Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Community Advisor Role, come get one!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Community Advisor Role, come get one!

LeeLee Veteran
edited September 2015 in General

As some of you will know from this thread LET has set up a new role for Community Advisors. @mpkossen has given a hint of what this is all about in the first post.

At the moment we have started that group of with myself, @Nekki, @Jar and @AnthonySmith. @mpkossen, @mikho and @Jcaleb will have some oversight as the current staff.

We are currently looking for another member to join us so that we get off to a good start during the first 3 months.

What does it involve?

Good question, at the moment our first focus is on revamping the forum guidelines and also creating some new guidelines for Moderators to ensure the same consistent approach is applied in a variety of situations, regardless of who the member or provider is.

We have already started to think how we will move out of the role in three months and start to invite other members to take over and continue with the work this first group has started.

Beyond that? Well it's early days, we have ideas of course and we want to get those ideas down and work out which are the most realistic to achieve.

What do we need?

We need one more member to join us for the next few months to help out with those items we have started and get started on other ideas.

Who do we need?

We wan't someone who has a genuine interest in LET, it needs to be someone who can calmly but actively chip in with views and ideas. An active member who has been around for a while and knows LET well, the issues it has and what will make it a better place.

Who we don't need

We don't need someone who does not believe in what we are trying to do and is volunteering just to be an annoyance to the process, nor do we need someone who harbours a chip about CC ownership of the site.

Our focus is to work on what we can change, not what we can't. That would simply be counter productive and end up being nothing better than an LET drama thread, AKA pointless.

So if you are interested all you need to do is drop @Lee, @Nekki, @jar or @AnthonySmith a PM telling us why you want in.

Not looking for a novel here, just a couple of lines telling us what you are bringing to the role.

We will give it a few days, certainly until Tuesday to allow people time to see this and then we will have a look through the volunteers and we will let you know!

Thanked by 2Nekki jcaleb

Comments

• Will I get the "Advisor" cub badge?

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

If you get the role, yes. It's in the post kind of thing.

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Looks like a great plan @Lee. Looking forward to seeing the community benefit from the refined approach.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • I volunteer for tribute. ;-)

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • Pwner said: I volunteer for tribute. ;-)

You sure about that??

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Tribute

Thanked by 1FlamesRunner
  • It's good to see jar listed. I hope @ATHK or @netomx will consider doing this.

• I would encourage anyone who feels they fit the bill to apply.

• @badpatrick said:
    It's good to see jar listed. I hope ATHK or netomx will consider doing this.

Nawwwww thanks! I'd apply but netomx will destroy me in a vote ha-ha.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ATHK said: Nawwwww thanks! I'd apply but netomx will destroy me in a vote ha-ha.

You never know until you try, there won't be a vote as such, if we can't decide on one person it may end up with a few names in a hat and first out gets the wooden spoon.

• @Lee said:
    You never know until you try, there won't be a vote as such, if we can't decide on one person it may end up with a few names in a hat and first out gets the wooden spoon.

Count me in then.

Thanked by 2badpatrick FrankZ
  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Count me in also.

Thanked by 2badpatrick Radi
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

@ATHK & @drserver

Just drop any of us a PM with a short note as to what you can bring to the show.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Xount me in

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited September 2015

Wan't = want

Good luck @netomx, and seriously, the next thing after community advisors this community needs is better DDOS protection. This RioRey stuff is like sh!t. Connection timed out errors @ CF.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Sure. I doubt that anything will be changed, but it's a glimmer of hope that I'm willing to grab to make LET better than the shitehole it is.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

I also think @netomx would be a good addition, but there are other very capable members too, so good luck to all the proponents :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

Just a reminder that if you are interested you need to:

So if you are interested all you need to do is drop @Lee, @Nekki, @jar or @AnthonySmith a PM telling us why you want in.

Not looking for a novel here, just a couple of lines telling us what you are bringing to the role.

If we do not get a PM from you then you won't be considered, it's just so we are sure that anyone who shows a tentative interest here or elsewhere does actually want to apply.

• So now when we got rid off Spirit with his olf LEB/T values and Maarten picked up right people to completely fuck up LEB/T within his own vision of changes we can finally expect to fundamentally ruin last LEB/T values starting with $7 price threshold increase and similar?

What I get from your request of new committee advisers is that you're not tolerating any opposition. Either be the follower or gtfo, right?

• GuanYu said: we got rid off Spirit

Nobody got rid of him, he was asked by Maarten to step down as admin, not to leave the staff group, that was his choice.

GuanYu said: we can finally expect to fundamentally ruin last LEB/T values starting with $7 price threshold increase and similar?

Really, you just trying to impress the other children?

GuanYu said: What I get from your request of new committee advisers is that you're not tolerating any opposition. Either be the follower or gtfo, right?

No, what was said:

Our focus is to work on what we can change, not what we can't. That would simply be counter productive and end up being nothing better than an LET drama thread, AKA pointless.

Exactly the point you are demonstrating.

Thanked by 3jar AnthonySmith vedran
  • Viva la revolución!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

GuanYu said: Maarten picked up right people to completely fuck up LEB/T

Thanks for your vote of confidence, not sure what exactly I have done to deserve a completely unfounded and childish attack.

Thanked by 3Lee netomx jcaleb
  • GuanYu said: we can finally expect to fundamentally ruin last LEB/T values starting with $7 price threshold increase and similar?

It's planned.

• kcaj said: It's planned.

No it's not.

• Lee said: No it's not.

We'll see Community Puppet Advisor.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Can I have Community Misleader?

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • Rather than let this turn to shit, couldn't the sceptics give us a chance to prove what we're doing is worthwhile?

• The law of two feet is not something known to all people, I see.

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I am going to apply sometime. That time is not now however. I want to see how this first term goes for people and see.

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Can we make suggestions for the Community Advisors to consider? If yes I would suggest restoring the integrity of LET by freeing it from the clutches of ColoCrossing.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

gsrdgrdghd said: If yes I would suggest restoring the integrity of LET by freeing it from the clutches of ColoCrossing.

Then you could consider making a good financial offer to the actual owners.

Thanked by 4Lee netomx Pwner 4n0nx
This discussion has been closed.