Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ddos mitigation list
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ddos mitigation list

Hi,

Could you order the following list from the best to the less good DDoS mitigation in your opinion of course.

Staminus, CNServer, Black Lotus, Voxility, and all the oters.

I have a protected IP with buyvm and I will maybe buy one from ramnode seattle

Comments

• Voxility, CNServer, Staminus

• LordSpockLordSpock Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2015

Voxility - Staminus (equal)

CNServers

No Protection

Black Lotus

• LordSpock said: Voxility - Staminus (equal) CNServers No Protection Black Lotus

Haha, is black lotus that bad?

@black said:

Past experience with them, they applied too many filters that it couldn't actually connect to the internet without dropping packets - not the first time it's happened either ;)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

pascalp said: Staminus, CNServer, Black Lotus, Voxility, and all the oters.

Here is my list, based on how cool the names sound:

Black Lotus - it's an awesome, super rare Magic: the Gathering card!

Staminus - I imagine a horse with a giant erection, pounding away for hours. (Seems logical to pair with Ramnode).

Voxility - wasn't that the Internet phone company that went out of business...?

CNServer - sounds like a type of tear gas they use to control crowds

• Voxility

Voxility

Voxility

No protection

I made my list.

• Honestly in all truthfullness, it's going to come down to what type of protection you need exactly... All have their strong points, and all have their weaknesses. All of them (at least listed) I believe filter using different gear and techniques as well.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited September 2015

While registering for Voxility I guess I put in the wrong validation phone code... I get called 10 minutes later by a representative and was like wtf? Lol he said there was an error in the system and got me the right code. Was pretty surprising. Good customer service right there ~

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

We offer ddos protection as well. Up to 100gbit.

• IshaqIshaq Member
    edited September 2015

jbiloh said: We offer ddos protection as well. Up to 100gbit.

Does it work though?

Can I test this service out?

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

Psychz Networks ;)

• @PhotonVPS said:
    Psychz Networks ;)

When can we expect 100Gbps?

• PhotonVPSPhotonVPS Member, Host Rep

@Ishaq said:
    When can we expect 100Gbps?

Contact our sales department ;)

• Ishaq said: Does it work though?

Can I test this service out?

I don't know if it works, but LET is using cloudflare, instead of CC's own protection.

Thanked by 3bersy HRxM2 gsrdgrdghd
  • 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited September 2015

100Gbit DDoS protection "in Buffalo only" *

*warning, DDoS protection only applies to physical DDoS of the node. With Buffaloes. 100Gbit of Buffaloes.

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited September 2015
    • CNServers: Great for websites, great L7 protection, not good for udp services and gameservers

• Black Lotus: Can still be taken down by every booter out there, just send a TCP attack

• Staminus: Good protection, but a lot of false positives, especially for udp services

• Voxility: Depends heavily on the provider, ginernet with Voxility is good, linevast with Voxility is good, BuyVM with Voxility is like riding a dead horse.

• Thanks all. Thanks tr1cky!

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@LordSpock said:

Blacklotus are a great ISP and DDoS Protected Provider. used them for the last 7 months and they blow other competition out of the water. would of not said this at first as they was using Nsfocus based Mitigation and it was awful. but since using their Arbor Platform it has improved a lot.

There is always a BL Tech on standby ready to help filter out attacks that leak through. it's not perfect. but it works and keeps quality of service even when under Large Floods.

tr1cky said: Staminus: Good protection, but a lot of false positives, especially for udp services

Yes because their filtering is custom made and is not that great. So the Protection is not great at all. it is worse then BL.

tr1cky said: Black Lotus: Can still be taken down by every booter out there, just send a TCP attack

No it cannot be taken down from every booter on the Internet.

jbiloh said: We offer ddos protection as well. Up to 100gbit.

Yes that you claim to offer the best Protection in the Industry and nothing can rival it. Yet LET is back on cloudflare again lol

@jmckeag12 said:
    Yes that you claim to offer the best Protection in the Industry and nothing can rival it. Yet LET is back on cloudflare again lol

Black Lotus can be dropped by IMCP attack, i tried it - they they applied too many filters when I got attacks to make it unreachable ;>

• NexHostNexHost Member
    edited September 2015

@LordSpock said:

I don't have this Problem and any issues I experience is fixed by BL.

Their filtering is adjusted based on the application and attack. this was explained by Ramndode when they switched from Staminus to BlackLotus. also they are now using BL for most of their Locations.

• letboxletbox Member, Patron Provider

We do DDoS mitigation.

@jmckeag12 said:

I use BL Direct, and with RamNode - have always had this issue. When using a provider that is competent, when they adjust their filters it continues to work. BL is fine for an uncomplex service like Web, but if you're looking into streaming/voice then you might as well forget it, as the attack variety is much more complex than a few Gbps to TCP:80

• @LordSpock said:
    I use BL Direct, and with RamNode - have always had this issue. When using a provider that is competent, when they adjust their filters it continues to work. BL is fine for an uncomplex service like Web, but if you're looking into streaming/voice then you might as well forget it, as the attack variety is much more complex than a few Gbps to TCP:80

Your paying $3 per IP on a service that would cost several $1,000 there is no L7 Mitigation apart from their WAF Product. that is $350 domain. Good Mitigation costs money. I do agree BL could improve. but I have seen them mitigate complex attacks without any issue and have had clients who are unhappy with the mitigation and clients who are Happy. but majority of the time it's if they are willing to wait.

@jmckeag12 said:
    Your paying $3 per IP on a service that would cost several $1,000 there is no L7 Mitigation apart from their WAF Product. that is $350 domain. Good Mitigation costs money. I do agree BL could improve. but I have seen them mitigate complex attacks without any issue and have had clients who are unhappy with the mitigation and clients who are Happy. but majority of the time it's if they are willing to wait.

I've got them direct... still unhappy with them. I am not doubting their web protection. But for complex services ($25,000/month+ projects - I can more than afford BlackLotus if I needed it) it won't protect. They can be taken down just like an unprotected host if you fiddle with a few scripts.

All providers discussed here I have used directly, and thats the experience I commented on.

Thanked by 2NexHost pascalp
  • jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

The most effective AntiDDoS

Thanked by 1ehab
  • vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited September 2015

@jmginer said:
    The most effective AntiDDoS

Cat6e LART can take 10gbps easy

• @tr1cky said: Voxility: Depends heavily on the provider, ginernet with Voxility is good, linevast with Voxility is good, BuyVM with Voxility is like riding a dead horse.

Interesting perspective. Care to elaborate on that last one ("…like riding a dead horse")?

• MonsteRMonsteR Member
    edited September 2015

This normally protects against most Attacks

But for a serious list, It would depend on the types of DDoS
    Layer 7 would go with cnservers
    Pure layer 4 voxility or NFOservers

For reasonable protection on both black lotus/RaptorNode new arbor networks systems in place instead of them crappy nsfocuse systems.

Or the ultimate protection would be setup your network to black hole after an attack, and auto pull a new lease from your /25 block everytime you get downed and having a Dynamic DNS setup so it will just rotate through your IPs, They actually give in after they realise their stresser doesn't have that many boots :D

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • jbiloh said: We offer ddos protection as well. Up to 100gbit.

Okay cloudflare.