Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend competition Winner setup what host? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend competition Winner setup what host?

13»

Comments

• They're digging this up because part of the deal was to have a business plan already laid out from what I can remember..

They're diggin up the thread because its been five months and not a single word has been said about your service, outside of "I'm traveling" and "I have some nodes I'm testing".

I'm sure there were other people that applied that had a plan lined out, that would have been ready to launch by now.

• NickONickO Member

Yeah, everyone does have a point. Why did you apply for it if you don't have the time to run or manage anything and most importantly why did you accept the offer afterwards if you knew you couldn't do anything about it?

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

@zhuyani I've personally discussed ideas that you could potentially use and think that when you decide to make use of the server, you'll do everything very well. I also believe that you shouldn't start until YOU are ready. That's important, as rushing in or starting when it's not convenient will only hurt you in the long run. You need to make the very most that you possibly can from the free 6 months. However, IP costs are going up, and as far as I'm aware there's only 32 free one's on your server? Might be worth getting in now whilst IP's are still affordable, or alternatively come up with something that doesn't need to utilize a large number of IP's.

I think these two quotes from yourself do need to be brought up though:

@zhuanyi said: I will be travelling at the end of the month for a week so I figured it is probably the best idea to get things started after I am back

@zhuanyi said: I am recently involved in a project at work that is internally very high profile but also very risky, and at the same time I have to finish up my graduate school thesis, which are two things that have really exhausted me

Good luck with everything you do :), and I hope some people here start to grow up and realise it isn't an "injustice" not to start something, especially if the time isn't right. I'm sure there's plenty of alternative ColoCrossing providers that suit most people's needs currently as well, so there's really no need for people to cry.

This discussion has been closed.