Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for servers (256mb ram/512mb ram - 20gb+ hdd)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for servers (256mb ram/512mb ram - 20gb+ hdd)

curtisgcurtisg Banned
edited December 2012 in Providers

Hello,

I'm searching for servers with at least 256mb ram and 20gb+ hard drive. Only one IP is needed per server, I need servers located around the globe (places in USA, germany/netherlands/chicago/la/canada/uk). I am mostly looking for Canada, UK as I already have a USA server(in LA).

Specs needed (minimum):
256MB Ram
20GB HDD
1 IPv4
100mbps or better
Unlimited bandwidth (or 2tb/mo limit)

Servers will be pulling lots of traffic which might reach over 25mbps so be prepared if you make a offer. These servers will be use a backend systems, which will link to the front end system. I also plan to get another kimsufi mKS-2G tomorrow.

Please post offers here.

Thanks.

Comments

• CatalystVPS @Jarland comes into my mind when ever someone asks for unmetred bandwidth. He might be able to offer you a custom deal.

• I know, I looked there and bought a few servers, I'm just looking for some with unlimited/unmetered bandwidth, so far none of the LEB's offer it.

• I have 3 locations Las Vegas NV, South bend IN (Chicago Metro) , and Piscataway NJ
    We have a sale still going below. From cyber monday. That should do you. If you need another 1tb of bandwidth it can be added for a $3.00

• Whats your budget?

• You sure you looked? Last I checked there were more than a few that offered unmetered bandwidth.

• @zachfedora - $50 right now, however can get more in the morning when I get myself a $50 prepaid visa so that puts it at $100 this month alone.

• @24khost said: I have 3 locations Las Vegas NV, South bend IN (Chicago Metro) , and Piscataway NJ

We have a sale still going below. From cyber monday. That should do you. If you need another 1tb of bandwidth it can be added for a $3.00

Port speed?

• 1 vCPU
    256 MB Memory
    50 GB Space
    250 GB bandwidth
    1 IP
    $2.95

Can do 5tb for $5.95 total I guess. I have been feeling way to generous latley. Pm me for that.

• @24khost said: 1 vCPU

256 MB Memory
    50 GB Space
    250 GB bandwidth
    1 IP
    $2.95

Can do 5tb for $5.95 total I guess. I have been feeling way to generous latley. Pm me for that.

I'll hit you with a PM tomorrow. I just turned on my phone and layed down in bed haha

• not a problem. I start doing the orders at 7am CST.

• @24khost said: not a problem. I start doing the orders at 7am CST.

okay

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@curtisg said: Specs needed (minimum):

1 Shared CPU
    256MB Ram
    20GB HDD
    1 IPv4
    100mbps
    2tb

I am able to offer you,
    OVZ
    $5/mo, Dallas,Tx

Or if you pay yearly, $4.24/mo.

• @NinjaHawk_Roel I plan to get a mKS-2G for $13/mo from kimsufi tomorrow.

• @curtisg said: tomorrow.

That word is trademarked.

• @curtisg said: @NinjaHawk_Roel I plan to get a mKS-2G for $13/mo from kimsufi tomorrow.

Sounds like a great plan :)

There's a few plans there that don't exist anymore, it's a bug where we're still showing archived plans in our filters. But 90% of these should be accurate.

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited December 2012

@curtisg said: 100mbps or better

Catalyst in Denver: 2TB on Gbps for $5/mo, Unmetered on Gbps for $7/mo, both with 256MB.

BuyVM 512s ($5.95) in SJ and NY look like they're in stock. 2TB on Gbps in both locations, dirt cheap extra bandwidth. BlueVM has what looks to be the same plan in TX/CA/ATL/KS; not sure what port speeds.

You could talk to NodeDeploy about getting higher BW allocs; they're $3.50/mo for 1GB/750GB on Gbit in Phoenix and Germany, and they've also got a 2GB/1TB plan on 100Mbps in Maidenhead -- shoot them a ticket about playing with the numbers on those.

They're all A+++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN etc etc.

• @curtisg said: Unlimited bandwidth (or 2tb/mo limit)

@curtisg said: which might reach over 25mbps

That's quite a disparity there. 25 megabit per second will exhaust 2000 gigabytes in 7 1/2 days. You'd be better off looking for unmetered bandwidth.

• @Damian said: That's quite a disparity there. 25 megabit per second will exhaust 2000 gigabytes in 7 1/2 days. You'd be better off looking for unmetered bandwidth.

Thats why I am searching for unmetered.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@NinjaHawk_Roel said: CatalystVPS @Jarland comes into my mind when ever someone asks for unmetred bandwidth. He might be able to offer you a custom deal.

Thanks for the recommendation.

@curtisg I can do unmetered in Denver. Absolutely willing to make a custom package to fit anyone's needs. Some praise the network in FDC, some despise it. I'm not opposed to running a trial.

For what you listed...
    256MB Ram
    20GB HDD
    1 IPv4
    100mbps or better

I offer this:
    1 CPU Core
    128MB RAM (with 128MB vSwap)
    Unmetered 100Mbit
    40GB Storage
    $3.50/m

You might be surprised what I'll negotiate on that (specs, the price is designed to break even, I will never profit from Denver). Hit me up if you want to give it a test run. Just open a presales ticket on our website, reference this post.

• @jarland mind posting dd results?

• @curtisg: as a person who is at the same Denver node.

Its amazing.

root@jarlandisapancake:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 5.53159 s, 194 MB/s

@HalfEatenPie said: Its amazing.

Odd. Here's what I got.

[root@node2 ~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 4.73576 s, 227 MB/s

• root@vps5:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync; unlink test
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 9.12482 s, 118 MB/s

on node2 :)

• @jarland said: Odd. Here's what I got.

How dare you try and one up me on your own servers?!

edited December 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: How dare you try and one up me on your own servers?!

I guess it's that IO priority. RAID controller is a beast though for what it is. Oktay built a heck of a machine.

• @24khost I'll PM you now.

Any more offers?

• NHRoelNHRoel Member
    edited December 2012

@curtisg I can offer you a better price if you require smaller amount of bandwidth.

@24khost said: 250 GB bandwidth

@NinjaHawk_Roel said: 2tb