Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INIZ nightmare - Stay well away from these jokers

Comments

• I am lucky enough to not in the problematic node, however after reading 2 threads in LET, I decided to move and all is done now...

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Guys, be patient. It takes time to hire a tech, then have the tech fly to the DC, find the wrong server, replaced the wrong parts, fly to the DC again, and redo everything. The whole process will only take a month or more, just be patient. /sarcasm

PS: @Mun, I love how you go defend them 100%, makes me wonder why.

Thanked by 2namhuy 4n0nx
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: ind the wrong server, replaced the wrong parts

Tell me about that... If you are in it long enough, it happened to you at least once.

• nhocconan said: I am lucky enough to not in the problematic node, however after reading 2 threads in LET, I decided to move and all is done now...

damn i just renewed my yearly plan with them few months back. I'm so regret x-x

• ATHKATHK Member
    edited September 2015

@namhuy said:
    damn i just renewed my yearly plan with them few months back. I'm so regret x-x

Why? They're perfectly fine, except for this one incident involving a raid card..

• ATHK said: Why? They're perfectly fine, except for this one incident involving a raid card..

not answering tickets isn't a good sign. Patrick used to be good, but I guess he isn't longer with iniz at this point.

• nhocconannhocconan Member
    edited September 2015

@namhuy said:

Well, I faced several hours down more than 1 week ago and got resolved in 2 hours but ticket was slow after that. Then when it was down again several days ago, and it was online again after 25 minutes. After seeing the warning about ticket delay in their panel, I think it is a bad signal so I decided to move. It is a pity since I had been with them 2 years :-(

• Till now there is no reply to any of my tickets, I am sure its a sign for all Iniz customers to move away immediately to other provider.

• lol INIZ

• Still offline. Still no reply. Deleted another ticket I made 4 days ago.

• Where is @Mun? Is his team still working on Iniz? Any answer for this delay ?

• @programer said:
    Where is Mun? Is his team still working on Iniz? Any answer for this delay ?

Lol

• programer said: Where is @Mun? Is his team still working on Iniz? Any answer for this delay ?

@Mun has nothing to do with Iniz.

• @Nekki said:
    Mun has nothing to do with Iniz.

But if you read this thread from starting post you can understand whether he is involved or not..

• @programer said:
    But if you read this thread from starting post you can understand whether he is involved or not..

I don't understand what you're saying.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • programerprogramer Member
    edited September 2015

Ok, I said read the thread and how he @Mun supports Iniz as if he is employed there.

• MunMun Member
    edited September 2015

@Mun said:
    I don't know if they did or didn't. I don't work there.

Mun said: If I worked there, wouldn't I just go find out what was going on and then reply to the thread with that?

Who said I was sent, your own assumptions of me?

@programer, I have stated I don't work there now twice in this thread. @nekki has also confirmed I don't work there.

You just want to underwrite my opinion with lies about me. I guess discrediting me is easier then actually arguing against my points.

edit: Fixed Nikkii to nekki

• MistravalMistraval Member
    edited September 2015

@Mun said: @programer, I have stated I don't work there now twice in this thread. @nekki has also confirmed I don't work there.

You just want to underwrite my opinion with lies about me. I guess discrediting me is easier then actually arguing against my points.

I've think people have done a decent job of "discrediting" your posts already as it is.

• Discrediting what in particular?

• Mistraval said: I've think people have done a decent job of "discrediting" your posts already as it is.

Fud

• lazytlazyt Member
    edited September 2015

Someone is in a reality warp all of their own.

OT: Wrong parts and wrong server yep been there and done that.

• @Mun said: Discrediting what in particular?

1. That I need an SLA in order not to expect over a week straight of downtime.

2. That "INIZ has better communication than most". Not answering tickets for over 3 days and just deleting them is certainly not better communication than most.

3. That I should have to find people who work at INIZ and email them directly in order to find out what the fuck is going on.

1. You don't need an SLA, however if you are running a business and have paying customers it is idiotic for you not to have a hosting provider with a SLA. My guess is once they get everything resolved they will give you a credit accordingly. They have done this with my downtime that I had received a few months back.

2. Sending multiple tickets of the same sort generally cause the provider to merge the two tickets together. I have had this happen multiple times when I was in a panic. When I asked why they simple said they already had a ticket on it and are working on it. Have they deleted all your tickets, or just your duplicate ones?

3. If you aren't liking the answer you are getting from one source, then try another method. I have had to use this a ton with other companies as they simply refused to work with me one way or another.

My uptime on my kvm at la:

I have had a few blips, but that is to be expected with DDOS protection, as well as I was having issues with the server that hosts my observium.

Ping response time:

As I have said, I am a customer, and I have had issues in the past, but they were fixed though it did take them sometime to do so. However, I am more understanding then you with hardware outages and I'm ok with the emails that they sent out.

Sorry you lost some customers.

If uptime is highly important to you I really do suggest linode! https://www.linode.com/ They have always had great uptime for me and respond to tickets within 5 to 15 minutes. You have to pay more for that kind of support, but that is to be expected.

Uptime Guarantee
    Linode.com provides a 99.9% uptime guarantee on all Linode hardware, and on network connectivity. In any given month, if your Linode is down for more than 0.1%, you may request a pro-rated credit for the down-time.

They also have a lovely status tracker and keep it very informed: http://status.linode.com/

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • Here is the ticket that took me a bit to get resolved.

• Freevps.us bench script as well.

• MistravalMistraval Member
    edited September 2015

@Mun said:

>

1. You don't need an SLA, however if you are running a business and have paying customers it is idiotic for you not to have a hosting provider with a SLA. My guess is once they get everything resolved they will give you a credit accordingly. They have done this with my downtime that I had received a few months back.

>

1. Sending multiple tickets of the same sort generally cause the provider to merge the two tickets together. I have had this happen multiple times when I was in a panic. When I asked why they simple said they already had a ticket on it and are working on it. Have they deleted all your tickets, or just your duplicate ones?

>

1. If you aren't liking the answer you are getting from one source, then try another method. I have had to use this a ton with other companies as they simply refused to work with me one way or another.
    1. An SLA does not guarantee uptime. At best I will receive some sort of compensation for the downtime. It doesn't prevent me from losing customers. Whether or not you think using a host without an SLA is idiotic is irrelevant.

2. They have deleted every single ticket so far. I couldn't care less if they just merged tickets, that's common practice and I would have no issue with that at all. Deleting tickets however is a whole different story.

3. It's not that I don't like the answer, it's that I'm not even given one to begin with. Whether or not you've had to try different methods of contacting hosts in the past does not justify anything. Nor would I ever stick with a provider that refused to support their customers.

@Mun said: If uptime is highly important to you I really do suggest linode! https://www.linode.com/ They have always had great uptime for me and respond to tickets within 5 to 15 minutes. You have to pay more for that kind of support, but that is to be expected.

My other 5 VPS are with Ramnode which I have never had an issue with. Customer support, uptime or otherwise. As I touched on previously, I specifically needed an IP from INIZ's allocation for this application.

Regarding your uptime with your server at INIZ, that's awesome however that has no bearing on this outage or how INIZ has chosen to handle it.

• If you have been hanging around the forum long enough you know a company changing hand is almost a red alert for get ready to switch host. The previous owner despite staying onboard will gradually lose control over the company. If you care about your company/business data these are stuff to watch out for.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @belinik said:
    If you have been hanging around the forum long enough you know a company changing hand is almost a red alert for get ready to switch host. The previous owner despite staying onboard will gradually lose control over the company. If you care about your company/business data these are stuff to watch out for.

Haven't really been around the forums prior to this fiasco. I wasn't even aware they were acquired, I never received an email. Makes sense though.

• @Mistraval said:
    I never received an email. Makes sense though.

Me either.. Which is very disappointing..

• belinikbelinik Member
    edited September 2015

really... i got mine at november so I assume you guys got it also

Mistraval said: Haven't really been around the forums prior to this fiasco. I wasn't even aware they were acquired, I never received an email. Makes sense though.

ATHK said: Me either.. Which is very disappointing..

http://i.imgur.com/D3iu2XZ.png

my sub ran out at March so I switched as there are many other alternative that offer similar location/network.