Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from ChicagoVPS!!!! - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Stay away from ChicagoVPS!!!!

Comments

• So you're saying you have exceedingly low expectations?

@Lee said:
    I have used CVPS in the past, they have never failed my expectations.

• @jsergio123: Yeah, Chris knew what he was about, but he made his mark and moved on a long, long time ago, leaving only monkeys tending tech support. Actually, pardon my comment above (this to real monkeys). Been there, done that, got the t-shirt and... also moved on. And have never looked back. It's not that hard, really. You should try it. It really is a buyers' market :)

• jsergio123 said: Last week they messaged me and asked me to leave them a review here

It was probably an attempt at reverse psychology. They were hoping that you -wouldn't- leave a review because you subconsciously wouldn't want to be manipulated by them.

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited September 2015

k0nsl said: So you're saying you have exceedingly low expectations?

For the couple of $'s I spent and what I needed it for it did just fine.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

k0nsl said: exceedingly low expectations?

no, he said he have NONE

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Lee said:

For the couple of $'s I spent and what I needed it for it did just fine.

Mine as well and they even loaded some templates for me. Was kind of nice back in the day when they first came around.

• MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

jsergio123 said: Last week they messaged me and asked me to leave them a review here

Can you provide proof that they messaged you? A screenshot will do.

• Having services with CVPS. Complaining. Priceless.
    You could have known better. Why did you even use them at first? It's a known shithouse!

Thanked by 2TarZZ92 TheKiller
  • Last week they messaged me and asked me to leave them a review here

Now this is serious. Can you provide proof. In the case it is valid will any action be taken @mpkossen

• @TropiThomas said:
    Now this is serious. Can you provide proof. In the case it is valid will any action be taken mpkossen

Serious indeed, let's alert teh FBI!!!!!!!!111

• @Nekki said:
    Serious indeed, let's alert teh FBI!!!!!!!!111

It's been done before in the past and a host was banned, I want to say GVH but Jonny has been banned for everything

• TropiThomas said: Now this is serious. Can you provide proof. In the case it is valid will any action be taken @mpkossen

Serious how? Not sure I see the issue in a provider asking clients to review their services, providing it's honest and not done for any gain.

I have seen some providers on here put messages on their tickets and emails asking for people to review their services on this and other sites.

If CVPS offered anything in return for this persons review I doubt he will collect the prize :P

• TropiThomas said: It's been done before in the past and a host was banned, I want to say GVH but Jonny has been banned for everything

Shilling is bollocks, but that's not the same as asking a customer to write a review for you.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Nekki said:
    Shilling is bollocks, but that's not the same as asking a customer to write a review for you.

Yeah, thats what I mean't I think.

• TropiThomas said: Yeah, thats what I mean't I think.

Op never said anything about being asked to write a good review, just 'a review'. Let's not go fucking mental until there's some actual evidence of shithousery, eh.

Thanked by 1badpatrick
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited September 2015

It's serious enough to warrant some sort of investigation.™
    We have to sent out Agent Steven. Now.

• Amitz said: It's serious enough to warrant some sort of investigation.™

I'm not sure if I've told you how much I love you lately.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @Amitz said:
    It's serious enough to warrant some sort of investigation.™

It looks like @MannDude is on the case. Only because it's CC related though.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@joodle said:
    This is why you should have backups

and choose a provider that isn't chicagovps

(no offense there, @CVPS_Chris)

edited September 2015

Lee said: It looks like @MannDude is on the case. Only because it's CC related though.

You yourself like CVPS and their service as per your previous responses to anything CVPS related so you yourself should be curious if the statement he made was true or just an attempt at slandering a brand that you yourself enjoy.

Someone mentioned it offsite and thought it was interesting is all. It's either true or untrue. People make a lot of claims about those companies, some true and some untrue so simply asking for proof of that claim should be both understood and encouraged.

I don't really care if LET allows providers to ask their customers to review them here or not. I'm more curious if it's true that he was actually asked, and what the context was is all.

• NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2015

MannDude said: I don't really care if LET allows providers to ask their customers to review them here or not.

Do you see a problem with hosts doing this? I mean for any site, not just LET.

• MannDude said: I'm more curious

I am still confident that if it was not CC related you would not be here posting. That is all.

Nekki said: Do you see a problem with hosts doing this? I mean for any site, not just LET.

Yeah, to a degree. It's ripe for abuse especially from smaller and unknown providers who may ask their customer base to go write reviews on forums for certain incentives like discounts or freebies. Word of mouth is very valuable.

I don't think it's a big deal if a provider asks customers to write reviews of their services, so long as they offer no specific site to publish the review to and offer no incentive for writing one.

Like, if your support signature included, "Are you happy with your service? Please help us grow by writing a review and sharing your experience online!" ... That wouldn't bother me at all.

That is why I was curious if his statement was true, and if so, what the actual context was.

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • MannDude said: I don't think it's a big deal if a provider asks customers to write reviews of their services, so long as they offer no specific site to publish the review to and offer no incentive for writing one.

I'd disagree that targeting a particular site is wrong; I mean, if you know a large amount of your customer base is from a specific site it makes sense and it's not in anyway (that I can see anyway) underhanded. I'm not sure why you see a problem there, could you elaborate?

Clearly, we all agree offering incentives in return for positive reviews isn't an acceptable practice though, and if anyone is caught doing it then there should be repercussions.

Thanked by 1MannDude
  • No incentives or perks were offered to me for a positive review. I reached out to them via Facebook in hopes to get in touch with Chris because the tech support are effing retarded and I was getting no where. Eventually one of their guys "Yogesh" was able to straighten out my issues. So when they replied via Facebook I told them that Yogesh did a good job and they asked me to leave a review here. I don't see an issue with providers asking their clients to write an honest review anywhere but hey what do I know. I already made the mistake of writing a review on a review website according to some of you guys.

Thanked by 2MannDude lazyt
  • Wording's kind of leading, 'If you're happy leave us a review' but it's not like there's an incentive being offered.

EVERYBODY STAND DOWN, FALSE ALARM.

• Oh and that issue was outgoing packets on port 25 was being dropped by the gateway and all my clients outgoing mail was being dropped. Their solution was to just set me up a new container on a different node which I said was unacceptable. Yogesh migrated my container to a new node instead of me having to install everything again like other staff members were telling me I had to do.

• Nekki said: Wording's kind of leading, 'If you're happy leave us a review'

Indeed, however I can't see any provider saying "shit service? Don't just tell one person, tell everyone!".

• Lee said: Indeed, however I can't see any provider saying "shit service? Don't just tell one person, tell everyone!".

Well no, but 'Please let us know what you thought of our service by leaving a review on...' would be slightly less leading - it's the kind of thing a lot of hotels ask you to do on Tripadvisor and the like.

• I occurred to me that there is one benefit to having a new Chicago VPS review appear from time to time:

It refutes assertions that "We fixed the problems, we are a much better and different company now."