Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers

Comments

• MistravalMistraval Member
    edited September 2015

@salakis said:
    Any ideas for a small cheap box in the US with a Hulu-clean IP? Or should I risk it and renew in NYC (so far very solid)?

Check out Secure Dragon. Works perfect. They have a few good deals listed on LEB.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • ktkt Member, Host Rep

A email has been sent to those affected, I cannot stress enough I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused to those on LA4.

No other node is affected or has any issues, LA network had some issues earlier in the week at upstream however was resolved in 6 minutes.

• Zeniva said: I cannot stress enough I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused to those on LA4.

What about those accidental ticket deletes? Care to explain?

Thanked by 1William
  • @Zeniva said: A email has been sent to those affected (…)

I submit you might also want to elaborate on this, ah, event, here. Just a suggestion. No charge ;) Like I said earlier, downtime is something most seasoned people here accept i

• Sorry, on my mobile on the road in China... can't seem to edit my incomplete post above… sigh…

As I was saying: most seasoned people will accept, if not expect, downtime. The way your support handled this issue is another matter entirely. Hence my suggestion above. Your call, of course ;)

• Any reply from Iniz? My ticket not yet answered till date, I think everyone is not there in Iniz, its abandoned

• programer said: Any reply from Iniz? My ticket not yet answered till date, I think everyone is not there in Iniz, its abandoned

IT seems it was bought by Zeniva as this would indicate here

Zeniva said: A email has been sent to those affected, I cannot stress enough I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused to those on LA4.

No other node is affected or has any issues, LA network had some issues earlier in the week at upstream however was resolved in 6 minutes.

Track record of these guys is not good. Run and run far away. Do not look behind you, do not blink. Find a better host and feel safer.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Zeniva said:
    A email has been sent to those affected, I cannot stress enough I am genuinely sorry for the trouble caused to those on LA4.

Any idea about what happened to the other thread about a deleted VPS?

• Maounique said: Any idea about what happened to the other thread about a deleted VPS?

I was curious about this too! I opened it this morning and was going to read it but when I came back I couldn't find it.

• @Maounique said:
    Any idea about what happened to the other thread about a deleted VPS?

I did a mistake. Thats all. I requested to delete the topic. :)

• GIANT_CRAB said: What about those accidental ticket deletes? Care to explain?

Yea, that would be interesting. But for now it seems @Zeniva is just escaping the question...

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB
    edited September 2015

@William said:
    Yea, that would be interesting. But for now it seems Zeniva is just escaping the question...

Likely to stay that way. Admittedly here-say, but from what I've read around the internet Zeniva is apparently owned by a teenager.

• I wonder how much some of these companies would pay someone to at least answer the tickets and not just delete them?

• @lazyt said:
    I wonder how much some of these companies would pay someone to at least answer the tickets and not just delete them?

At least an auto-reply would have been nice.

• Guess I need to start tossing my name out as a ticket answerer.

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

I got my 4 day old ticket answered and actioned, very politely too.

I asked for a IPv6 IP address to be attached to my VPS, they've done so without question and for free.

While my ticket isn't as major as a whole node being down, it didn't get deleted as someone said it would...

• vpsteavpstea Member
    edited September 2015

the vps is back online, but the data all bad. mysql, config files, etc.
    could not be fixed.

• vpstea said: but the data all bad. could not be fixed.

Never mind, at least you will have backups..

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • vpsteavpstea Member
    edited September 2015

@Lee said:
    Never mind, at least you will have backups..

Unfortunately,i have not.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Maounique said: Any idea about what happened to the other thread about a deleted VPS?

@mpkossen ?

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • ZweiTigerZweiTiger Member
    edited September 2015

@jvnadr said:
    mpkossen ?

Requested to delete the topic as i did a mistake myself. Cancelled the bad one. Thats how my bad day started.
    Thats not my day. Seems..

• @vpstea said:
    < beeeeeeeeep >

Awww… censorship... what a shame. I really enjoyed the original, uncensored post. It was just so REAL, you know? Showed conviction. Had character. Cut through platitudes and went right to the heart of the matter. So rare these "proper" times we live in ;)

• My tickets are not yet replied.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

programer said: My tickets are not yet replied.

At least not deleted.

• @programer said:
    My tickets are not yet replied.

Neither. These guys really did handle this like a champ.

edited September 2015

Here's the final email I received a full 15 days after the original outage:

Hello,

Majority of the VMs which were recoverable are now up on existing nodes, if your VM is still not back online then please open a ticket with subject "LA4-Data Loss" to [email protected] and we will attempt to copy all that is recoverable for you.

Control panel access is still limited, unfortuantely due to family grievance abroad I am limited to capability to access our internal network to get clients up faster so I appreciate your patience.

If you have submitted a cancellation request it will be discarded, if you have open invoices you may ignore them. 3 months extension will be given to all clients who have faced issues.

I must stress all other nodes within INiZ are performing well and additional tech to help during my period abroad is being assigned.

Further details and update once clients all are up with control panel access in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Kishan, Zeniva Limited.

Notable excerpt: "If you have submitted a cancellation request it will be discarded"

I have serious doubts these "Further details and update once clients all are up with control panel access" will ever happen.

For those curious, I've completely moved away from this company and I haven't looked back. I'd much rather support a hosting company that doesn't think it's ok to delete tickets, or leave them unanswered for several days regardless of the issue at hand. I suggest you do the same.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

Mistraval said: I must stress all other nodes within INiZ are performing well and additional tech to help during my period abroad is being assigned.

So it sounds like Kishan Tank went abroad with no or not enough support, hence why it's taken so long, probably been nobody able to deal with it. Poor, very poor.

Mistraval said: If you have submitted a cancellation request it will be discarded, if you have open invoices you may ignore them. 3 months extension will be given to all clients who have faced issues.

Umm, that's not right. Is he saying you get 3 months to pay the outstanding invoices or 3 months free or 3 months added to the term?

• One man show?????

• I cant come back to iniz again

• @Lee said: Umm, that's not right. Is he saying you get 3 months to pay the outstanding invoices or 3 months free or 3 months added to the term?

Not sure, submitted a ticket about it 3 days ago now just out of curiosity. Still no response.