Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ddos mitigation list - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ddos mitigation list

2»

Comments

• I ordered DDoS protected IP because I am on the undernet IRC network and the IP are showed. Of course I have a cservice account and I set umode +x before joining any channel but there still a bit of danger to discover the IP, for example, by putting my nickname in their notify list.

I noticed, at least on undernet, that most attack are UDP flood. All those protections are good against UDP flood? Is RamNode Seattle (CNservers) better than BuyVM (Voxility) against UDP flood?

I also plan to connect to EFnet and there you can't hide your IP.

• It would be very nice if all IRCd supports SASL (identify to service before connection to the network)

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2015

pascalp said: I noticed, at least on undernet, that most attack are UDP flood. All those protections are good against UDP flood? Is RamNode Seattle (CNservers) better than BuyVM (Voxility) against UDP flood?

CNServers blocks all UDP when an attack happens minus DNS I think.

Voxility has a handful of open UDP port ranges to support teamspeak, DNS, XBOX (with some heavy adjustments on the users end) steam clients & games, openvpn, and some SIP related ones. While the ports are open there is usually a profile applied against it for that specific application which helps someone throwing udp.pl at your teamspeak and crap like that.

With that being said, if you wanted all UDP blocked to your IP with us you'd just have to ticket and ask such. We also have systems in place to deal with the 'OVH method' attacks that blow up blacklotus, OVH, and many others.

Francisco

Thanked by 2pascalp LordSpock