Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS Giveaway 128MB/256MB Ram, 10GB HDD (BHS OVH)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS Giveaway 128MB/256MB Ram, 10GB HDD (BHS OVH)

JeffreyJeffrey Member
edited December 2012 in General

Hello everyone,

Over at GHS, we are getting very excited to start offering VPS servers out of Beauhrnois, Canada with OVH. Since we only purchased the node yesterday, we are doing a giveaway for a FREE VPS server.

VPS Specs:
128MB Ram/256MB Burst
10GB HDD
250GB Monthly Bandwidth

Node Specs:
Intel Core i5 3570S - 4x 3.1 GHz
16 GB DDR3 RAM
2 x 2TB HDD Raid 1
HyperVM/OpenVZ

To enter the contest, you must follow me on Instagram and on Twitter, personal accounts. Business accounts for GHS will come later. After following me on either networks, please comment below saying you did with your account name. The winner will randomly be selected. After you receive your VPS, we require you to write a review of the VPS on WHT. Have fun and good luck! :)

http://instagram.com/jeffrey_wiggin
http://twitter.com/jeffthepcgeek
http://jeffthecomputergeek.com
http://gridhostingsolutions.com

Comments

• @Jack IDK, do giveaways go under offers?

• Read this thread - http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/6300/vps-giveaway-abusers039-paradise

VPS Giveaway = asking for trouble. And AFAIK OVH doesn't need much before it pulls the trigger.

• @rds100 We are ready for the abusers and we are aware of the OVH issue. No problems here. :)

• @rds100 said: VPS Giveaway = asking for trouble. And AFAIK OVH doesn't need much before it pulls the trigger.

>

He's only giving away a single tiny instance, how much abuse could that bring?

• @skirtTight Yep, only 1 instance will be given away. If the winner abuses our network/node, we will simply terminate it. I have administrated multiple servers before with 100+ free shared hosting clients, I am ready for what comes in the VPS world.

• http://instagram.com/jeffrey_wiggin

I just think it's odd you want someone to follow your personal instagram account that appears to have a good chunk of shirtless mirror pictures of yourself. I think that would work better on a forum that isn't catered towards an industry mostly supported by dudes.

• @MannDude said: I just think it's odd you want someone to follow your personal instagram account that appears to have a good chunk of shirtless mirror pictures of yourself. I think that would work better on a forum that isn't catered towards an industry mostly supported by dudes.

I wonder a lot about the "dudes" here.

• @manndude LOL so true! Didn't think about that. Well, I honestly don't care since I NEED more followers there. :)

• After you receive your VPS, we require you to write a review of the VPS on WHT.

I'm pretty sure that's not allowed on WHT?

• ihatetonyyihatetonyy Member
    edited December 2012

@Jeffrey said: you must follow me on Instagram

Can we waive this requirement? Instagram is just awful in general.

EDIT: Dignity, what's that? Followed on Twitter and Instagram since it seems like at this point I'm a shoo-in for a free VPS.

• @MannDude said: I think that would work better on a forum that isn't catered towards an industry mostly supported by dudes.

:P

• not everyone have instagram account...

• DavidxDavidx Member
    edited December 2012

Just another instance in which grid hostings will be sold.. (and if sold to urpad for example such as.. chromium) free giveaways will become invalid and terminated. (no profit) Plus no one here wants to see you shirtless..on instagram.. help my eyes.. (any active lady lowenders?.. anyways?)

• @arieonline said: not everyone have instagram account...

me too..

• @Jeffrey said: The winner will randomly be selected. After you receive your VPS, we require you to write a review of the VPS on WHT

good LUCK

• I don't trust it.

• I'd better pay $12/y for, say, FRHosting VPS, rather than looking at your socially active 17 year old photos.

• @Jeffrey said: To enter the contest, you must follow me on Instagram and on Twitter, personal accounts. Business accounts for GHS will come later. After following me on either networks, please comment below saying you did with your account name. The winner will randomly be selected. After you receive your VPS, we require you to write a review of the VPS on WHT.

gee, you sure do enjoy encouraging others to break websites' terms of service

• @gubbyte Fine then, no review required. :) And @HalfEatenPie I am serious, I have 4 free IP addresses with OVH, this VPS I'm giving away costs me nearly nothing, so why not?

• @Liam, those comments are made by my jackass friends. haha

• And of course, that is the same instracrap ( I can understand twitter, but instacrap? Why the hell?! ) you give out and force people to follow when advertising a business.

Real professional, indeed.

• @Wintereise Indeed, it is. :)

• Hello..
    I've followed uour instagram & twitter
    My id for both is: Octars

• @octars thanks :)

• Visited instagram... feels like I visited a bait-page for Jerry Sandusky... thanks.

• @kbeezie haha.

Anyways, everyone. I have decided on a few plans. I'm either going to offer Semi-Dedicated Servers (Dedicated Server Node Is Split Into 3 VPS Servers)

5GB Ram, 500GB HDD, Unmettered 100Mbps, OpenVZ = $30/Month

And the $14/Year 128MB/256MB Ram Burst, 10GB HDD, 250GB Bandwidth.

If I do the Semi-Dedicated Server plan, I would earn $30 per node.

• But what if if you will do openvz/kvm vps and sell for some bucks and you could have more people per server and probably it will bring you more money.

• concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited December 2012

@Jeffrey said: If I do the Semi-Dedicated Server plan, I would earn $30 per node.

I don't think it is wise to expose any profit margins. Are you paying tax? Is there insurance? Have you factored in staff costs? Is it 24/7 support? What about Paypal and other gateway costs?

I think you're taking this too simple. The equation is NOT as straight forward. Just some advice. You also need to buffer for chargebacks (take into consideration what happened to Chromium) and other disasters.

• 17 year old?

• Just. wow.