Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing takes over ChicagoVPS - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing takes over ChicagoVPS

Comments

• Lee said: And others :)

It's incredible how @DomainBop thanked this one-hit-poster named @KateHunt (...) when he has to post a single comment since December 2013! OK, guys, we got it, you hate CC and all related brands. He got it since long time ago, when you moved to VPSboard, where some of the basic members are so obsessed with this drama, that is getting annoying
    (talking from a reader's perspective with absolutely no relation to LET, CC, hosting industry and having no more services from CVPS)

Thanked by 1DomainBop
  • @netomx said:
    I hope they don't change my discounts on my plans :P I got the $30/yr for 2GB and 2TB BW AFAIK

As long as they don't pull a Quadranet, you'll be fine :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • I'd be willing to bet that CVPS's sales are surging since the moment where @jbiloh stated that previous plan prices would be honored and to expect price hikes in the future. Kudos for the marketing tricks.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Pwner said: marketing tricks

Thanked by 217brownj Pwner
  • Believe it or not, my CVPS VPS has been working like a charm for over a year... Rarely ever goes down... Only annoying thing is the support that can't speak English.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

Hybrid said: Only annoying thing is the support that can't speak English.

Yeah, but @CVPS_Chris is gone now :)

Thanked by 3Amitz ATHK Pwner
  • Curiously I went and looked at the CVPS ads on LEB, just took a stab at one in 2012

http://lowendbox.com/blog/chicagovps-12year-openvz-vps-in-chicago-buffalo/

And sure enough all the promo prices still work from away back then. Nothing seems to have been Limited.

Not even the 3 year, 2GB deals.

http://lowendbox.com/blog/chicagovps-603-years-2gb-openvz-vps-in-buffalo-and-chicago/

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Lee said: Nothing seems to have been Limited.

Limited always means "limited to how many we can sell".

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@Lee said:

It's easier/quicker to just say 'Fran was right'.

;)

Francisco

Thanked by 2Lee ATHK
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

@Francisco said: Fran was right

Fran was right

Thanked by 2Francisco shell
  • Francisco said: It's easier/quicker to just say 'Fran was right'.

Asshole :P

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

The announcement email will be going out in the next hour or so.

• @jbiloh so are you going to honor "Recurring Price" ?

• Considering ChicagoVPS' performance and reputation, why did ColoCrossing buy it?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

emg said: Considering ChicagoVPS' performance and reputation, why did ColoCrossing buy it?

Because everything they have they got from CC, so it's all contained within the CC infrastructure. It really is a CC service.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • Yeah, why buy a tarnished brand and jack up the prices to x, when you could've started selling them for price x from a new brand?

tenpera said: @jbiloh so are you going to honor "Recurring Price" ?

Yes. Prices for current customers will not change.

No decision has been made for new signups, either, too early to make conclusive decisions like that.

Thanked by 1Francisco

black said: Yeah, why buy a tarnished brand and jack up the prices to x, when you could've started selling them for price x from a new brand?

We know we have a lot of work to do with the Chicago VPS brand but we're committed to making it a success. Chicago VPS has tens of thousands of active customers who will begin seeing the benefits very soon.

Thanked by 1shell
  • @jbiloh said: We know we have a lot of work to do with the Chicago VPS brand but we're committed to making it a success. Chicago VPS has tens of thousands of active customers who will begin seeing the benefits very soon.

You mean, no more cause for CVPS-bashing LET threads? Awww… whatever are we going to do now for drama and free entertainment…? ;)

• aglodek said: whatever are we going to do now for drama and free entertainment…? ;)

It will find you... :)

• Just got a spam email about this from chicagovps. Looks like I get to report them and colocrossing again.

Thanked by 1yomero

kalam said: Just got a spam email about this from chicagovps. Looks like I get to report them and colocrossing again.

Can't we just be friends? :(

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanked by 2Mridul doughmanes
  • SpeedyKVMSpeedyKVM Banned, Member

Congrats to Chris + CVPS

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited September 2015

jbiloh said: Can't we just be friends? :(

Hi Jon,

I'm available for shilling brand management services.

I charge a reasonable fee, references available from @DaveA.

Regards, Jack

Thanked by 2Amitz FlamesRunner
  • AsadAsad Member
    edited September 2015

22 September 2015

Dear ,

We’re excited to announce that as of 8 September 2015, ChicagoVPS was acquired by Velocity Servers Incorporated DBA ColoCrossing, headquartered in Buffalo, New York.

ColoCrossing, a premiere data center services company, began in 2006 and has since grown significantly over the past nine years, particularly in the dedicated server and colocation market. Through hard work and a great commitment to providing superior service to its customers, ColoCrossing is a major player in these spaces and has taken another step to be a larger player in the virtualized space by acquiring ChicagoVPS.

As such, we would like you to know that we value your business and that we are committed to ensuring you receive world class service. Most importantly you should know that the transition will be seamless, and that you may continue to communicate with us through the normal customer center and you may continue paying for your services as usual. ColoCrossing has already begun an immediate service enhancement process which includes additional customer service operators, based at our Buffalo, New York office, and upgrades of the ChicagoVPS infrastructure and hosting platform. Therefore, going forward, ChicagoVPS, a division of ColoCrossing will provide you with outstanding levels of customer service, in order to meet and exceed your every expectation.

Again, thank you for your business and we look forward to our continued relationship in the many days, months and years ahead.

Very best regards,

Gregory Clark
    Director, Business Development
    ColoCrossing
    [email protected]

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@black said:
    Yeah, why buy a tarnished brand and jack up the prices to x, when you could've started selling them for price x from a new brand?

Because suddenly having 10+ full racks of gear unpaid for is bad for business?

Francisco

• Francisco said: Because suddenly having 10+ full racks of gear unpaid for is bad for business?

Yeah, damn. I didn't know CVPS have 10k+ active clients.

• @black said:

Id say 200 active

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2015

@black said:
    Yeah, why buy a tarnished brand

I would hazard a guess this "tarnished brand" thing is really only broadly applicable here. Granted, they had their share of issues, but for every 1 customer who complained, they probably had 100 chugging along.

I'd also guess the business they got from LET was small-ish potatoes if the customer base is as large as claimed.

I'm sure CC knew what they were getting into . . . or admitting to, depending on the size of your tin foil hat.