Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Notch isn't happy with his billions
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Notch isn't happy with his billions

jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Apparently life as one of techs newly minted multi billionaires isn't what it's cracked up to be... I am sure there are plenty of folks on let that would be happy to help Notch with his "problems", right?

For those who haven't seen his messages on social media yet: http://www.cnet.com/news/billionaire-who-sold-minecraft-to-microsoft-is-sad-and-lonely/

The struggle is real...

Comments

• When you cashing out those IPs?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

I think this is definition of "whiney git".

Tomorrow he could give all his money away to charity and his problem would be gone, though I'm sure he's not going to do that...

Seriously. Bill Gates has a wonderful, purposeful life. This loser could, too.

• WHTWHT Member

To be rich is worst as jail. Those people are really lonely.
    How could I meet a girl when I know she loves my money.
    How could I meet a new friend when I know he is acting just to get a pie from my money.
    Very sad story...

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2015

Shit, that optical illusion on his last tweet is pretty cool:

Thanked by 1yomero
  • LeeLee Veteran
    edited August 2015

The guy has went from being a respected somebody with a good life, surrounded by well looked after staff who watched over him to then be wealthy beyond belief, a nobody that people now want to know because of his wealth and without his staff has little to no friends.

Yes he could give it all away, yes he could do amazing things, but if you ever take some time to look at the guy he has always been the shy guy at the party who sits in the corner of the room wanting it to be over so he can leave.

I pretty much believe that he realises his worst mistake ever was to sell the company.

You heard it here, I think he will dead within 3-5 years.

Thanked by 1ChrisK
  • @kcaj said:
    When you cashing out those IPs?

he's got the c class already

• sinsin Member

Hookers and cocaine, problem solved

Thanked by 2ATHK Shade
  • @raindog308 said:
    This loser could, too.

Either your definition of a loser is very different than mine or you're having issues with your not being able to cry inside a Bugatti when you're sad.

Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Being rich isn't as bad as you think guys. Ask me if you wanna know anything

I'll ask @Nekki

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Money cannot buy happiness, He might as well buy a new identity, put his money in a safe place and start again.

His dad suffered from depression that ended up killing him, it would be sad for Notches legacy to go the same way.

• @jbiloh ask Notch to invest his money in ColoCrossing and make him setup servers for GVH, that'll keep him busy.

Thanked by 2netomx ihatetonyy

deadbeef said: Either your definition of a loser is very different than mine or you're having issues with your not being able to cry inside a Bugatti when you're sad.

Being a loser has nothing to do with wealth.

For example, Steve Jobs was a loser. By all accounts, he was a rude egomaniac who cheated his best friend and treated those around him like dirt. Those are bigger failures than just being poor or anonymous.

Yes, he accomplished amazing things but still, he was a jerk, so did he really "win" at life? I would say no.

Jimi Hendrix was arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time, but he was dead of 23 from a drug overdose and his biography includes tales of his violent behavior towards women...was he a loser? I'd say so.

Jonny Nguyen was...ok, I'm just being silly now.

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep

LOL

Thanked by 1letbox
  • mojojujumojojuju Member
    edited August 2015

Dude seems really confused. It doesn't seem like a lavish lifestyle is for him. Just because you strike it rich doesn't mean you have to do all that rich guy shit - buy a mansion and alienate yourself from your past life and everyone. Seems like the money controls him. He could buy a modest home or apartment, or even build one himself out of cubes made of various building materials.

• @raindog308

You killed me with the last statement LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @WHT said:

That's their choice.

How could I meet a new friend when I know he is acting just to get a pie from my money.

A rich person who doesn't know how to do those things isn't really a rich person. That's the problem with these "new money" people. If Notch were smart, he'd just kick a few million to someone who could solve the problem for him. Someone who wouldn't be pretending to be a friend to get the money. Someone . . . . someone like me. :-)

Thanked by 1deadbeef
  • @raindog308 said:
    For example, Steve Jobs was a loser.

I stopped reading here, we just live in totally different worlds, what can I say. :)

deadbeef said: I stopped reading here

Then you either think that money is the only thing important in this life (in which case, yes, we do live in totally different worlds), or you didn't read far enough to see my point.

• @raindog308 said:
    Then you either think that money is the only thing important in this life (in which case, yes, we do live in totally different worlds), or you didn't read far enough to see my point.

It's an expression, implying the huge divergence of opinions. I actually read all the post.

I think that what's important in life is what each person assumes is for himself. That's why I did not attack your opinion. But you don't, you've come to a conclusion for yourself, and you extrapolate that to be the "truth" for everyone on this planet. And that's the core of our disagreement.

deadbeef said: I think that what's important in life is what each person assumes is for himself.

I agree with that. What makes me happy is not what might make you happy.

However, I would hold that "money is not the yardstick of success in life" is a universal truth and yes, I would extrapolate that for all mankind.

• @WHT said:
    Very sad story...

Make friends now, be rich later. or never.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • Don't talk about your net worth to anyone, except the woman who agrees to marry you.

Not your kids, the press, or your parents.

Don't drive an overly flashy car or wear a hand-crafted swiss watch.

The advertisement of financial wealth is just another 'variable' that compounds the difficulty of evaluating your human relationships. This is something that 'old money' on every continent, has(have?) figured out, after a few generations of trial-and-error.

• @raindog308 said:
    I think this is definition of "whiney git".

Tomorrow he could give all his money away to charity and his problem would be gone, though I'm sure he's not going to do that...

Seriously. Bill Gates has a wonderful, purposeful life. This loser could, too.

What about the greedy idiot we call Steve Jobs? He didn't seem to appreciate charity (when he was alive). Bill Gates = great man :)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • He should give most of the fortune to charity, or something similar to that. Obviously, staying in some mansion at Los Angeles all day complaining isn't going to fix anything. Maybe if he sees someone/people in need of the money more than him -- he could do something about it and go get him/her some food.

I think it's the little things in life that count - even if you're only donating a couple dollars to charity. It could be the few dollars that even save a life.

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited August 2015

@raindog308 said:

deadbeef said: Either your definition of a loser is very different than mine or you're having issues with your not being able to cry inside a Bugatti when you're sad.

Being a loser has nothing to do with wealth.

For example, Steve Jobs was a loser. By all accounts, he was a rude egomaniac who cheated his best friend and treated those around him like dirt. Those are bigger failures than just being poor or anonymous.

Yes, he accomplished amazing things but still, he was a jerk, so did he really "win" at life? I would say no.

Jimi Hendrix was arguably the greatest rock guitarist of all time, but he was dead of 23 from a drug overdose and his biography includes tales of his violent behavior towards women...was he a loser? I'd say so.

Jonny Nguyen was...ok, I'm just being silly now.

@doghouch, he did.

Forum race condition :-)

• @raindog308, thanks, you gave me a good laugh on the last line :)

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Maybe notch needs to try the Bilzerian lifestyle

Thanked by 2vimalware OnraHost
  • @WHT said:
    Very sad story...

If you were a billionaire you would probably hang out/spend your life with other billionaires.

And then you'd have your existing friends too.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

In sweden, I will sit around and wait for my friends with jobs and families to have time to do shit, watching my reflection in the monitor.

As someone with a ton of free time, I feel like that's increasingly the case for me too: for example I was yesterday with some friends and wanted to make some plans for the night, but they needed to work today so we just had some nice dinner...

Or wanting to do something during the week just to see how all your friends are either studying or at work. Same with trying to go camping last weekend (cancelled) or to a music festival this one (cancelled too). Pretty difficult to make plans with some adult people's schedules.

I just spend Monday to Thursday on the Internet or playing video games waiting for Friday to get out with friends until Sunday and then repeat the cycle, which gets boring and insane fast.