Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IntenseNode spam
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

IntenseNode spam

rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
edited August 2015 in Providers

Anyone else getting these?

Hello!

The hottest labor day specials from IntenseNode are in effect starting NOW! Kick start your labor day with the best deals around, including instant deployment. These offers will make it feel like Black Friday has arrived early :)

Intense VPS hosting deals below - featuring a premium redundant network blend backed by redundant and quick SAS 15KRPM storage, power and top of the line support.

Intense VPS 256MB:

• 1 x CPU Intel Xeon processor
  • 256MB Dedicated ECC RAM
  • 512MB vSwap
  • 10GB SAS RAID-10 Storage Space
  • 500GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth Transfer
  • 1 IPv4 Address, 5 IPv6 Addresses
  • SolusVM and OpenVZ Technology
  • Full root access via SSH, unlimited reboots, OS reloads, 24x7 web console
  • Self-managed
  • Deployed in Los Angeles, CA

I wonder where did they get my E-Mail address (it's not the one listed on my website), as I have never used a provider called IntenseNode. Seems like either one of the providers "shared" their database, or closed down / renamed / restarted, and now mailing through the DB of the previous brand's clients. In any case, using a stolen/bought DB like this seems to be a great way to ruin your reputation before you even start...

Thanked by 2DomainBop Dillybob

Comments

• NekkiNekki Veteran

You ever a GVH customer?

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

No [, lol].

• NekkiNekki Veteran

I've got a load too.

• Yes, two spam mails yesterday. The source of the email address is Chicago VPS.
    (I use unique addresses for each provider/service, hence traceable and 100% certain).

• I just saw a thread on WHT about this.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Vienna said: I use unique addresses for each provider/service

Yeah now I do too, but unfortunately they got my "unmarked" address, probably from before I started doing that.

lazyt said: I just saw a thread on WHT about this.

Found it: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1509326

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Got some too. 3 emails for me plus one more from web-expert.gr heh...

• So the question is - are these emails harvested due to an old database leak, or is it something new?

• Whoever Brad Weaver is, he should come out of hiding.

• Yep, this: source of the email address is Chicago VPS

• The number on the domain is a Google voice number too. Hmmmm

@Termiet said:
    Yep, this: source of the email address is Chicago VPS

Have proof? Don't see that on my end..

• TermietTermiet Member
    edited August 2015

@XFS_Duke said:
    The number on the domain is a Google voice number too. Hmmmm

Return-Path: <[email protected]>X-Spam-Status: No, score=-0.3 required=2.0 tests=BAYES_00,DATE_IN_PAST_03_06,
    HTML_MESSAGE,SPF_HELO_PASS,SPF_PASS,T_RP_MATCHES_RCVD autolearn=no version=3.3.2
    X-Original-To: chigaco@xDelivered-To: defaultx
    X-Greylist: delayed 7593 seconds by postgrey-1.34 at x; Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:51:44 CESTReceived: from m1.intensenode.com (m.intensenode.com [212.18.232.224])
    by x (Postfix) with ESMTPS id EE4691001D4 for <chigaco@x>; Mon, 31 Aug 2015 09:51:44 +0200 (CEST)
    Received: from localhost ([::1]:37750 helo=m.intensenode.com)
    by m1.intensenode.com with esmtp (Exim 4.85)
    (envelope-from no-reply@intensenode.com)
    id 1ZWFwf-00062j-FW
    for chigaco@x; Sun, 30 Aug 2015 23:39:45 -0400
    Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 03:39:45 +0000
    To: chigaco@x
    Subject: YOUR VPS SERVER - Discounts AVAILABLE! - FREE Server Giveawa
    Message-ID: e3671c2e4d4ffx@m.intensenode.com
    X-Priority: 3
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer [version 1.72]
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart/alternative;
    boundary="b1_e3671c2e4dx"
    X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
    X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - m1.intensenode.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - x
    X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
    X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - intensenode.com
    X-Get-Message-Sender-Via: m1.intensenode.com: acl_c_authenticated_local_user: mintensenode``

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@XFS_Duke said:
    The number on the domain is a Google voice number too. Hmmmm

Well, the only 2 providers I've been with that I know have DB leaks are GVH and CVPS, and I think we've ruled the GVH leak out.

• Yea, it seems it is CVPS since it is the same email I have registered with them. Heh. So, how did they get the email database? The domain name was registered in February it seems. So, did Brad Weaver, if that's his real name, work for CVPS or is this dirtbag pulling another NeximWeb by using a stolen DB? @HostMyBytes, this isn't you again, is it? Lol

• ATHKATHK Member

We all know @Spirit is behind this :P

• This is why i use DNT by abine :) you can also track where it came from or who sold the emails.

• @IntenseNode any ideas?

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

I'm getting spam from them for 1 e-mail address I've never used before and, while I've never been a client of ChicagoVPS, the other e-mail I'm getting the spam on was one I used with 123Systems so it looks like they are pooling all of their databases together for a new brand.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

Vienna said: The source of the email address is Chicago VPS.

How surprising.

rds100 said: So the question is - are these emails harvested due to an old database leak, or is it something new?

Likely from an old leak. ChicagoVPS got my email recently (year ago or so) and I didn't got this.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • It's Weloveservers, just look at the unsubscription sentence.
    And it's the same offers as they had a few months ago, 12$/year in Los Angeles.

• IntenseSpam.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2015

Upstage said: It's Weloveservers, just look at the unsubscription sentence. And it's the same offers as they had a few months ago, 12$/year in Los Angeles.

Is that right?

Well I will just leave this here then, http://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/58777/weloveservers-now-owned-by-new-wave-netconnect-chris-fabozzi-chicagovps-incorrect if anyone can actually prove this beyond coincidence that means Chris directly lied to a moderator to cover it up and gain business advantage through deception.

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

The same history once again...

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Weloveservers.net is still apparently a trading name of Worldwide Web Projects Ltd, which is still owned by Jason West.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Nekki said: which is still owned by Jason West.

On paper.

• LESLES Member

They spammed me too. On 2 different email adresses (one used for paypal payments)

AVOID IntenseNode at any costs!

• First thing that I thought of when I received this was that it came from weloveservers as they somehow write the same. But now that I think of it- it is possible that is also came from chicagovps

• joereidjoereid Member
    edited August 2015

I've been a customer of both WLS and CVPS and I didn't get any mail.

EDIT
    Nevermind, it was in my spam folder :D

• NekkiNekki Veteran

Well, looks like a cookie-cutter ToS that's used by a ton of shit-looking hosting companies, that oddly has a specific reference to charging £30 for having an IP blacklisted. Doesn't seem like a CVPS-style thing to do.