Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LET SSL - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LET SSL

2»

Comments

• @jbiloh said:
    What trouble are you having?

Sometimes mentions don't get an email. Yes I have enabled email notification for mentions.

Thanked by 1Silvenga
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

rm_ said: It sort of works, except that my 2 year old plea to re-enable full post content in E-Mail notifications still hasn't been addressed.

@mpkossen how do you feel about full post content in the emails? I like the idea.

• @rm_ said:
    It sort of works, except that my 2 year old plea to re-enable full post content in E-Mail notifications still hasn't been addressed.

You should contact Vanilla about that, or the author of the plug-in.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@mpkossen said:
    You should contact Vanilla about that, or the author of the plug-in.

Whats the plugin name? I might be able to fix that. I did actually fix a auto sink plugin for categories chosen by an admin.

• @jbiloh said:
    mpkossen how do you feel about full post content in the emails? I like the idea.

I like that idea, would be nice to see what people said directly in the email.

I also have problems with notifications with mentions. I don't get the email and it doesn't show up on the site at all either.

• CFarence said: I also have problems with notifications with mentions. I don't get the email and it doesn't show up on the site at all either.

I'm assuming you have the relevant preferences set to enable the notifications?

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited September 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    LET is behind cloudflare anyway, from what I understand enabling SSL is literally a click in the CloudFlare panel. Even terminating SSL at CloudFlare would be a huge step in the right direction as it would protect endusers in open WIFIs

Why not use an encrypted VPN? Most of us on LET are technology nerds, how hard could that be?

Other than that, no LET/LEB data has been leaked yet, so we should be fine for now.

(sighs)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

TheOnlyDK said: Sometimes mentions don't get an email.

Maybe those which you didn't get is when someone posts something, after that edits the post and only then adds the mention. Pretty certain you don't get a notification in such case.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • This is now a new suggestion thread.

• @rm_ said:
    Maybe those which you didn't get is when someone posts something, after that edits the post and only then adds the mention. Pretty certain you don't get a notification in such case.

I don't know about that, but I haven't received 1 mention for the past few days, nothing from this thread either. Maybe hotmail & LET don't play nice?

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • @Nekki said:
    I'm assuming you have the relevant preferences set to enable the notifications?

Yeah, I have popup enabled for everything and email enabled for mentions, PMs and comments on bookmarked discussions. I didn't even receive a notification for that mention. No popup or email.

• Same here, I rarely (if ever) receive ANY notifications.