Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH changed their prices.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH changed their prices.

AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

Hello folks,

Seems OVH removed setup fees and changed their monthly prices, seems they are not cheap anymore...

Thanked by 1ricardo

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2015

Prices don't appear to have jumped that much, curiously delivery on new hosting offerings is also from Sept 15th too?

• Seems to me they have removed the Setup Fee and spread the cost over ex amount of months, while adding some new servers.

• boerndboernd Member
    edited August 2015

It seems they have introduced new servers with Xeon D-1520 and Xeon D-1540 replacing the old AMD servers. (HOSTING range)
    https://www.ovh.com/fr/serveurs_dedies/hosting/

• AlbaHostAlbaHost Member, Host Rep

@wych said:
    Prices don't appear to have jumped that much, curiously delivery on new hosting offerings is also from Sept 15th too?

Well they promise in 120 sec, according to this:

We've optimised our internal procedures so that we can deliver your server within a record 120 seconds!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Do new prices apply to the people which paid the setup fees too? :P

• Excellent. I'd priced one the other night and now it's slightly cheaper with 10Gbps network.

10 days setup time though.

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

AlbaHost said: seems they are not cheap anymore...

OVH wasn't cheap even before. For their cheaper servers one should proceed to SoYouStart or Kimsufi, and the prices at those haven't changed (for now?)

• @Maounique said:
    Do new prices apply to the people which paid the setup fees too? :P

yes

@rm_ said:
    OVH wasn't cheap even before. For their cheaper servers one should proceed to SoYouStart or Kimsufi, and the prices at those haven't changed (for now?)

Well based on EU, ovh was the cheapest one. At least they said that they provide first hand servers for OVH, and for soyoustart a second hand etc...

• @AlbaHost said:
    Well based on EU, ovh was the cheapest one. At least they said that they provide first hand servers for OVH, and for soyoustart a second hand etc...

Well not bad prices. But who provide better quality? Online.net or OVH this new dedicated server line?

Suggestion :)?

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

I am about to renew my SP64 and am still getting quoted £109 incl VAT

@ZweiTiger said:

I think OVH provides many more features than online, like ddos protection and free ips at no monthly costs. Their support seems to be bit faster nowadays...

edited August 2015

hawc said: I am about to renew my SP64 and am still getting quoted £109 incl VAT

The pic says new price is from 1st October.

AlbaHost said: OVH provides many more features than online, like ddos protection

And online.net doesn't provide DDoS protection?

Thanked by 1MacPac
  • AlbaHost said: free ips at no monthly costs

not technically free as you need to pay £1.70 + VAT setup

• hawchawc Moderator, LIR

@boernd said:

Where do you get that to come up?

@rm_ said:
    And online.net doesn't provide DDoS protection?

Yes they do, but you need to have business plan which it cost extra.

@TarZZ92 said:

It's one time payment, just setup fees with no monthly renewal...

AlbaHost said: Yes they do, but you need to have business plan which it cost extra.

As you can see by the link I posted, all servers have a basic level DDoS protection for free -- just like at OVH.

• ovh is scam??

@rm_ said:
    As you can see by the link I posted, all servers have a basic level DDoS protection for free -- just like at OVH.

Yes, but their basic protection is a little slow instead of ovh one.

• @ZweiTiger said:

OVHs network is better, they have direct peerings with ISPs which aren't good reachable using tier1 transit or public peering (for example UPC, DTAG, Comcast, Telefonica...)

@hawc said:
    Where do you get that to come up?

There is a clickable yellow warning in the customer panel.

• @hostnoob said:
    ovh is scam??

Nope.

Don't open new thread for this :P

Thanked by 1niknar1900
  • @boernd said:

actually online.net already have a kind of peering with Telefonica (through Hopus.net), DTAG's coming real soon there too, we have already done a test earlier with them ;)

Mik

• GulfGulf Member

Do not see SSD option :(

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

mikmak said: actually online.net already have a kind of peering with Telefonica (through Hopus.net)

I can confirm connectivity with Telefonica is already fine at all times of the day. No need to fund them paying crazy prices for direct connectivity.

Thanked by 2mikmak netomx
  • FredQcFredQc Member
    edited August 2015

Well, the CA website has just been updated too and all the prices has grown up, no surprise there.

The new 2016 range is looking very expensive from my poor Quebec's resident and overtaxed point of view... US > CAD is not helping us at all.

The only servers that remains untouched are those from the 2013 line, but I don't know how much time they'll stay there.

When they launched the 3 Eur a dedi offer some 2 years ago and were also going to build more DCs, I thought they are goners.
    Someone got their mind together and since made only moves that show realism.
    Support quality increased, prices increased, many other things changed, from a stunt slipping the GVH way, now it almost looks like a serious business and will probably improve.
    Personally I still don't trust them, once broken, trust is hard to get back, but I think that day is not far.

• @Maounique said:
    When they launched the 3 Eur a dedi offer some 2 years ago and were also going to build more DCs, I thought they are goners.
    Someone got their mind together and since made only moves that show realism.
    Support quality increased, prices increased, many other things changed, from a stunt slipping the GVH way, now it almost looks like a serious business and will probably improve.
    Personally I still don't trust them, once broken, trust is hard to get back, but I think that day is not far.

Possibly related to Laurent Allard taking over as CEO and Oles stepping to CTO, I thought this was going to be quite the obvious direction OVH would take when Oles stepped down, although I still wouldn't say the prices are excessively high, more average.

WSCallum said: although I still wouldn't say the prices are excessively high, more average.

That is not the idea, OVH will remain a budget player with some brands and low-medium priced otherwise, but is a sustainable one, they switched from crazy, lets go witht he flow approach to serious planning and reevaluation.

• They seem cheaper than pretty much anyone else, and a nice intermediate between small dedis and co-locating your own hardware.

• Hah.. They starts offer KVM VPS instead OpenVZ from 2,99 EUR for 2Gb.. That nice movement!