Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr: Double transfer in Australia and Tokyo!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr: Double transfer in Australia and Tokyo!

J1021J1021 Member
edited September 2015 in Providers

From the 1st of September, Vultr will be doubling all data transfer quotas for Australia and Tokyo. Previously the $5/mo plan included 200GB of transfer quota but now includes 400GB.

A reminder that Vultr still have a $50/60-day free trial.

Thanked by 1getvps

Comments

• good

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2015
    curl -vI http:// vultr.us /freetrial
    HTTP/1.1 302 Found

Such reflink, and the site is hosted at DO. :)

• @rm_ said:

curl -vI http://vultr.us /freetrial
    > HTTP/1.1 302 Found
    > Location: https://www.vultr.com /freetrial ?ref=6803118

Such reflink, and the site is hosted at DO. :)

Wow that's a new one.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • rm_ said: and the site is hosted at DO. :)

;; ANSWER SECTION:
    vultr.us.       300 IN  NS  ns5.linode.com.
    vultr.us.       300 IN  NS  ns2.linode.com.
    vultr.us.       300 IN  NS  ns1.linode.com.
    vultr.us.       300 IN  NS  ns3.linode.com.
    vultr.us.       300 IN  NS  ns4.linode.com.

You can't say I'm not impartial.

• Will this be a limited time promo or a permanent change?

kcaj said: You can't say I'm not impartial.

So, more proof that you don't actually use Vultr yourself? :)

• TheOnlyDK said: Will this be a limited time promo or a permanent change?

This is a permanent change.

rm_ said: So, more proof that you don't actually use Vultr yourself? :)

I do use them, not for anything for your eyes though :)

Thanked by 1TheOnlyDK
  • So back to employment?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • @AnthonySmith What about an upgrade for LES Tokyo? :)

• @salakis said:
    AnthonySmith What about an upgrade for LES Tokyo? :)

What about you be happy with what you're getting for €3/year? :-/

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @Nekki said:
    What about you be happy with what you're getting for €3/year? :-/

Never claimed I wasn't, but LES was the first thing that came to my mind when I read about Vultr in Tokyo.

• @salakis said:
    Never claimed I wasn't, but LES was the first thing that came to my mind when I read about Vultr in Tokyo.

Your first thought was greed o_0

Thanked by 2ATHK rgenzon
    edited September 2015

Nekki said: Your first thought was greed o_0

Wanting to reap benefits as the technology progresses is not greed. If LES upstream now gives more b/w, no reason not to expect LES to pass on some of that to their users. No matter how you look at it, just 75 GB/month is way too low and is one of the reasons that puts off me from ordering.

• @rm_ said:
    Wanting to reap benefits as the technology progresses is not greed. If LES upstream now gives more b/w, no reason not to expect LES to pass on some of that to their users. No matter how you look at it, just 75 GB/month is way too low and is one of the reasons that puts off me from ordering

You disappoint.

• does anyone know if vultr supports vcc for trial?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

If it is for current customers too I probably will increase it, but at a time I can handle 500 can you update my package tickets :)

Thanked by 2TheOnlyDK salakis
  • I can not understand what's wrong if ppl using reflinks.. maybe is better to keep big providers this $ .. than normal ppl like us ..?

• This reminded me about LES too, I'm greedy I admit it :p

• getvps said: I can not understand what's wrong if ppl using reflinks.. maybe is better to keep big providers this $ .. than normal ppl like us ..?

In some circles, those who use affiliate links without stating that fact are considered worse than paedophiles.

• I'm asking myself the affiliate thing too. Affiliate means you got to something by someone, which is the case, right?

Thanked by 1netomx
  • BensDaManBensDaMan Member
    edited September 2015

So now I'm getting 4x more transfer than when I signed up! (Vultr doubled bandwidth for Sydney/Tokyo instances about 8-9 months ago, nice to see them doing it again)

• SplitIceSplitIce Member, Host Rep

Nice! Once more and I could do an AU monitoring node....

• Same scheme as DO does, prepaid bank cards not accepted, only credit cards can be used. Worse

• @fitvpn said:
    Same scheme as DO does, prepaid bank cards not accepted, only credit cards can be used. Worse

Why are you using prepaid cards anyways? Scared that they will steal your info? If you wanna use a service you gotta trust the company.

Thanked by 1lostinwoods
  • rm_ said: and the site is hosted at DO.

They might sack him for conflict of interest.

• A lot of hype about their SLA on their site but when you read it and do the math it basically says you get a free month if they have catastrophic 7+ hours downtime.

• TheOnlyDK said: Why are you using prepaid cards anyways? Scared that they will steal your info? If you wanna use a service you gotta trust the company.

People in many countries simply don't have credit cards because they don't buy things with a loan, nor travel abroad. I don't know anyone in real life who has an actual credit card (only prepaid/debit, if at all).

Thanked by 1fitvpn
    edited September 2015

singsing said: you get a free month if they have catastrophic 7+ hours downtime.

Well other companies often don't give you anything (not even a proper "sorry") and still have similar downtimes.

Aside from that, it always make me wonder, what do people expect from "SLA" on a lowend priced VPS? For provider to compensate for your "lost business", "lost profits" or other "damages" incurred due to their downtimes? Hah no, at most you will get some sort of an account credit, and you should be thankful at least they have this multiplicator that 7 hours ends up giving you a month, rather than just 7 hours of your VM hourly cost.

• @4n0nx said:
    People in many countries simply don't have credit cards because they don't buy things with a loan, nor travel abroad. I don't know anyone in real life who has an actual credit card (only prepaid/debit, if at all).

That I can understand, but here in Canada my debit card is like a credit card (Visa Debit it says), which they told me I can use anywhere where Visa is accepted. And since we are talking about Vultr (or DO) can't paypal be used instead?

• TheOnlyDK said: That I can understand, but here in Canada my debit card is like a credit card (Visa Debit it says), which they told me I can use anywhere where Visa is accepted. And since we are talking about Vultr (or DO) can't paypal be used instead?

I think my debit card was rejected by DO and so was my neteller virtual card... not sure.. and I think DO does not accept Paypal? Also not sure. :D