Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lowend competition Winner setup what host? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Lowend competition Winner setup what host?

Comments

• @zhuanyi said: I am not sure what you are implying here but thanks for the sarcasm, I am sorry I do not have the "entrepreneurship" or time to register some domains during some promotions and then sell them at 600 bucks instead of offering for free for the original writer of the Unixbench program.

... and this is why I'd probably buy from you once you go live.

• @zhuanyi said: register some domains during some promotions and then sell them at 600 bucks instead of offering for free for the original writer of the Unixbench program.

1. Bulk pricing gives me purchasing power some of these promotional kids only dream about.
    2. I made an offer, got no response from them within a reasonable amount of time.
    3. The original UnixBench project is crippled. You know this right? Oh wait, you didn't and try to attack me for making some money off of serverbear? Grow up kiddo, you're going to need the thick skin once the rubber meets the pavement when you decide to run this project whenever you feel like it.
    4. Good luck. You're going to need it.
  • @bamn said: Grow up kiddo, you're going to need the thick skin once the rubber meets the pavement when you decide to run this project whenever you feel like it.

People make money in different ways, some through hard work and others through stealing others' idea and fruit of hard work, so good luck to you too.

• @zhuanyi said: People make money in different ways, some through hard work and others through stealing others' idea and fruit of hard work, so good luck to you too.

If you have such an anti-capitalist attitude which is widespread on here, why are you opening a business or attempting to?

Also, you told me that you won't waste your time with me but obviously I think somebody is typing your messages for you and posting them under your account. You should look into changing your password

• This is why we can't have nice things.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

We need two threads for this slap fight now?

• @jarland said: We need two threads for this slap fight now?

Sorry @jarland, I will stop responding on both of them now.

• LeeLee Veteran

^^ Agreed.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I would really like to see some action on that...
    I mean the start-up, not slapping.

• @Maounique said: I mean the start-up

http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6799/most-kickstarter-projects-fail-to-deliver-on-time

I'm demanding accountability and all I hear is excuses / "I'm not going to waste my time with you anymore explaining myself" ("excuse")

• LeeLee Veteran

@bamn - Who are you to demand anything?

• @W1V_Lee said: Who are you to demand anything?

When you see such a blatant injustice and waste of a promotion, sometimes one person steps forward to say what others cannot say or are too afraid to say. When you get excuses and attitude, you continue to ask more questions because you obviously got the guy on defense.

• LeeLee Veteran

As far as I can see there was no clause that said you must setup by a certain date. It has already been nentioned that until he actually claims the server, domain, etc then the 6 months won't start.

So at worst whoever organised the contest screwed up by not specifiying a date they should have setup by, is that a reasonable demand though? Not sure.

And to be clear, I did not start this thread thinking the guy was scamming, I was just genuinely interested in how it was going.

• @W1V_Lee said: It has already been nentioned that until he actually claims the server, domain, etc then the 6 months won't start.

So basically, whenever he feels like it?

@W1V_Lee said: I was just genuinely interested in how it was going.

I am too but I decided to be more direct in asking which got me the results I wanted.

• LeeLee Veteran

Well it sucks perhaps, however like it or not, he won, he is under no obligation to meet any timescale from what I can see, so bottom line, he is doing nothing wrong.

@W1V_Lee said: he is doing nothing wrong.

I am not sure about that.
    While I agree he should take his time and prepare all well, we are way past the EXPECTED time it should have been up and running already.
    Maybe the timer does not start before he claims it, maybe they did screw up not putting up a due date, but at some point you should ask yourself how long is too long ?
    For me it took too long already and I am sure many other ppl agree.
    Not saying he does something wrong regarding the strict interpretation of the terms, but my expectations were about a much shorter term, i am a bit disappointed, but it can still be understood through unavoidable and unforseeable events.

TL;DR
    How long is too long ? From my POV we passed it, but it can still be ok taking into consideration some external events.

• LeeLee Veteran

I do agree with you M, I think it's probably been too long, but all I am saying is that there is nothing to say one way or another what is too long.

As I think you already pointed out previously, there are always going to be things that get in the way, pressures of other work/commitments and so on. If you can't find the time to do it by now then I do think there should come a point you say it's been too long.

Who makes that decision though?

• How long is too long ? From my POV we passed it, but it can still be ok taking into consideration some external events.

It would had been great marketing to have him win, do some setup/behind the scenes stuff, and launch January 1st but overpaying for a piece of paper ("college degree") seems to be more important to him.

• LeeLee Veteran

ok I will hold my hands up here and say I really did not realise it had been 2 months since it was won

October 23, 2012 @ 6:09 am, by Chief

Yeah, maybe that's a bit long for no progress at all.

• To me, it sounds unfair to rush someone into starting a business before they're ready (for whatever reason). Surely that's close to putting one foot in the deadpool before you've started?

• @Nekki said: To me, it sounds unfair to rush someone into starting a business before they're ready (for whatever reason). Surely that's close to putting one foot in the deadpool before you've started?

They should have been preparing when they applied or even before. You don't prepare to be president after you've won either, but once the campaign has started.

Nothing against him, but agree that it has been a while.

• You haven't even opened and you already have your first piece of LET drama <3.

Welcome to the business.

• LeeLee Veteran

Dragging up old threads :) Was this ever advanced and used?

No, sadly :(

• SpiritSpirit Member
    edited March 2013

@W1V_Lee said: Was this ever advanced and used?

It will! But server specs may need upgrade :P

• It's only been five months..you'd have figured they would have had a runner up selected or something.

• LeeLee Veteran

That's a shame really, I suspect many would have supported the service, me included, really wish it had been handed over to someone else or even run again.

• I do not know why people are digging up this thread periodically, so that they can troll people or something? Sure, I can start sell you something right now, go to one of those a7gz or hostrail.com, order anything you like. Or I will sell you some VPS out of the super-crowded colocrossing network, offering you nothing different than what a million other VPS hosts have offered here.

I am sorry but I am started to getting fed up with people asking this like every other week, if you are genuinely curious, please check the 100000000000 posts already on this topic.

This discussion has been closed.