Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notch isn't happy with his billions - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notch isn't happy with his billions

2»

Comments

• Why don't you start working too Nyr?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2015

@gsrdgrdghd said:
    Why don't you start working too Nyr?

Who tells you I don't already have some kind of work/livelihood? Anyway I don't see how working a lot more hours (so less free time) would fix the problem.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@netomx said:
    Being rich isn't as bad as you think guys. Ask me if you wanna know anything

I'll ask Nekki

C'mon now guys, being part of this community aren't we all rich in terms of friendship.

But yo' I got £40 of Delimiter credit so y'all can just call me NekkiNuggetz, hear?

• @Nekki said:
    Its not bad but you should balance your life and live a cheering life that it important.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • "Found a great girl, but she's afraid of me and my life style and went with a normal person instead."

She probably just thought he was boring, made up some excuse, and the bolded part is just Notch's imagination.

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@tvtaddy said:
    @Nekki said: Its not bad but you should balance your life and live a cheering life that it important.

Most important I find is getting the joke, because if you don't, it's you who is the real punchline.

• LOL reminds me that I know the guy who owns sadandlonely.com

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited August 2015

oh man, priceless, had me on tears. +1

@kcaj said:
    When you cashing out those IPs?

• @pbgben said:
    Maybe notch needs to try the Bilzerian lifestyle

The man Dan needs to go cheer this man up.

• Well, if he was happier before getting all the money..why doesn't he "just" continue living like he did before (just with some "Premium" things..like a GVH VPS)? He should just give the money to people which know how to handle so much money and he doesn't has to care about it anymore if that's the problem.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

My guess is notch could find it very rewarding if he were to start a charity or give some of his immense wealth away to other deserving causes.

The whole article reads so poorly for notch.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited August 2015

reads so poorly

Agreed. Maybe he can find some inspiration understanding philanthropy a bit more. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Carnegie

Carnegie's philosophy was to accumulate as much wealth as possible in the first half of your life, and focus on spending it afterwards.

• adxnadxn Member, Host Rep

• @Nyr said:
    I just spend Monday to Thursday on the Internet or playing video games waiting for Friday to get out with friends until Sunday and then repeat the cycle, which gets boring and insane fast.

This..
    Makes you feel really bad.

Also, I have some pilot friends, which have multiple times the income I have. I like'm and hanging out with them is fun. But I can't always hang out with them since money isn't much of an issue for them they tend to hang out in expensive places. Therefore I don't go out with them that much. I financially just can't! (:

When these two are combined, I think understanding that man's loneliness is not that hard.

• @raindog308 said:
    Forum race condition...

Naw :)

• LeeLee Veteran

I think the mistake here is that everyone seems to think he should be happy just because of the money and he should snap out of his downer and start spending and/or giving it away.

Sounds easy.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • LeeLee Veteran

I think the mistake here is that everyone seems to think he should be happy just because of the money and he should snap out of his downer and start spending and/or giving it away.

Sounds easy.

• Microsoft bought Minecraft for 2.5 billion dollars?!

What kind of crazy world . . .

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Money can't buy happiness , but it can buy a shit tone of Gear, which is good enough ;)

• @Lee said:

>

Nah, not everybody here thinks he had to be happy. Imo he just shouldn't be less happy then before which should be doable.

• @Lee said:

No, the mistake is him thinking he should not be happy because of the money. Again, his problem is that he doesn't understand money on the scale he's now at. He needs to hire someone who can help him wrap his head around his newfound circumstances (at a personal level, not like a financial manager). There's a reason why people who get cash windfalls (especially unearned, like lottery winners) often end up in a worse position than when they started.

• racksxracksx Member
    edited August 2015

Hi,

At the end when you reach the glory you fight for, some for money some for love etc..., you are not happy with it, then why did you fight for the first time, this is a question that we should all ask, he sold the game for money, and now is not happy :) damn, why he sold it?:), not happy with the money? donate them, i belive there are a lot of kids who can enjoy the money which make's a lot of rich people unhappy :)

• HxxxHxxx Member

You are right, THO i really think that "he should". :)

@Lee said:

Sounds easy.