Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Giveaway 128MB/256MB Ram, 10GB HDD (BHS OVH) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Giveaway 128MB/256MB Ram, 10GB HDD (BHS OVH)

2»

Comments

• @cnsoft yep. And @MartinD I know, right? xD

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@Jeffrey said: @MartinD I know, right? xD

I don't think you're meant to take that as a compliment...

• @cnsoft said: 17 year old?

I've often wondered if a 17 year old can legally enter into a binding contract with customers or others without parental consent...

• @Infinity It's called sarcasm ;)

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@kbeezie said: I've often wondered if a 17 year old can legally enter into a binding contract with customers or others without parental consent...

Depends on country/state etc.

• @kbeezie IDK, why don't you ask all the Summer/Winter hosts here?

• @Jeffrey said: @kbeezie IDK, why don't you ask all the Summer/Winter hosts here?

:P Normally I don't know their ages unless they tell me. And it normally wouldn't be an issue until it is an issue hehe. (besides asking them would be pointless as they probably wouldn't know either, probably don't have a lawyer to ask either).

• @kbeezie Well, I was 16 when I launched ChromiumHosting (Last December) and I didn't run into any issues with my age.

• @Jeffrey said: @kbeezie Well, I was 16 when I launched ChromiumHosting (Last December) and I didn't run into any issues with my age.

That's always good to not run into an issue, I just think that some customers are not going to really trust putting their services into the hands of a minor, particularly where accountability is an issue.

• @kbeezie GHS isn't my only income, GHS is backed up financially by over $5,000. Not going anywhere and I've learned from my mistakes with ChromiumHosting.

• So that means GHS is still less than a year old? (well ChromiumHosting was started last december exactly a year), not sure which mistakes you're refering to.

• JeffreyJeffrey Member
    edited December 2012

@kbeezie I started GHS in September of this year and sold ChromiumHosting in August of this year to FTNHosting.

• @Jeffrey said: @kbeezie I started GHS in September of this year and sold ChromiumHosting in August of this year to FTNHosting.

With as new as it is, why didn't you go the route of using CentOS6 and using vSwap on OpenVz as opposed to still using 'burst ram'? Mainly curious. As I understand it, vSwap is better than using Burst ram (mainly because OpenVz has to over allocate per process without vSwap hence the need for burst).

Anywho, not going to post more beyond this since it's going off track.

• @kbeezie I thought HyperVM only supports CentOS 5x?

• kbeeziekbeezie Member
    edited December 2012

@Jeffrey said: @kbeezie I thought HyperVM only supports CentOS 5x?

Wasn't aware you could run OpenVZ and HyperVM on the exact same node though... The vSwap support needs CentOS6+, and would apply to the node OpenVz is installed on. (PS: on a side note I find KVM better than HyperVM/Xen-HVM).

• I for one enjoyed them pictures, nice 2 pack!

I wonder if that is gained from just the gym though...

@MannDude said: shirtless mirror pictures of yourself

• @Jacob It's actually just gained via fat loss, and using my ab roller. I don't use the ab machines at the gym.

• Following, mpkossen :)