Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The New Apple Products (iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Pro) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

The New Apple Products (iPhone 6S, iPhone 6S Plus, iPad Pro)

Comments

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2015

@Lee said:
    No, he said if your product had one, you have failed.

So, Apple failed?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited September 2015

Infinity580 said: So, Apple failed?

Sure they did, whatever you need to hear ;)

/ pats little android fanboy on the head

• @Infinity580 said:
    So, Apple failed?

It's not a stylus. No-one in their right mind is going to be using that to tap around the screen.

Thanked by 1jar
  • nexmarknexmark Member
    edited September 2015

@Infinity580 said:

Steve was referring to the iPhone having a capacitive touch screen which didn't need a stylus Unlike a resistive touch screen.

As @jar said, the Apple pencil is a good competitor for this device

https://store.wacom.com/us/en/product/DTK1300/?gclid=COzk-qaX7ccCFRCCaQodMeEHzA

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jar said:
    their products are overpriced crap

Sounds funny when you are then going to mention Apple as an alternative :)

Thanked by 1jar
  • They just raised the prices in Germany by a lot:

iphone 6s 16GB Germany: 739€
    iphone 6s 16GB USA: 649$ (~575€)

iphone 6s plus 16GB Germany: 849€
    iphone 6s plus 16GB USA: 749$ (~663€)

But telling everyone at the keynote, that the prices will be the same as the last models while the last models were 699€ and 799€.

• @tr1cky said:
    They just raised the prices in Germany by a lot:

iphone 6s 16GB Germany: 739€
    iphone 6s 16GB USA: 649$ (~575€)

iphone 6s plus 16GB Germany: 849€
    iphone 6s plus 16GB USA: 749$ (~663€)

But telling everyone at the keynote, that the prices will be the same as the last models while the last models were 699€ and 799€.

They only mentioned the dollar prices, so meh. UK prices are the same for the 6S, actually a bit cheaper for the 6S+

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited September 2015

Nekki said: They only mentioned the dollar prices, so meh. UK prices are the same for the 6S, actually a bit cheaper for the 6S+

Well, this could've been the first iPhone ever for me, since I'm a bit tired of Samsung's update policy and I'm not expecting much of a Huawei Nexus device and the Nexus 5 2015 doesn't seem to be in the highend-sector and there's no Android manufacturer with good update support.
    But that price-tag is huge :(

• @tr1cky said:
    But that price-tag is huge :(

The Nexus 5 2015 is fugly not to mention the Huawei Nexus, oh god.

• i'm gonna get a new phone soon, and my wife told me to buy iphone, i just confused about what can you see from iphone than android phone, i mean people willing to queue just to get this phone, it's just a phone, for me.

• @SkylarM said:

Wouldn't the "Pro" count as stealing?

You have to love when a 3 year old prediction comes true:

Thanked by 1GM2015
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Jar said: Meme it up, but that pencil is one of two things:

1. A quality accessory for a small market.

Seriously, my friend the fine artist will love it and the other 99% of humanity couldn't care less. There is nothing I want to do with a stylus. Who wants to write? I do if it's a love note to my wife but day-to-day work? We have keyboards.

I understand that creatives are a core market for Apple, which is fine. I hope they do well with it, but it's like announcing a great new feature for Garageband - yeah, if you're a musician, wonderful; for 99% of us, fast forward.

My reaction to the "event" was one of massive disappointment, for one main reason: iPad Pro doesn't have a USB-C. WTF?

I could not care less how thin something is. I'd prefer an iPhone that was 2x as thick and had 2x battery life. I'd prefer an iPad that has a USB because then I can carry as much data with me as I want.

And btw, WTF is with devices topping out at 128GB? Does everyone have unlimited data plans and live in LTE-rich environments? The cloud is nice for some things, but onboard is needed for others.

The iPad Pro looks like the Surface...ugh. The Surface sucks. I've owned one. I did not like:

• the way the keyboard disconnects way too easily from the unit and the way MSFT's software only sometimes rerecognizes it when you reconnect it (typicaly MSFT software quality)
    • Windows 8, but of course no one did
    • the keyboard was awful to type on so I never did - too cramped
    • the form factor just does not work. If I'm going to type on a portable device, it'll be on my laptop and the Surface SUCKS on a laptop because the weight is on the screen not the keyboard.

I did like the battery life of the power keyboard but really who wants to buy a tablet and then spend another $200 on a keyboard?

Apple could have had a game changer with Pro but didn't. I like the iPad but my next one will likely be non-Pro because, well, there's no real reason to get a Pro. It's an iPad with a bigger screen. Kind of like the iPad was an iPod with a bigger screen...

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

raindog308 said: Seriously, my friend the fine artist will love it and the other 99% of humanity couldn't care less. There is nothing I want to do with a stylus. Who wants to write? I do if it's a love note to my wife but day-to-day work? We have keyboards.

Oh definitely. I can only see through the designer lens, I expect that particular announcement is of no value to anyone else. I'm a sysadmin at heart, but a design student by degree ;)

• Jar said: Wacom is the only accepted standard for these kind of things right now and quite frankly, their products are overpriced crap.

No-one else can make a decent tablet. Conclusion? Overpriced c**p.

• I always though Apple overpriced their products.

I personally love Android, because there's a wide variety of options (some better than others).

• @telephone said:

This :-P. No comment for iPhone 6S but for iPad Pro, it sucks.

I love my Surface Pro 3 (with Windows 10) and do not see why I should buy an iPad Pro. If I am going to use the tablet + PC (Office, MS Project, MS Visio, VS Studio, etc.), then a Surface Pro should be better IMHO. However if using tablet only, my current iPad Air is ok enough for all my needs.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

Now I can say that " I can't even afford a pencil "

• adxn said: Now I can say that " I can't even afford a pencil "

Hmm! Certainly buy a bundle of good 50-100pens @ that price....

• I have the Surface Pro 3. It's awesome. I'm not sure if I want to give up the USB port / microSD feature.

• If I wanted an Ipad I would be more tempted with the Surface.

Having said that I still love my MacBook Air. Goes everywhere, fits in most everything and I carry it about all day like a notepad. Start up and ready to use in under 30 seconds.

Works great through the office GFE and I just can't fault it really.

• I L-O-V-E it.

I can't wait for the next dividend distribution :P

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran
    Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • Can you guys play Pokemon ROMs on your iPhones yet?

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited September 2015

@hostnoob said:
    Can you guys play Pokemon ROMs on your iPhones yet?

http://www.androidpolice.com/2015/08/21/google-will-finally-fix-the-infamous-mobile-radio-active-bug-in-android-6-0/

Stuck on Android under 6.0?

Good game, enjoy your battery drain

Say what you will about iOS/Apple, The experience on Android is horrible when it comes to updates too many ends tied with it unless you have like a Nexus or phone with like a custom rom like Oneplus.

Anybody get their stagefright patch yet? (You should have, Unless your phone isn't a flagship)

• hostnoob said: Can you guys play Pokemon ROMs on your iPhones yet?

I just installed a couple of emulators to do that. Been able to do it for 3/4 years IIRC.

• 6S ordered for the missus, and now the Apple store is in meltdown.

• How many kidneys do I need to sell to buy iPhone 6S Plus?

• Sherlock said: How many kidneys do I need to sell to buy iPhone 6S Plus?

Your own + at least one donor.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Thanked by 24n0nx jamson
  • I'm using 6.0. :D