Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone purchased MW3 yet :P
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone purchased MW3 yet :P

Ash_HawkridgeAsh_Hawkridge Member
edited November 2011 in General

Anyone purchased/played it yet. My girlfried has bought it me for christmas, which mean's i cant play on it until then and i cant go out and buy it myself. Just wanted to know what the game-play was like.

Everyone is going to be ahead of me before i even get it :(

Comments

• Uh no. I would never pay $60 for a map pack.

• Hey
    I torrented MW3 and BF3 (I always do that before i buy a game)
    But BF3 has better gameplay, better missions, and much better graphics
    But all with all, mw3 is good, has some good new weapons in it, and better graphics than mw2 ofcourse
    I'm getting the Legit BF3 in 3 weeks

• Never liked them type of games. Anyhow Need for speed the run is coming out next week. Carnt wait!!

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

Am I the only one who thinks that games are an utter waste of valuable time?

• @VMPort said: Yep :P

+1

• I realize that you guys may be a fan of Mason Wyler but is this really the place for this discussion?

:)

• Lmao, I wondered when you would appear with some sarcasm :P

• Hey, I'm not one to judge. What you guys do at home and what videos you're watching are your concern. More power to you and all that.

:)

• @drmike said: I realize that you guys may be a fan of Mason Wyler but is this really the place for this discussion?

You are just jealous because you can't geek with us :P

• drmikedrmike Member
    edited November 2011

I'll drop you a copy of my 2 dissertations. :)

edit: I'm more of a RPG and sim player. Dragon Age and Civilization 5 for example.

• With that comment, i would say he could out-geek us anyday of the week :)

• iKockaiKocka Member
    edited November 2011

@xprotocept said: But BF3 has better gameplay, better missions, and much better graphics

You only played singleplayer, so you can't really comment. Graphic is indeed better in BF3, however Origin is still very buggy. If you prefer more realistic battle then BF3 is the right choice for you. MW3 has awesome survival mode and maps, where you don't need to sprint for 3 minutes to come to enemies.

• COD game's to me are just fun but at the same time a challege. BF3 from what friends have said is serious, tactical stuff. And its not alway's about that, which is why i like COD.

• @iKocka said: where you don't need to sprint for 3 minutes to come to enemies.

Agree :S and then you get killed... lol

• @yomero

In 1 shot aswell :(

• i have it but still think black ops is better. :P

• xprotoceptxprotocept Member
    edited November 2011

@daimonb said: i have it but still think black ops is better. :P

ugh ugh

BO is stupid lol, Even cod1 is better than black snops

• I think its just a matter of getting used to the new one. When i got black OPs i swore that MW2 was better, then after a few month's i changed my mind :P

• @VMport

How old are you? lol...

• You know @VMPort, you could just change her mind....

• @drmike

Change a woman's mind, you must have some serious skills i need to know about.

• @drmike said: edit: I'm more of a RPG and sim player. Dragon Age and Civilization 5 for example.

NO! Civilization III is so much better than IV and V, they've dumbed down the game way too much, it makes me sad :(.

As far as MW3 goes...the FoV is locked at 60 and you cannot turn off head bobbing, so in my opinion it's pretty bad...Now if you were interested in playing on a console, it's probably not bad.

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

The single player was good but, as usual, way over the top :P It was an awesome ending to the series, though!

I'm not much for MW*'s multiplayer.

Francisco

• @Kairus My Civ5 playing was a fluke. A couple of the webcomics I read, the artists were delaying since they were playing the game and lost track of time. I actually hated the first one. Every time I started playing, one little barbarian unit would wipe out everything right at the beginning. On the baby setting.

• @Infinity said: Am I the only one who thinks that games are an utter waste of valuable time?

no, you're not :)

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • BoltersdriveerBoltersdriveer Member, LIR
    edited November 2011

Don't buy it. Look here: www.metacritic.com/game/pc/call-of-duty-modern-warfare-3/user-reviews

@Infinity said: Am I the only one who thinks that games are an utter waste of valuable time?

It's just for a pastime, and for joy and entertainment ;D . Without laughter, there is no joy.

• You can buy a Russian CD key for $30 and then patch it to English. Save your monies!

• I was planning on buying it however due to the number of projects I have going on at the moment I decided I wouldn't even get around to playing it until Christmas. After hearing from a few friends though they all agreed it was basically a map pack to MW2 so I may get BF3 instead.