Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a warning to providers: "TV streamers" / WBOT - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Just a warning to providers: "TV streamers" / WBOT

Comments

• @TheHackBox said: Where is my thanks button...

Keep stirring the pot as you guys love to start stuff between providers when this has been resolved by a misunderstanding of how I came across the information which I did not feel, at the time, was necessary to disclose until accusations of snooping through data started to come through.

• KrisKris Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: Don't make an ass out of yourself by making assumptions.

I'm not. I just know you're full of shit and don't have a proprietary system. Cheers.

• Well isn't somebody on the friendly side tonight :)

You got some burning rectal itch too?

• Terrible rectal itch, goes by bamn on LET.

I need some Twat-away.

• @Kris tell me more about DPI from a provider standpoint

• KrisKris Member
    edited November 2012

@bamn said: @Kris discussing company infrastructure would violate our company privacy policy. Sorry

I laughed about using it, because it would be daft to use to cover up your WBOT kerfuffle, let alone as a provider of VPS machines.

I was simply wondering how besides: looking for outliers in resources, snooping on processes or files you did your magic filtering. DPI was a guess.

Once I got goot enough at mod security, I stopped trying to setup SonicWall properly. No DPI master here.

You've got the monitoring magic. I'm guessing your secret proprietary device does use resource outliers to "trip the monitors"

• Seeing as 99% of the people don't really have their own network or routing gear, DPI isn't really a solution.

And besides, this is the 'guilty until proven innocent' standpoint, hardly something your clients will respect you for.

(I don't know about you guys, but I have better things to do than implementing an actual DPI Solution, that you know, 'works.')

• KrisKris Member
    edited November 2012

@Wintereise said: (I don't know about you guys, but I have better things to do than implementing an actual DPI Solution, that you know, 'works.')

100% agreed. I just had space at NAC Cedar Knolls / a qtr rack there, which is why I even tried it back in the day.

It never "worked" and almost all of the filtering lists for were Windows based servers.
    Then again this was long before their acquisition by Dell. Also is why I gave up with SonicWall and instead got serious with mod_security for a proper web application firewall.

• Given the last couple Bamn threads he's probably an effective troll at heart.

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited November 2012

bamn, calm down friend. If people here don't agree with you, just calm down. take it easy.

• WBOT looks like that Indian made filehost upload script, not free either.

Ah well.

• @kbeezie said: Given the last couple Bamn threads he's probably an effective troll at heart.

You missed the privacy freak out party, BAMN Fan Club President.

• Yeah those damn privacy freaks, how dare they to demand privacy on a private server!

• "You have no privacy, get over it"

• Scott McNealy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems
  • joepie91joepie91 Member, Patron Provider

@bamn said: "You have no privacy, get over it"

• Scott McNealy, co-founder of Sun Microsystems

"You are a slave, get over it"

• Anyone got some provider related new abuse things or has derailment been 100% successful into turning this into the Wednesday morning breakfast club meeting of the BAMN Fan Club?

LET may let me down elsewhere but never lets me down on derailment :)

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@bamn said: Anyone got some provider related new abuse things

It's been a pretty good month for us. One spammer, plenty of new orders. Highest average load at 2. Biggest disk abuser is me running backups.

• A guy running multiple Tor nodes found himself suspended for multiple reasons

WITHOUT SNOOPING AND THAT IS SOMETHING OTHERS ACCUSE ME OF WITHOUT ANY PROOF, I figured out it was Tor due to his RDNS requests that were pending. All the abuse complaints were different, not for the same reason (Spam, Botnet, DMCA, etc) so that was an interesting one.

• @bamn said: WITHOUT SNOOPING AND THAT IS SOMETHING OTHERS ACCUSE ME OF WITHOUT ANY PROOF

Where did you get accused of snooping? I just scanned quickly over the thread but couldn't find anything

edited November 2012

@bamn said: WITHOUT SNOOPING AND THAT IS SOMETHING OTHERS ACCUSE ME OF WITHOUT ANY PROOF, I figured out it was Tor due to his RDNS requests that were pending. All the abuse complaints were different, not for the same reason (Spam, Botnet, DMCA, etc) so that was an interesting one.

Plenty of things can be caught without snooping. Personally, I allow tor. Like any other use it's up to the client to not get a DMCA, and up to me to work with them or terminate them if they do. I can certainly see why many don't allow it though. Especially the wonderful exit nodes/"DMCA waiting to happen."

@gsrdgrdghd said: Where did you get accused of snooping? I just scanned quickly over the thread but couldn't find anything

The only references to snooping here were a misunderstanding between a few of us not being certain how to catch this abuse and his words about privacy. Easy misunderstanding to have given the order of events.

• @jarland said: The only references to snooping here were a misunderstanding between a few of us not being certain how to catch this abuse and his words about privacy.

I emphasized it so others could not make the same mistake again

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@bamn said: A guy running multiple Tor nodes found himself suspended for multiple reasons

WITHOUT SNOOPING AND THAT IS SOMETHING OTHERS ACCUSE ME OF WITHOUT ANY PROOF, I figured out it was Tor due to his RDNS requests that were pending.

You have no clue, do you ?

Tor blocks by default port 25 even if it is the most liberal exit policy.
    Tor nodes, exit or non-exit are public. There are special lists, you dont need to look at rDNS requests which a Tor operator will at most need to show his IP is a tor exit node so not be bothered with abuse reports.
    But then will be like this-is-a-tor-exit-node-dont-bother-me.domain.tld

• bamnbamn Member
    edited November 2012

@Maounique said: You have no clue, do you ?

I swear you can never win on here. I guess I have to give out more information to make our unfunny, lost in translation Romanian joke teller friend pleased:

WHMCS
    -> Answering his ticket, clicked "Other Tickets" ("hmmm, I wonder, has he had abuse problems in the past?")
    -> Saw his ticket in RDNS
    -> All his RDNS requests had Tor related requests.
    -> All his services with Tor related domain name requests were suspended for abuse after reports came in

• @bamn said: I swear you can never win on here

Then maybe you should stop being wrong all the time :)

• @gsrdgrdghd said: Then maybe you should stop being wrong all the time :)

You man crushing on me, brah?

• I just had sex!

And it felt so good?

• @gsrdgrdghd Is that a picture of yourself? Awesome beard!