Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH changed their prices. - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH changed their prices.

2»

Comments

• Even when they changed the prices, they still look cheap

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

I think this is just the first of many price increases. The churn and Capex requirements to support the ovh model must be extreme. And perhaps not sustainasustainable.

Thanked by 1Francisco
  • LeeLee Veteran

I see the soyoustart servers going up soon. The low price with 16 free IP's was an enticement. You have had it long enough now that when they push the price up $10 you won't be able to say no because you have nowhere else to go even at that price for what you get.

Thanked by 2Francisco Maounique
  • NekkiNekki Veteran

Eh, I've been hanging onto some old Atoms because they're too damned cheap to cancel, a price increase might make me think twice so maybe not such a bad thing from my perspective.

• LeeLee Veteran

I doubt the Kimsufi line will be see any price increases, it's a strong attraction to draw new clients in.

• GulfGulf Member
    edited August 2015

Looks like today they closed all unverified RunAbove accounts. They offered the same cloud under OVH brand with higher prices, from 6.5$ vs 2.5$ RunAbove offers for the same servers.

• "The price of your server has changed, click here to find out more."

Does anyone else have this?

• WHTWHT Member

@linuxthefish said:
    "The price of your server has changed, click here to find out more."

Increased?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@linuxthefish said:
    "The price of your server has changed, click here to find out more."

Which product line?

Francisco

• @Francisco said:
    Francisco

Enterprise SP-64 - 64G E5-1620v2 Server, with 4x 800gb SSD not included in the increase :(

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

So the SSD's are billed separately or whats the story on that? No idea?

Francisco

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Lovely, they increased to current customers too. How nice of them :-).

Very reliable.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • Oh crap AMD is gone :(

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2015

Now OVH resellers going piss off with OVZ and their prices.. :)

• Wonder how many idling because they're cheap setup are going to be shutdown.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • sinsin Member

I'm waiting on them to release their new cloud vps line in their Canada datacenter

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

All of mine seem to be the same price (including two Enterprise server, one on ovh.ie and one on ovh.us)? Is it just SSD or what?

• elgselgs Member

Why did I see they actually decreased the price? For example, SP32 from $96 to $79.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Lee said: You have had it long enough now that when they push the price up $10 you won't be able to say no because you have nowhere else to go even at that price for what you get.

That is the way to do price wars by the book.
    However, the customers might not agree, they will find incentives to look elsewhere and find good support at almost same price. Less BS kicking and racism, stable pricing, our word is our bond attitude. This might beat 1-2 Euros for many people.

• I was about to order some servers on the 1st with some configurations that are not available now.. proverbial day late and dollar short. Some of the previous plan changes before this huge overhaul had 4TB drives and now back to 2TB drives... bummer.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2015

Lee said: I doubt the Kimsufi line will be see any price increases, it's a strong attraction to draw new clients in.

That's how it would work in theory, except with OVH the Kimsufi clients are Kimsufi clients, and if they want to get a server at OVH itself or Soyoustart, they have to register (and go through their famous "verification") all over again...

• AshleyUkAshleyUk Member
    edited August 2015

@doughmanes said:
    I was about to order some servers on the 1st with some configurations that are not available now.. proverbial day late and dollar short. Some of the previous plan changes before this huge overhaul had 4TB drives and now back to 2TB drives... bummer.

How I see it is some ranges / configs have gone up, and some have gone down. With the removal of setup fee for each server it seems they have reevaluated the total cost of hardware and adjusted the monthly fee's to this. Hence some hardware will not be cheaper, and some slightly more expensive (mainly the SSD's) However good to see they have added some new CPU's and options, interesting to see how all these OVH reseller act when there told by OVH their price is going up.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • Maybe they will even out again and make adjustments

• perennateperennate Member, Host Rep

doughmanes said: I was about to order some servers on the 1st with some configurations that are not available now.. proverbial day late and dollar short. Some of the previous plan changes before this huge overhaul had 4TB drives and now back to 2TB drives... bummer.

Hm, most of the old plans are still available if you click the (+) button, at least the ones I have.

• 1 USD went from 0.72€ to 0.92€ in one year.
    1 USD went from 1.04 CAD to 1.33 CAD in one year.

Similar. What is your point?

• As posted by @boernd, price went from $114.36 to $108.68 (for example).
    As @elgs posted, his SP32 went from $96 to $79.
    Hardware is mostly sold in USD, so is international networking.
    OVH had to change/adjust their prices but they didn't increase them.
    They didn't change their strategy ( @WSCallum ) or their margin ( @jbiloh ).

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • @rm_ said:
    if they want to get a server at OVH itself or Soyoustart, they have to register (and go through their famous "verification") all over again...

You do have to re-register, but if you tell them you're already verified (with the same info/email address) on another brand you at least don't have to go through that again.

@hostingwizard_net said:
    As posted by boernd, price went from $114.36 to $108.68 (for example).
    As elgs posted, his SP32 went from $96 to $79.
    Hardware is mostly sold in USD, so is international networking.
    OVH had to change/adjust their prices but they didn't increase them.
    They didn't change their strategy ( WSCallum ) or their margin ( jbiloh ).

International networking is not always sold in dollars.
    Your things here contradict themselves, if the move was the result of currency variations, all things would have gone the same way, bigger servers got more expensive too, also, some of the smaller ones are no longer made, so they do not cost anything hardware wise, their value is the one at the moment of purchase which did not change.
    They are changing their strategy, they are doing it for quite some time, this latest move shows that, increasing prices for smaller servers where they are cheap and lowering for bigger ones where they are trying to gather more customers. The regular kid with a game server or a torrent box is no longer the preferred customer, numbers never added up over there, these changes are good for the company.