either say Yes I do recommend them, or I do not recommend them due to.

Normal Users seem to be really childish here, no offense but that's what it looks like.

• @century1stop said:
    why ask for opinion if you don't want any? weird, immature or otherwise, it's to your request.
    whatz iz dis? Deutsch?

if you want "yes I do" or "no I don't", just attach a poll, else people will make all sorts of comments ;)
    it will save you time screwing 'em

• If I got a question regarding Satisfaction at a hoster I'll add a poll next time, thanks for the advice.

• welcome, and from what I see, some were just expressing dissatisfaction ..... ;)

edited October 2015

@century1stop said:
    welcome, and from what I see, some were just expressing dissatisfaction ..... ;)

You might know any Hosters than can sell VPS's with affordable Prices in the NY/Chicago/Denver Area?
    I only need about 20 GB Disk Space and less than 500 GB Bandwidth. 1 GB RAM.
    I probably just need a decent CPU Power. :S
    What matters the most is the ping stability though.

• teknolaizteknolaiz Member
    edited October 2015

JustRefleX said: Normal Users seem to be really childish here, no offense but that's what it looks like.

Hey and welcome to LET "a dillhole paradise" since the purchase by ColoCrossing. So please don't be surprised if people attack you, troll you and whatnot.

This place once used to be a really great forum without all the dillholes but that was really long ago and the original owner just decided to sell it all. From that it went downhill (including being hacked) and the new owners just kept the users in the dark for a long time until they finally found out.

Yeah, just welcome here.

On topic: 123systems as I remember it (used it for years a long time ago) was totally horrible. Bad network (slow speeds and lot of drops). Terrible performance (probably heavily oversold or whatever). Support? What support? I never got a reply to tickets. No replies to mails either and they didn't pickup the phone when called. Hmm and one more thing. Had several VPSs and some were unused so they were shutdown. After some time 123systems suspended them for no reason.

Thanked by 1Corey
  • @Hidden_Refuge said:
    On topic: 123systems as I remember it (used it for years a long time ago) was totally horrible. Bad network (slow speeds and lot of drops). Terrible performance (probably heavily oversold or whatever). Support? What support? I never got a reply to tickets. No replies to mails either and they didn't pickup the phone when called. Hmm and one more thing. Had several VPSs and some were unused so they were shutdown. After some time 123systems suspended them for no reason.

FInally one of the few LET Users that are actually nice!
    Thanks for responding!

• Google only showed ftppit offer threads on a short investigation. I linked you to ftpsomeperson, so you can always talk to the guy.

JustRefleX said: FInally one of the few LET Users that are actually nice! Thanks for responding!

• @GM2015 said:
    Google only showed ftppit offer threads on a short investigation. I linked you to ftpsomeperson, so you can always talk to the guy.

Been talking to the FTPIT Guy so far, I have one server which he moved to other locations to see if my Ping/Connection from Austria is more stable there. He seems to be very nice so far. I will talk to him today for further talking about this routing issue from Austria.

I can recommend him so far though for his friendly support IMO. They have Live-Support btw.

• Didn't use 123Systems yet. But I would like to suggest you to not go for the prices, go for the quality, services & support instead.